Need advice from guys..

Options

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Nothing sexier than a beautiful confident women asking out a man!

So just go talk to them... you might be very happy you did!
  • rgfor40
    rgfor40 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Any other advice? :smile:

"What if's" suck..... go for it!!
    i agree... go for it. start with a nice smile first and check out the response.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Nothing sexier than a beautiful confident women asking out a man!

So just go talk to them... you might be very happy you did!

you'd know wouldnt you :P

yea just start a convo
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is the same advice I'd give a guy... Make eye contact and smile at him. If he smiles back, he's at very least friendly and approachable, so even just saying, "I see you here all the time. My name is ___ , what's yours?" will get the ball rolling. You'll be seeing him again and again, so there's no need to "close the deal" like if he was someone you randomly spotted at a nightclub or something. You can take your time getting to know him. And who knows, he might open his mouth and be a total knob, so there's no reason whatsoever to be intimidated by him.

If you can't make eye contact and get a smile, he's either uninterested, unavailable, and unfriendly. And you don't need anyone like that in your life.

Look at it this way... the very worst case scenario is that the guy will feel flattered.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    Don't mind me, BUT...

If I am at the gym, I HATE talking to people. I want to get in and get out as efficiently as possible. If you are going to kick it to a guy, just kick it to him, show interest and then back off. Tell him you will chat him up later. In my mind, there is nothing more obvious and kindof annoying than a girl who isnt interested in working out, or who is more interested in trying to be pretty while she is working out.

Also, don't ish where you eat!! You don't want to get with this dude, potentially have something not work out, and then have a gym deterrent. Just workout and get your sweat on. Be a nice person and smile. Look confident and happy to be getting healthy and the guys will come to you.

i like this advice...i like the whole talk to him, back off bit...it's obvious you want to talk to him again just by the mere fact you had the balls to talk to him in the first place...
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I might get slammed for this, but I would wait for him to make the move
    I think you can smile/try to make eye contact etc but if he's interested he'll make a move

*ducking for cover*
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Oh I know! Wink at a guy when you are on the Yes/No machine. problem solved.
  • chicks2023
    Options
    Most of us guys are true dogs and would go for just about any pickup line you had to offer. Personally, I don't frequent the "gym's" in public, I use the facility at my office. But, when I am working out, I think I would be too self conscious to even realize you were flirting or I would be to self conscious about my body odor.

If they are not sweaty and stinky, you have to question their motivation for being there. Right? Again, I think I have been married my whole life, so not the best person to give advice about this, but have put tons of thought into this because as I pointed out before, most of us guys are dogs!

My best advice would be, do a background check on them..... money well spent!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options

My best advice would be, do a background check on them..... money well spent!

LOVE this advice!!!
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just go for it! Not knowing sucks. Just go up and ask him out. What is the worst that could happen? If he says yes, you have a date, if he says no, he wasn't worthy of ya!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    If I am at the gym, I HATE talking to people. I want to get in and get out as efficiently as possible. If you are going to kick it to a guy, just kick it to him, show interest and then back off. Tell him you will chat him up later. In my mind, there is nothing more obvious and kindof annoying than a girl who isnt interested in working out, or who is more interested in trying to be pretty while she is working out.

I agree with this.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... next time you see me in the gym just come up and say hello... LOL but try to wait until I am done with my workout, maybe at the water fountain.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... next time you see me in the gym just come up and say hello... LOL but try to wait until I am done with my workout, maybe at the water fountain.

I agree with this. :smile:
  • kimber607
    Options

I bet you do Shannon
    Give him a little smack on the tush while he is getting a drink of water
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

Then hits his front teeth on the dispenser and I'm sued. :laugh:

<--- terrible at flirting :embarassed:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Totally ask him some random gym question...like "i've seen you in here quite a bit, I was wondering what you think the benefits of this exercise is?" or do what i did, i swear he was the hottest guy I've ever seen, and I'm engaged, but I couldn't help myself....i asked him very innocently how to check my Heart Rate because I feel the monitor on the bike isn't working right...i had him touch my neck and check my heart rate...after that I told him I want 1 health question a day, next thing you know we yap every time he walks in the gym...hot, so damn hot...oh he was the best! good luck! keep it on topic at first until you're ready to ask him on a date...he's there to work out, and so are you!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, BUT...

Also, don't ish where you eat!! You don't want to get with this dude, potentially have something not work out, and then have a gym deterrent. Just workout and get your sweat on. Be a nice person and smile. Look confident and happy to be getting healthy and the guys will come to you.

That's what I was thinking when I originally posted. It's hard to casually strike up a conversation when someone has on headphones or is trying to focus on working out. And the trying to be pretty while she's working out thing isn't me. I'm working my *kitten* off while I'm there. I'm not the "makeup and hair done at the gym" kind of girl.

Thanks for the honest advice. :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

Ok scratch the fountain thing
    Ok, jump in front of him as he is walking towards you, bend down to tie your shoe...
    :ohwell: *shrugs*
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

Ok, jump in front of him as he is walking towards you, bend down to tie your shoe...

I want him to talk to me, not be repulsed by me! :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

I want him to talk to me, not be repuled by me! :laugh:

Oh hush. :angry: