Small rant. Warning! Uncensored swear words. Lots.

Options

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i have coke every day. just as long as im under my calories for the day then im not fussed.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    if you were really a super hippie chick, you wouldn't think to drink pop in the first place.

jus' sayin...
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    This should help you: http://tucsoncitizen.com/rynski/2010/01/11/poop-in-your-soda-pop/

You assume that there's got to be something bad in soda, right? I do, but I didn't have anything off-hand aside from the typical factory stuff that ends up in bottles (and thus ends up in anything and everything you buy that goes into a can or bottle or ... box ... bag ... etc.), so I just did a random Google search for "bad stuff that ends up in pop". I'd say this qualifies, fershur.

Thanks (?) for that...
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    separated at birth? i'd rather drink...well...pretty much anything other than water. it repulses me. i literally have to hold my nose and force myself to drink it. actually, i don't get that thirsty. i wish i did so i would crave water. i've gone entire days before i realized i hadn't drank anything, then had to gag down about 4 sips of water just to say i drank something (yes, i *know* how bad that is for me, blah, blah, blah. whatever. i still don't like it). and flavored water usually has that *diet* after-taste, so flavoring doesn't help, either. i'm with that other poster - everything else i drink has water in it - my sweet tea, my snapple, my dr. pepper, my coffee, my whipped cream vodka w/sprite. there. there's my water.
  • elfie9863
    Options
    <
    racing to 7-11 to get a BIG GULP for that poor lady.....
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't mind water so much - but my husband - he never drinks it! He has powerade0 and some diet drinks during the day, drinks a few beers during the evening but NEVER ever drinks water. He's still alive........hmmmm. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    if you were really a super hippie chick, you wouldn't think to drink pop in the first place.

jus' sayin...
    :smokin::wink:
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This should help you: http://tucsoncitizen.com/rynski/2010/01/11/poop-in-your-soda-pop/

You assume that there's got to be something bad in soda, right? I do, but I didn't have anything off-hand aside from the typical factory stuff that ends up in bottles (and thus ends up in anything and everything you buy that goes into a can or bottle or ... box ... bag ... etc.), so I just did a random Google search for "bad stuff that ends up in pop". I'd say this qualifies, fershur.

my mother turned me onto this from birth. we practically had to rub the top of pop cans with purell before we were allowed to drink from them. same with washing newly purchased clothing - you never knew who/what had touched it before they packaged your underoos.
  • tanisha36
    Options
    AMEN SISTER. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I HATE DRINKING THE **** TOO BUT YOU KNOW WHAT. WE HAVE TO. BOTTOMS UP!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Thanks (<3) for that...
    You've been corrected :p You're welcome.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Please ... tell us how you REALLY feel about water. I don't like drinking it either. But I choke it down too. I have to trick myself some days and put it in a fancy cup.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

jus' sayin...

I guess some people just cruise the message board for some way to make themselves feel witty.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    lol! Love this post. I to HATE WATER
  • kayemme
    Options

jus' sayin...

I guess some people just cruise the message board for some way to make themselves feel witty.

maybe.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have to mix a bit of juice in water to enjoy it. Then it tastes like the over-diluted juice from concentrate my grandmother used to make. Boy, could that woman stretch a can of concentrated orange juice...

I can deal with bottled water but tap water tastes like chlorine to me. It's like drinking non-corrosive bleach.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    LMAO thanks for the giggle :laugh:
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i hate water too.. Actuallly thats not totally true, I love water.IF IT TASTES LIKE COFFEE> with (real) cream and (real) sugar . and i have it. every morning i have 2 cups (or the boss WOULD NOT get any work out of me) and i know exactly how many calories it is, so as a treat on the weekends, a little extra time on the bike & I get a cup at nite too. The point is NOT to deprive yourself. If your always wishing you could have something, you WONT stay on track.

I dont deny myself anything, who wants to lve a life without eating stuff that tastes GOOD. So if i want a cookie, I have a cookie. I ate salad & raw veggies all day the other day so I could have a bowl of pasta for dinner, because I was CRAVING some and I hadnt had any for a month. I was still under calories & carbs. I just make sure I log it in. Does it cost me a few extra minutes on the treadmill?

Healthy does not mean deprived
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    LOL for a "super hippie chick" I would think you'd love natural water. :flowerforyou:

I actually got used to it and love it now!:drinker:
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    water the source of life :3
  • kayemme
    Options
    water the source of life :3

exactly.

i understand how some people aren't used to drinking it, but when you think about the thousands of years that this was the primary fluid for drinking, it's kind of shocking to see so many people turn their noses up at it.

i used to drink only soda pop, or strong-flavored drinks because i think my palate needed "excitement"

now i drink a lot of hot herbal tea, but i use the bag 2-3x so the last cup and a half is pretty much just hot water. then i drink just plain tap water on the in between. i carry a reusable bottle with me on my bike.

i sometimes have to remind myself, too, that when i'm feeling "snacky" i'm really just thirsty. i try to avoid things that are terribly salty so that i don't reach for something sugary to balance it out.

i still drink other things than water, but i find there's a certain kind of sweetness to just clean water - besides, i want to drink it whil e ti's still decent enough to drink. soon enough all the oil we're burning making plastic bottles and bags will be so dense in the air, it won't be able to do anything else but drop into the water system. but that's probably a few years off still... i hope so anyway.