FINALLY worked up the nerve...before/after pics...31 lbs lat

Replies

• rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    OMG YOU ARE ME!!!!!!I have to run to the gym and will write more later...just didn't want to forget! I think you look awesome!!! and I think I look better than I did before but....:( I said 10 more pounds but I feel it should be 15......
  • KevKidd
    KevKidd Posts: 26 Member
    Awesome! You look great, keep it up.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    You are gorgeous!! Keep up the good work!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    I think people who says such things are
    a) parent-type. They care and they are afraid that you will get too obsessed and sick and that it will change you as a person and that you wont be healthy and ready for any horrible sickness that might come your way
    b) jealous-type. Cant stand the tought that someone is doing actually something right for their body.

Its hard to know which is which, but usually our instincts tell us. If the doctor, THE DOCTOR told you youre doing it the healthy way, then go for it!

PS: you look awesome!
  • You look amazing, great job!
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    You look great!!!

LOL about the before pic as motivation! That is why I chose a beach pic on here. BLECH! I love reading/seeing all these before and afters!! Inspiration and motivation! :O)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Way to go! You look awesome. How long have you been at this?
    Thanks! I got serious about it back at the beginning of August 2010.
  • GinaKurtz
    I've noticed one or two friends telling me the same. I think there's two things at play: society has a distorted view on normal, which I believe is tending to be slightly to a lot overweight. I also think friends can get jealous. Seeing you slim makes them feel inadequate, lazy and gluttonous. Do what makes you happy, eat healthy, excercise, take pride in your appearance. Don't worry, be happy!
    Thanks! My doctor's "approval" did wonders to boost my confidence too!
  • GinaKurtz
    You're a huge inspiration to me...we're the same height, same age, and same starting weight. If you can do it, so can I! :D Thank you for posting the pictures. I need to take some of my own.
    Absolutely! :happy:
  • GinaKurtz
    Gina, you look amazing!!! Awesome job! You mentioned starting a family as a healthy mom-to-be, (one of my goals too!) and as a labor & delivery nurse, I must say that women who are in shape, have the best labors and best deliveries!

Fantastic work! SO inspiring!
    Thank you! I've heard that the better shape you're in then the better the labor & delivery! I hope it holds true! We'll see!
  • GinaKurtz
    You look fantastic, wtg! We have similar goal weights so I hope you don't mind but I am going to send you a friend request.
    Congrats on the 31 pounds lost!
    Thanks! I'm glad you friended me! :happy:
  • GinaKurtz
    Wow! You should feel very proud of yourself. Your face even looks happier! You did good, girl! :smokin:
    Thanks! You can tell I was REALLY thrilled to be taking those before pictures, huh? LOL
  • GinaKurtz
    wow, great job, you look fantastic!
    Thanks! Way to go on your 40 lbs you've lost!
  • GinaKurtz
    You look fantastic!!! And I love the pink top (where did you get it??)
    Thanks! I've had it for a while. It was tucked away in the back of my closet with the smaller clothes. I've had it awhile. Macy's...maybe?
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    You look fantastic! Beautiful.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    You look awesome! :smile:
    Great achievement...you can rightly be proud of yourself :smile:
  • GinaKurtz
    Oh my gosh! You are my height and starting weight! My goal is to reach 140-135ish. I'm at 158 right now. I started the couch to 5k and I'm in week 2. You are such an inspiration for me!!! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!
    Thanks, you're sweet! I just sent you a friend request! Good job so far! You can do it!
  • GinaKurtz
    you really look fantastic! definitely don't listen to the jealous people, do what's right for you as long as it's within the healthy BMI range (and clearly your goal is, as your doctor okayed it). i'm wanting to lose another few pounds and people are calling me mean skinny names (bones, telling me i look like death and telling me i need to eat, etc) but my bmi is 19.9! when i get to my goal i'll still be within healthy BMI. jealousy is a *****...
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one getting negativity from those around me! Way to go on being healthy! You're so close to where I want to be BMI-wise! Don't listen to those people! You look great!
  • Girl you did your thang!!! CONGRATS!!!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!