Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to get back with the link for April so here it is

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/203885-lose-5-pounds-a-month-april-2011-challenge

Hope to see you there!

Terri

Just got back from walk around the block. The sun is shining and it was a beautiful 30 degrees.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    3/1 152
    3/8 153
    3/15 153
    3/22 154
    3/29 151

so overall only a loss of 1 :devil:

As you can see I had a CraZy month! I was sick for 9 days out of the month and have ended on a good eating habit but bad exercise habit... I weigh in everyday and a couple days ago I got down to 149 but came back up..
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    3/1 152
    3/8 153
    3/15 153
    3/22 154
    3/29 151

As you can see I had a CraZy month! I was sick for 9 days out of the month and have ended on a good eating habit but bad exercise habit... I weigh in everyday and a couple days ago I got down to 149 but came back up..
    Oh I hate when that happens. I was seeing the 13's and then suddenly I got back in the 140's and i want to puke. But I am working really hard to get out of the 40's again and stay in the 30's for a while so I can eventually see the 20's. It has been a long time since I saw a 120anything on my scales. Probably at least 30 years to be exact!!!
    I am waiting a week to step foot on the scales now though and I hope to see some 130ish numbers when I do. 139.8 would be a pretty sight.!!!:laugh:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, had a GREAT run today....had never run longer than a 5k until today....ran a little over 6 miles, felt REALLY GREAT!!! Hope you all are doing ok, see you on the next thread....I know I won't make the 5lbs but I will wait til the 1st to weigh in (April 2nd is my 1yr anniversary of living healthy, can't wait to look back- maybe I'll post something)....
  • phyljen
    Options
    Afternoon all, had a GREAT run today....had never run longer than a 5k until today....ran a little over 6 miles, felt REALLY GREAT!!! Hope you all are doing ok, see you on the next thread....I know I won't make the 5lbs but I will wait til the 1st to weigh in (April 2nd is my 1yr anniversary of living healthy, can't wait to look back- maybe I'll post something)....
    You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work. Phyljen:wink:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW 154
    W1 153
    W2 154
    W3 151
    W4 149
    GW 149

Wooo hooo spot on :D
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    SW: 209.2
    GW: 204.2
    CW: 202.8

I made it!! (plus a few more :) ) Still striving forward though - hopefully I can make it to 8 lbs lost by the 31st :)

NSV - I turned down two sweets I like to indulge in yesterday - frosted cupcakes my prof offered to the class, and a cheese danish at work. I especially love cheese danishes, and actually set one aside for myself, but at the last minute decided I wasn't willing to give up my calories for it! Yay for willpower!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am sooo sooo sorry I have been verry verry MIA Lately!!

March is a bust. I didn't gain, I didn't lose. Im stuck at 152 and I swear this weight point is absolutely evil. I hate it i hate it i hate it!!!!
    I cannot express how much I hate this weight because in 6 years I have not been able to get under it. the official 6 year mark is in may and I was hoping to be under by the end of last year and upped my goal to at least being under by may and I only have 1 month left and I dont' see myself getting under. Im totally in self sabotage mode, I haven't been exercising or anything it sucks sooo bad.

ugh sorry anyways guys I have been super super busy so I haven't read up in over a week on how this challenge is going but I will most likely read up really soon : )
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    Forgot to post my updates from last Thursday... I am so falling behind with the kids baseball...

5lb a month challenge SW:195 on 3/1/11 CW:188.8~~~Total 7.5lbs for March so far
    3/10/11= 192.3~~~~~3/17/11= (188.8)~~~~~ 3/24/11= (187.5)~~~~~3/31/11= (???)
  • phyljen
    Options
    Forgot to post my updates from last Thursday... I am so falling behind with the kids baseball...

5lb a month challenge SW:195 on 3/1/11 CW:188.8~~~Total 7.5lbs for March so far
    3/10/11= 192.3~~~~~3/17/11= (188.8)~~~~~ 3/24/11= (187.5)~~~~~3/31/11= (???)
    YOU ARE ROCKIN! Keep up the good work. Phyljen:flowerforyou:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    March 2 - 145.1lbs
    March 9 - 142lbs
    March 16 - 140.9lbs
    March 23 - 139.8lbs
    March 30 - 139.3lbs

Total March loss.....5.8lbs!

I normally weigh on my Wii because my bathroom scale always gives me many different readings within a short time, however I replaced the batteries and it seems to always give the same. It says 138.6 and for the last 4 days has said 138.8 so I would LOVE to record that loss but will have to stick with the WIi since that is where I began.

Great job everyone and not sure I will join next month as I think 5lbs a month is not really doable for me anymore!
    Good Luck and again great job in March :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options

WHOA! That's a whole lot of progress!! Way to go!!! And yes, PLEASE do post something for your 1 year anniversary so we can all celebrate those accomplishments with you.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Ok so I am sooo sooo sorry I have been verry verry MIA Lately!!

March is a bust. I didn't gain, I didn't lose. Im stuck at 152 and I swear this weight point is absolutely evil. I hate it i hate it i hate it!!!!
    I cannot express how much I hate this weight because in 6 years I have not been able to get under it. the official 6 year mark is in may and I was hoping to be under by the end of last year and upped my goal to at least being under by may and I only have 1 month left and I dont' see myself getting under. Im totally in self sabotage mode, I haven't been exercising or anything it sucks sooo bad.

ugh sorry anyways guys I have been super super busy so I haven't read up in over a week on how this challenge is going but I will most likely read up really soon : )

YES, I swear.... when we hit that wall over a certain number, it is totally self sabotage! Why do we choke when we are about to hit a new low?? It is so insane!

Do yourself a favor, and let the mental junk go! Blow past that 152. I choked at 148 (oh so many times) and now I am back up to 158. :grumble: Take the power away from 152!!!
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who made it! :flowerforyou:

I'm definitely not going to - still at 132.5 lbs. today and I was aiming for 130 lbs. which isn't gonna happen in two days, so I only ended up half way there. :frown: Oh well, there's always April!

:heart: -- Juliet
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    3/1 152
    3/8 153
    3/15 153
    3/22 154
    3/29 151

Oh I hate when that happens. I was seeing the 13's and then suddenly I got back in the 140's and i want to puke. But I am working really hard to get out of the 40's again and stay in the 30's for a while so I can eventually see the 20's. It has been a long time since I saw a 120anything on my scales. Probably at least 30 years to be exact!!!
    I am waiting a week to step foot on the scales now though and I hope to see some 130ish numbers when I do. 139.8 would be a pretty sight.!!!:laugh:

I'm sure you will get there, Phyljen! And we will all be cheering & dancing when you hit the 120s! :bigsmile:
  • kintegra
    Options

Holy moly Tina!! I hope I can get there someday! I have a 7 mile run the end of July so I gotta get a move on! I'm still doing my 5ks on the treadmill almost every week - sometimes 10 days, but still doing them. I need to start doing the Gateway to 8K so I can increase my time a bit, hopefully! I have my first official 5k of the season on April 10th! Can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • phyljen
    Options

Holy moly Tina!! I hope I can get there someday! I have a 7 mile run the end of July so I gotta get a move on! I'm still doing my 5ks on the treadmill almost every week - sometimes 10 days, but still doing them. I need to start doing the Gateway to 8K so I can increase my time a bit, hopefully! I have my first official 5k of the season on April 10th! Can't wait! :bigsmile:
    Just got back from my book club/dinner club and want to report that I skipped the home made chocolate cake! I didn't even feel bad about it. All the other food was great. We had smoked Salmon. Now to check on how many calories smoked salmon actually is.
    Lucky you being in a 5 K on April 10th. Good Girl! I hope that by summer my knee will allow e to run the 5 or 10 K on the 4th of July. That one is always a fun race.
    To bed for me now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • kintegra
    Options

Just got back from my book club/dinner club and want to report that I skipped the home made chocolate cake! I didn't even feel bad about it. All the other food was great. We had smoked Salmon. Now to check on how many calories smoked salmon actually is.
    Lucky you being in a 5 K on April 10th. Good Girl! I hope that by summer my knee will allow e to run the 5 or 10 K on the 4th of July. That one is always a fun race.
    To bed for me now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hope your knee is better for you by then. I'm sure all that swimming is definitely helping by giving it a much needed break. Have a wonderful night, Phyljen! :yawn:
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    starting weight 3/1: 184.4 pounds
    3/8 - 180.2 - wow! what a week - this is after a plateau so I'm guessing it's not typical
    3/15 - 177.6 :happy:
    3/22 - 175.4 :smile:
    3/29 - 175 :ohwell:

i really can't be too upset about this week with my overall month being at a loss of 9.4lbs but I was hoping for a stronger finish. You guys keep me motivated. Good Work!!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kel, I'm sure you'll do great on your 5 and 8k's , you are part of the reason I thought I could do one and did complete it.....you really inspire me

Phyljen--great job on passing up the cake, I think that is harder than running, HA!!!!!

Zucena- hope it calms down for you some but CONGRATS on the great loss

lisamflick, don't be disappointed 9.4lbs is AWESOME

Amanda, thanks for the encouragement I am trying to get some pics ready so I can post on my anniversary, thanks!

Hope you all had a great hump day, talk to you all tomorrow