Need advice from guys..

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... next time you see me in the gym just come up and say hello... LOL but try to wait until I am done with my workout, maybe at the water fountain.

I agree with this. :smile:

I bet you do Shannon
    Give him a little smack on the tush while he is getting a drink of water
    :laugh: :tongue:

Then hits his front teeth on the dispenser and I'm sued. :laugh:

<--- terrible at flirting :embarassed:

Ok scratch the fountain thing
    Ok, jump in front of him as he is walking towards you, bend down to tie your shoe...
    :ohwell: *shrugs*

I want him to talk to me, not be repuled by me! :laugh:

nono.gif eh-eh-eh! Not possible, Toots!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    This is the same advice I'd give a guy... Make eye contact and smile at him. If he smiles back, he's at very least friendly and approachable, so even just saying, "I see you here all the time. My name is ___ , what's yours?" will get the ball rolling. You'll be seeing him again and again, so there's no need to "close the deal" like if he was someone you randomly spotted at a nightclub or something. You can take your time getting to know him. And who knows, he might open his mouth and be a total knob, so there's no reason whatsoever to be intimidated by him.

If you can't make eye contact and get a smile, he's either uninterested, unavailable, and unfriendly. And you don't need anyone like that in your life.

Look at it this way... the very worst case scenario is that the guy will feel flattered.

Great advice too. Thanks.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, BUT...

If I am at the gym, I HATE talking to people. I want to get in and get out as efficiently as possible. If you are going to kick it to a guy, just kick it to him, show interest and then back off. Tell him you will chat him up later. In my mind, there is nothing more obvious and kindof annoying than a girl who isnt interested in working out, or who is more interested in trying to be pretty while she is working out.

Also, don't ish where you eat!! You don't want to get with this dude, potentially have something not work out, and then have a gym deterrent. Just workout and get your sweat on. Be a nice person and smile. Look confident and happy to be getting healthy and the guys will come to you.

That's what I was thinking when I originally posted. It's hard to casually strike up a conversation when someone has on headphones or is trying to focus on working out. And the trying to be pretty while she's working out thing isn't me. I'm working my *kitten* off while I'm there. I'm not the "makeup and hair done at the gym" kind of girl.

Thanks for the honest advice. :flowerforyou:

When Im at the gym im there to work my *kitten* off. I dont care about make up i dont care how my hair looks. I'm stinky sweaty and my face is red and blotchy,..i dont think anyone for that matter would want this girl coming towards them lol
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... next time you see me in the gym just come up and say hello... LOL but try to wait until I am done with my workout, maybe at the water fountain.

I bet you do Shannon

Might have to kiss a bruised lip... to make it better of course.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

that was MY idea
    thank-you thank-you *patting myself on ythe back*
    :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

I don't kiss bloody, toothless guys.

:laugh:
  • kimber607
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

[/quote

So picky!
    :wink:
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

don't knock it till you try it.... that or backoff on the arm workout a little bit.
  • Shannon023
    Options

don't knock it till you try it.... that or backoff on the arm workout a little bit.

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ok well whatever you do (or don't do), I'm sure you'd have a better result than a guy trying this on a woman at the gym (99% of the time it just looks creepy)....just sayin

funny thing, even though I'm in my own world when working out, I find talking to people fascinating.....remember, a nice smile and confidence goes a long way.......

and yeah, let us know how it goes
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I bet you do Shannon

Now you tell me. tantrum.gif
  • toots99
    Options
    Oh I know! Wink at a guy when you are on the Yes/No machine. problem solved.

Best advice so far. :bigsmile:
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends on the guy. I have a very low bull**** tolerance. Girls acting innocent, batting eyelashes, acting like 'girls' has never really been my thing. Ladies who say what they mean and know how to be normal people are always more attractive. Knucklehead guys will let you get over on them with a flirty smile and some gibberish talk about, "Oh...how do I ride this bicycle...can you show me?" They like to have their egos stroked and start building fantasies about how much of a man you will make them feel like from day one. Then when you really start to hang out and are a reasonably competent human being, they get thrown off and start looking elsewhere for someone else to blow smoke up their *kitten*.

Don't false pretense it, unless you just want to get down. If all you are looking for is some dirt, then be flirty and goofy and laugh at everything he says and then discard him. If you want something else, trust me.

There was this girl who used to go to the gym I belonged to. I would be doing some elliptical cardio and she would get on the machine next to me with some strong *kitten* perfume just dripping off of her. Then she would start sweating it up on the machine and with the fans blowing, my heavy breathing, and her nasty perfume sweat, I thought I was gonna catch an asthma attack and I dont even have asthma!!!

Whoever in here said they are blotchy and gross and no guy wants that coming near him. I would guess again. A chick who kicks *kitten* KICKS *kitten*!!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Oh please..LOL
    let's no pretend that looks/attraction don't matter
    If the chick at the gym is hot/your type and if she is acting cutesy or reaking of perfume...which I admit is nasty but so be it....
    You are single and u think she's hitting on you..i have a feeling no one would put up a fight or knock her away with an ugly stick...
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am going to second the "Oh Please".... You act like any girl asking you a question is a bimbo!!! Just because someone doesn't know how to use all the different weight machines, or is trying to target a specific area of her body, doesn't mean she is 'acting innocent' or wearing a pound of makeup and perfume!!! There are tons of guys at the gym who know of what kinds of exercises to do for certain muscles. I don't expect them to think that a chick is faking being an idiot because she doesn't know how to work her upper pecs or posterior delts. Or hey, if she is already huge into lifting, maybe she really does need a spotter for those 30 pound dumbells!
  • rgfor40
    rgfor40 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ...so you mean the woman who asked me to leave 2 of the 12 - 45lb plates (yeah thats right!) on the leg press machine was hittin' on me???

i don't think so...
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    ...so you mean the woman who asked me to leave 2 of the 12 - 45lb plates (yeah thats right!) on the leg press machine was hittin' on me???

i don't think so...

She was warning you... she can kick. Stare elsewhere!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well if he's the guy that stares at himself more than anything else there . . . he probably will be to in love with himself to notice you. If he's meat head in the corner talking how big his muscles are and watch me flex over here . . . you'd probably be too bored with any type of conversation on the first date to even bother. But if he's just a cute guy there working out there I'd agree with Taso42 and say he'd be open and smiling for a week after.

That wouldn't be a problem as that would not at ALL be the type of guy I'd be into. :tongue:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just wish i wasn't such a chicken. I'd feel like such a fool if he completely rejected me and I'd still have to see him at the gym everyday. :laugh:
    Don't make it that that big of a deal. If he says no, he says no but you go ANYWAY. You can either keep talking and get to be friends/acquaintances or not. If he chooses to say no and tries to avoid your or something you have to believe that it's HIS loss... and let him know it by how you are going forward. Don't be crushed and all bummed over it - but keep up your self confidence (not to be confused with EGO) and he might come around.

He's just a stepping stone on your path to a new life! Good luck either way.
  • toots99
    Options
    I guess it really depends on the guy. I have a very low bull**** tolerance. Girls acting innocent, batting eyelashes, acting like 'girls' has never really been my thing. Ladies who say what they mean and know how to be normal people are always more attractive. Knucklehead guys will let you get over on them with a flirty smile and some gibberish talk about, "Oh...how do I ride this bicycle...can you show me?" They like to have their egos stroked and start building fantasies about how much of a man you will make them feel like from day one. Then when you really start to hang out and are a reasonably competent human being, they get thrown off and start looking elsewhere for someone else to blow smoke up their *kitten*.

Don't false pretense it, unless you just want to get down. If all you are looking for is some dirt, then be flirty and goofy and laugh at everything he says and then discard him. If you want something else, trust me.

There was this girl who used to go to the gym I belonged to. I would be doing some elliptical cardio and she would get on the machine next to me with some strong *kitten* perfume just dripping off of her. Then she would start sweating it up on the machine and with the fans blowing, my heavy breathing, and her nasty perfume sweat, I thought I was gonna catch an asthma attack and I dont even have asthma!!!

Yeah, that would be the exact opposite of me. I don't do helpless very well. :laugh:
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Yeah, that would be the exact opposite of me. I don't do helpless very well. :laugh:

Good for you, toots.

And to all of you neigh sayers about the bull**** tolerance. Say what you want, I know my own standards and I know what I will and will not deal with. Even in my single days, there are enough interesting females out there and I was not so desperate for a hookup that I would put up with a girl who had no swag or horrible game. You want to act the fool, it's all good, but don't think that you are getting over on me because you are hot. It seems as though women in here believe that all men abide by this double strange double standard whereas attractive mean bed-able. I ask, if some random dude came up to you at the gym and he was cute and on approach he seemed like a complete moron or *kitten* or that he was completely trying to skate on the fact that he was hot, how many of you would give him the time of day and how many would push him off as a knucklehead who wasnt worth a minute?