Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

I don't know why my knees keep swelling. Any ideas? I am sitting her with my LEGS UP NOW BUT ALL DAY I AM ON THEM UP AND DOWN STAIRS. But the thing is I have been walking on stairs and even running a lot too for year. Now all of a sudden... Swollen knees. Maybe I should go to a doctor... my weight goes up and down as much as 4 pounds up and down. It is freaky.

YICKS!! I hate this ... Phyljen:sick:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of giving up my scale! I'm doing great!!! :bigsmile: The number game has now turned into a mind game & I'm making much better choices & working out a little be harder than normal. Still not back to killing it like I did last summer, but that will come!

Sounds like all of you are having some troubles too. Maybe just tweak up your regimin for a few days & see how that goes. Either increase your calories, eat back more of your workout calories, or do a little bit extra in your workouts. I KNOW you can all do this! I'm rooting for you all! :drinker:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Tres1967....the strawberry oatmeal sounds delish, will have try it

phyljen...sorry to hear about your knees, be careful and take it easy....maybe you should see a Dr.

Kelly, glad to see you are resisting the scale you are one brave lady

Hope all is well with everyone else.....had a decent workout today at the Y. burned almost 1000 cal so I'll take it and I feel ready for the 5k on Sat....the weather is supposed to cooperate (it has rained a lot lately so just not having any rain will be a blessing).
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I havn't posted since the begining, but my official weigh in is tomorow and like a lot of others, I have been in a rut this month and havn't lost weight since Feb. 27th. I'm really feeling like tomorow something will have come off! Can't wait to post then! I need to get closer to my goal!! Im shooting for 140 by 3/26 and thats in a little over a week! 4 pounds to go! Really excited for tomorows weigh in! hope Im not dissapointed!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Down to 233.8. I had gone up last week so now back to slightly under start weight for the month.
  • Ralu19
    Ralu19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    March 1 - 152
    March 7 - 153.2
    March 17 - 153.1

Not the best of times for me :frown: I am doing well with training, but not that great with eating. I keep craving carbs and made some bad choices last week. Uffff...plus i feel like i'm getting sick again.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am in for this
  • sevelanne
    sevelanne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Doing well this month - starting weight was 183 - now down to 179 - 1lb to go!!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh in. Another loss!

3/03/2011 - 216
    3/10/2011 - 214
    3/17/2011 - 212.2
    3/24/2011 -
    3/31/2011 -

Total of 3.8 lost so far in March. Yay!

I didn't work out as much as usual in the last 7 days, so I was really surprised to see my loss was as big as it was - I would have been happy with a pound!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    May your kilt be short enough to do a little jig, and long enough to cover your lucky charms, Happy St Patricks Day! :laugh:
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm really loving this challenge... woo hoo!!!:flowerforyou:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :laugh: love it bru:drinker: :drinker: Happy St. Pattricks Day!!

Sorry I haven't posted much all. iv been in a major rut like i always am when I hit this weight! starting to feel like I will never get past it.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    :wink: I figured it would make some smiles!

On a different note, it's been almost 2yrs since I left Home Depot (and had a job in general) and now I'm going back. I had a phone interview last week and just had my in person interview this afternoon. Took my drug test and once they get the results, I'll be a part cashier. Which is what I started as originally, then went to Head Cashier and eventually Flooring and Decor. I left mostly due to the managers (which are all new but one) and a few associates pinning crap on me. Of course I told them when I put my 2weeks notice in it was due to my hubbys' job, which was partially true. So I left on good terms. Problem is working nights and weekends again, after having those free for 2yrs, it's gonna be hard to adjust to again. Enough rambling, hope you all have a good week!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Day 9 without my scale and I caved! However this has helped me regain the confidence I needed to know that what I'm doing is right! I will HOPEFULLY make it to Easter without my scale now!

March 1st: 201.2 lbs
    March 7th: 199.2 lbs
    March 9th: 197.6 lbs
    March 18th: 194.4 lbs 6.8lbs lost in March! :bigsmile:

Phyljen - I hope your knee is doing better!

Tina & Bru good luck on your 5ks tomorrow! I'm gonna be running with you!!!

And Bru - Whoop Whoop on getting back in the employment game! :bigsmile:
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I've also already lost 1.9 lbs. this month, so I think I can lose five total by the 31st!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Sorry I have been a little MIA lately, really trying to get things all ready for my 1st 5k tomorrow, a little nervous and really excited too....there are almost 350 people entered.....WOW, hope I don't collapse in front of someone, HA! Anyhow, promise to get back in the game and start encouraging others again by Monday......Enjoy the weekend all!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Sorry I have been a little MIA lately, really trying to get things all ready for my 1st 5k tomorrow, a little nervous and really excited too....there are almost 350 people entered.....WOW, hope I don't collapse in front of someone, HA! Anyhow, promise to get back in the game and start encouraging others again by Monday......Enjoy the weekend all!!!

You can do it Tina!! :drinker: I have my 5k tomorrow (8a) too! We can do it! My goal is to run it in under 40min, even 39:59 will be good. Let's do it!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey great job everyone. : )

so iv decided my new lowest weight ever that I cannot get past is 151.4 instead of 152 but thats a good thing at least I will lose 1 pound this month hopefully lol.

Im thinking its cause I keep skipping dinner, not because I don't want to eat but because Im so flippin busy lol.

I got a new job which will probably end up being Monday and Tuesdays and my old job will still be weekends as always BUT
    someone who does weekends where my mom works is qutiiing and its sooo much closer to my house so im applying lol. I will get more hours (( full 8 hour shifts rather than the flippin 6 hour shifts I have been getting )) so that will be good. : ) it will still be 3 days a week and 2 at my second job lol cause neither of them are hiring full time I will just have 2 part time jobs haha. well hopefully I get the other new job haha
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Well girls, my eating is still whack. I am having a lot of trouble with it and am struggling to find the motivation to eat well. As cheesy as this sounds, I think I am going to make myself a “vision board”…. something to hang on my wall with pictures that represent all of my health and fitness goals. Maybe I will include my career goals as well. If this happens to be the thing that gets me back on track, I will let all of you know! I am hoping that and getting back to school after spring break will help.

On the bright side, I have fallen in love with racquetball. I hate most exercise, so this was a real surprise for me… but the biggest surprise came when I wore my heart rate monitor for the first time while playing the other day. 875 calories!!! :noway: I was shocked! I could have hit 1000 but my guy was too tired of getting his butt kicked. :laugh: Starting next week, I will be playing 4x a week with swimming afterward 2 of those times. Also, I am running at the track 2 mornings a week with a friend and once a week solo on my treadmill. I feel GREAT physically! I hope my weight catches up with me on this!

Alioth—It’s so great to see you in the 130’s! Once upon a time, you and I were around the same weight. I fell off the wagon big time and am now back up to 157. Seeing all of your hard work and dedication take you into the 130’s is so inspiring, and I would love to be where you are again. Great job!!

Terri—I am probably the same weight now as I was last year as well. It is a little disheartening but I have made A LOT of progress with exercise. I am much more fit and a lot stronger. Also, I am a much skinnier 157 than I used to be. I thought I looked it myself, then I ran into my old roommate (who hadn’t seen me since last time I was 157) and he confirmed. I’ll take it!
    Tres—That oatmeal sounds great! I will definitely try it out this week. Thanks for sharing!

Phyljen—Sorry you are going through this. I think a visit to the doctor is a good idea. Swelling could be an injury, infection, or a million other things. I think a professional opinion would speed up your healing process (and answer the questions you have.) Best of luck to you!

Kelly—It’s great that you are giving up your scale. I bet this would benefit a lot of us, including me, if we followed in your footsteps. I can’t go cold turkey on mine but I WILL vow to weigh myself only once every 2 weeks. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tina—Good luck on your 5k!! WOOHOO! Can’t wait to read about it!

Jenn—How is the wedding planning going?
  • timbotina
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the 5k...I am already excited yet nervous....my hearts a beatin" (thank heavens or I'd be a gonner, HA!!) anyhoo, good luck to Bru, Kelly and anyone else running a 5k today...we are strong ladies and can do this,

THanks again for all your support guys, couldn't do this without you guys....

Enjoy the weekend!!