Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, off to spend the day helping the PTO with an event at school so I get to spend the day with my son....hope to get some sort of workout in tonight....have a GREAT day all!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yes I am still around. Life is a giant snowball going downhill. I just don't seem to have time to get in everything I want to get done. I got in a couple bike rides this past week and a 2 mile run so not the everyday I used to get in. Not sure where all my time seems to be going but not getting my workouts in like I want to.

That being said

March 1 starting weight 179.
    March 8 weight 177.5 keep going.
    March 15 weight 177.4 down a .1 not great but its going the right way
    March 22 weight 178.4

Back up a pound. I am not surprised by this because along with being on the go and busy all the time my eating has suffered a bit .

I personally think it is spring fever. The snow pretty much melted last week and now it is raining and it is going to turn to snow and were supposed to get a couple of inches of the white stuff by Wednesday. I want to get out and play in the yard and run around the neighborhood.

Congrats to those who ran 5ks over the weekend.

Have a great day.

Terri
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Woooo 3lb down this week yay
    SW 154
    W1 153
    W2 154
    W3 151
    GW 149
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    March 2 - 145.1lbs
    March 9 - 142lbs
    March 16 - 140.9lbs
    March 23 - 139.8lbs

Upped my calories AGAIN so hopefully it doesn't backfire.
    Started March @ 1200 then went to 1310 and now @ 1560....sounds scary but time will tell.

Good Luck all and great job so far! :flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bjshooter and Kickrz !! WOW I am impressed you are b oth doing so good. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    I just got back from a night swim, I am going to sleep great tonight.
    Phyljen
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all...hope you had a great hump day...had a busy day at work...didn't even get my walk in at lunch....heading to the YMCA tomorrow if it kills me.....
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Still holding at 234.2 and a little frustrated
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Here I am, with my tail between my legs...

I've had a terrible few weeks, and haven't been posting. Overworked, Stressed, Overeating, Underexercising. However, I decided today was the end of it. I checked my home scale today, and surprisingly I was still at 152. I had a high protein breakfast, and plan on going to the gym today. I am scared to attempt my next C25k workout, which is W8D1: 28 min run. So, I might go easier on myself, and allow a few walking breaks if needed.

Sounds like my 5 lb friends are doing great! Congrats to all the 5k'ers. I may do one on April 17th, as a warm up for my 10k in May.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Crappy week, food and exercise-wise. I told myself I was going to work out, and then I didn't. I got spoiled iwth the nice weather we were having - I was able to walk outside like four or five days in a row, and then it got cold and wet again and I didn't get back to my indoor workouts.

Still, I'm down 2/10 of a pound instead of up, and I have one more pound to lose before the end of the month, so I'm really going to stay focused this week as we close out March.

3/03/2011 - 216
    3/10/2011 - 214
    3/17/2011 - 212.2
    3/24/2011 – 212.0
    3/31/2011 -
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I haven't been doing a good job of staying away from the scale. I peeked this morning, and it reminded me why I need to stay away!! When I don't see the number I want to see, I think I MUST be doing something wrong. I start thinking of changes I need to make--- fewer carbs, less calories, more exercise. Before I know it, my net calories are in the negatiive! I have lost weight very quickly in the past doing that but have always gained it right back.

NOW I need to just keep doing what I am doing.... a balanced diet and exercise. I feel great about it, but that scale trips me up every time. I think I am going to have my boyfriend hide it somewhere and only bring it out every 2 weeks for me to weigh in.

Kelly--- I bet your family is really excited to see you, too! I am sure they will be impressed with your progress. Thanks for the no scale idea! I think it will really help me focus on what I need to do and eliminate a lot of stress in my life!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options

I've had a terrible few weeks, and haven't been posting. Overworked, Stressed, Overeating, Underexercising. However, I decided today was the end of it. I checked my home scale today, and surprisingly I was still at 152. I had a high protein breakfast, and plan on going to the gym today. I am scared to attempt my next C25k workout, which is W8D1: 28 min run. So, I might go easier on myself, and allow a few walking breaks if needed.

Sounds like my 5 lb friends are doing great! Congrats to all the 5k'ers. I may do one on April 17th, as a warm up for my 10k in May.

Welcome back! Let us know how W8D1 goes!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Donna - don't jump into week 8 - go back & do week 7 again. I'm sure that will help you out so that you CAN do that full 28 min run next week. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Options
    I haven't been doing a good job of staying away from the scale. I peeked this morning, and it reminded me why I need to stay away!! When I don't see the number I want to see, I think I MUST be doing something wrong. I start thinking of changes I need to make--- fewer carbs, less calories, more exercise. Before I know it, my net calories are in the negatiive! I have lost weight very quickly in the past doing that but have always gained it right back.

NOW I need to just keep doing what I am doing.... a balanced diet and exercise. I feel great about it, but that scale trips me up every time. I think I am going to have my boyfriend hide it somewhere and only bring it out every 2 weeks for me to weigh in.

Kelly--- I bet your family is really excited to see you, too! I am sure they will be impressed with your progress. Thanks for the no scale idea! I think it will really help me focus on what I need to do and eliminate a lot of stress in my life!

Yes Amanda - you know what to do, but don't get your mind set that you will gain it right back. Remember this is your new lifestyle, so once you lose, you will keep it off! :flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Did an hour night swim again tonight. It was great. I was about the only one in the pool but I just kept swimming back and forth.
    I am exhausted now. munching pop corn and should just go to bed. Love the week end. Phyljen::flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Thanks for the support, Kelly!

Phyljen-- Do you like swimming for exercise? We have an olympic-sized pool at the rec center at school, and I have been thinking about doing that a couple times a week. I think it would feel great on my bones and joints compared to running.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok, my tail is wagging happily now.

I had a great day food-wise. No junk! Plus I had a great workout. Instead of running the target 28 minutes, I ran 35 minutes so that I could finish a full 5k! I did the 5k in 40:10 on the treadmill, which included my 5 minutes warmup. :bigsmile:

I think I can officially say "I'm baaaack!!!" :laugh:
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    starting weight 3/1: 184.4 pounds
    3/8 - 180.2 - wow! what a week - this is after a plateau so I'm guessing it's not typical
    3/15 - 177.6 :happy:
    3/22 - 175.4 :smile:
    3/29 -

Totally forgot to log my weight this week on this post! Everyone is doing great - keep up the great work
  • Kassondrab
    Options
    success!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Ok, my tail is wagging happily now.

I had a great day food-wise. No junk! Plus I had a great workout. Instead of running the target 28 minutes, I ran 35 minutes so that I could finish a full 5k! I did the 5k in 40:10 on the treadmill, which included my 5 minutes warmup. :bigsmile:

I think I can officially say "I'm baaaack!!!" :laugh:

SO PROUD OF YOU DONNA!!!! :bigsmile:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Great job, Donna!

I found something great to keep me motivated with exercising. I got the idea from somebody on MFP. I found a website that lets you customize a calendar and type whatever you want into the days--- I am using it to schedule my workouts. It is neat because I can see where I will be by the end of April if I stick with it, and it also motivates me because I am Type A.... and we Type A's love a good checklist (Can I get a HECK YEAH from the other Type A's out there?) Anyways, I figured I would share the idea because I love it so much and am so excited to check off my workout for tomorrow!

On another note, I completely slipped on my diet just now. :grumble: I have been doing really well lately and haven't even had cravings. All week I have been thinking, "This is it! I have finally reached a place where I eat to live instead of live to eat, and food is not a big deal for me." Now here I am, post-binge, and I am pretty disappointed with myself. I know you guys will tell me to shake it off, and that's exactly what I am going to do---- maybe food isn't such a big deal to me now? I hope so!

Best of luck to everyone over the weekend. Do your best to stay on track, and kick butt as always!