Lose 5+ pounds in March? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Here is the first table. Please send me a message if your details are missing or incorrect - but check your original posting as some start weights and goals were missing.
    I really hope that everyone sticks with this. Last month our group went from 100 to 27 BUT the final 27 lost 121 pounds. This month we are starting at 95 and if we all stick with it and meet our goals we will lose 517 pounds between us. Can you imagine that as a group we will be 517 pounds lighter?

Anyway, here is the table (sorry it is small but there are a lot of us!)

March-2011-Group-Weigh-in.jpg

Good luck!!!!

We can do it peeps!!! 95! Check in please! You do not have to be perfect. If you don't lose weight still check in. You have nothing to be ashamed of. If you fall get right back up! Successful people are those who never give up and get back up each time they fall.

Think about the baby learning to walk. Each time the fall down they get up, until they learn who to walk. We have to do that with weight loss. We are not going to be perfect but that does not mean we can not lose weight. That is why many drop off because they want perfection. Perfection is not possible. Later on I am going to post a link to a thread I posted last month. We can do this with out being perfect! So please check in weekly. Even if you gained. Also check in with any accomplishments, struggles, challenges, etc you want to share. That way we can all encourage one another with the ups and downs of losing weight.

We can do this! It would be wonderful if we have a least 70 percent of you all check in every single week! We lost a boat load of peeps last month.....:-( Hopefully March will be different. I only lost 1 pound last month and I am back! Even if I only lose another pound this month I will be checking in. I checked in when I gained and lost. Guess what I can not give up on myself! I hope you do the same!

Have a good week everyone!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!! can u make one exception please??? xxx

Screen name: xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Goal for March 31st:196
    March1st (starting weight): 204.6
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options

We can do it peeps!!! 95! Check in please! You do not have to be perfect. If you don't lose weight still check in. You have nothing to be ashamed of. If you fall get right back up! Successful people are those who never give up and get back up each time they fall.

Think about the baby learning to walk. Each time the fall down they get up, until they learn who to walk. We have to do that with weight loss. We are not going to be perfect but that does not mean we can not lose weight. That is why many drop off because they want perfection. Perfection is not possible. Later on I am going to post a link to a thread I posted last month. We can do this with out being perfect! So please check in weekly. Even if you gained. Also check in with any accomplishments, struggles, challenges, etc you want to share. That way we can all encourage one another with the ups and downs of losing weight.

We can do this! It would be wonderful if we have a least 70 percent of you all check in every single week! We lost a boat load of peeps last month.....:-( Hopefully March will be different. I only lost 1 pound last month and I am back! Even if I only lose another pound this month I will be checking in. I checked in when I gained and lost. Guess what I can not give up on myself! I hope you do the same!

Thanks for this!

It's true what you say about wanting perfection. I am not sure why/how can go all this time being totally overweight and not caring and then losing weight but somehow finding it not good enough..

I know as I get closer to my goal I'm finding It hard/frustrating..I will still be checking ine ach Tuesday regardless of the ups and downs. Best of luck toe veryone. we can do this!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Here is the link I promised and I am re-posting it this month. Consistency is key, not perfection! Have a wonderful day all!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/180791-you-don-t-have-to-be-perfect-to-lose-weight
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did 20 minutes of cardio yesterday, its not the 30 we were challenged to do, but it was a step up from my not doing any at all! Long day at work today but hoping to get on my machine on my break between jobs (!!!!) I'm excited for all of us and glad to have a group of 95 to keep me accountable!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Hump day everyone!

Just stopping by quickly to post an inspiration. Do you have a hard time accepting a compliment? If so read below.

Daily Inspiration for March 2, 2011
    Katie Jay, MSW

Recognize your worthiness.

There are those of us who think we are not worthy of success. We cannot accept prosperity. But how happy are you when you see an underdog succeed? How genuine is your praise of other people who have struggled to reach a goal?

The joy you feel for another person is the same as the joy someone feels for you when you reach your goals. Accept praise with joy and gratitude. Don't say, "It was nothing." You are worthy of praise and you have earned it. You only diminish the joy of others when you dismiss their praise of you. The rewards of your work are not just the numbers on the scale or your pants size, but also the respect and recognition you get from friends and family.

Action for the day: Allow people to share their joy for you. It is a gift you can give them that will lift you up, too.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed yesterday kind of a hectic day. Hopefully I can still participate in the challenge. Good luck everyone!

Screen name: usmcwifeb15
    Goal for March 31st: 149
    March1st (starting weight): 154.2
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @mollie1037: Thanks for putting together the spreadsheet! That's a lot of work.
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Well said Mollie! Everyone - stick with it even if it gets hard!

Thanks also for all the kind comments. It takes ages to put the table together (about 2 hours for this one) but it is so worth it when everyone is as committed as you guys.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow... thanks for your time in putting together the table. Thats gonna be awesome to see everyone's progress.

I'm doing great so far this week... need to get my exercise in though. I've been having constant dizziness for the past 4 days so forgive me when I'm not up to going for a dizzy walk. lol. In all seriousness though, some of you are my friends here - slap me if I forget to check in on tuesdays. And if your not my friend here, why haven't you added me yet? :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Good luck everyone! 500 lbs lost as a group would be amazing!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Today has been one heck of a day. Both of my kids have been extremely cranky. My one year old is now passed out in the middle of the living room floor. She's such a light sleeper that I know if I move her, she'll wake up even more cranky, so I gotta just wait to exercise. :( My 2 year old has just been a nightmare all morning. Acting out like crazy and just being the complete stereotype of "terrible two". I think we all just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I've been feeling sick all day too. Just completely exhausted and my entire body hurts. Probably from eating total crap yesterday. I don't know what got into me. I ate thai food for lunch, and it wasn't even a problem for my calorie count, but then I just said "screw it" and ate ate ate the rest of the day.

Just emotional eating for sure. Discouraged with my husband's situation (read my profile if you don't know), frustrated with life, and just used food to help that--but feel guilty instead. Lame.

Oh well, today is a new day and I'm doing good so far. Now to just force myself to exercise. I am midway through month 2 of INSANITY and I think that my body is just fed up of it. I did month 1 for so long (5 months), that I think my body is just tired of that kind of exercise. I was reading about our bodies getting used to the the same movements, and although month 2 is definitely harder, it's still the same kind of stuff. So I'm quitting early (will do the program again in a few months) and am gonna do a combo of kettlebells, Jillian Michaels, and Zumba. Hoping that the change in pace will change the scale and my mood.

Anyways...enough blabbering on. Thanks for listening. ;)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    @mollie1037: Thanks for putting together the spreadsheet! That's a lot of work.

Oh my!! :laugh: You mean TY4T!
  • boozybirdtracy
    Options
    :wink: Hi did sign up on monday but didnt get online yesterday so just filling in my stats

Screen name: Boozybirdtracy
    Goal for March 31st: 7lbs loss
    March1st (starting weight): 253lbs
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st

tracy xx:tongue:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    @Nayda - Hang in there. Hope your hubby gets his Visa straightened out soon! Chin up and this too shall pass.

I had to take a rest day today on the workouts--so I am already out of the challenge but I will post exercise daily anyways.

In February I worked out 26 days 27 times in a 28 day month! I had to rest these old bones. I did workout yesterday for 35 minutes. I hope to go to gym the next 2 days and do DVD's until weigh in on Tuesday.
  • cwold1228
    cwold1228 Posts: 12
    Options
    Was having a very hard day yesterday. Working with kids all day can play a toll on you, but also strep has been going around. I was out with the bug so getting in 30 minutes of cardio was just not going to happen. I tried to make up for it today by walking a 5k. I did it in 60 minutes. Hopefully that soon turns into running a 5k in 30 minutes, but...small steps.

Hoping to not get frustrated as time goes on and lose motivation again. That seems to be a common theme with me. Having a challenge to be responsible for though seems to be helping. I like having people in the same situation as me help hold em accountable!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Please post your weight as follows:
    Screen name: theflyingartist
    Goal for March 31st: 4 pounds
    March1st (starting weight): 131.9
    March 8th: 131.0
    March 15th: 130.5
    March 22nd: 129.5
    March 29th: 129.0
    March 31st: 128.0

Who is up for getting fit for the summer????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHH! ME!!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have gotten my extra 30 minutes of cardio for today plus some. I feel great but we shall see what tomorrow brings :laugh:
  • Time4me2003
    Options
    Just finished my extra 30 minutes:)!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Dang I missed the post wish you guys well this month I still plan on making this my biggest mnth ever. I will come back in and check on you guys even though I didn't make the list!!!

Make it a great month everyone!!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Got 45 minutes of cardio is which is 45 minutes more than I would normally do on Wednesday nights since I don't get out of class until 8:30. Pretty proud of myself and glad to see everyone working so hard!!!