Lose 5+ pounds in March? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Can I just brag for a minute?

My HRM came in the mail today, so I was able to finally get an accurate read on my calorie burn. Combine that with doing my Jilian Michael's No More Trouble Zones and Zumba Live Party (54 minutes of pure cardio), and I found out that I BURNED today!

I burned a total of 1220 calories!!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

My HRM came in the mail today, so I was able to finally get an accurate read on my calorie burn. Combine that with doing my Jilian Michael's No More Trouble Zones and Zumba Live Party (54 minutes of pure cardio), and I found out that I BURNED today!

BURN BRENDA BURN!

Amazing...that'll get you up and moving first thing 2mrw morning!
    I love Zumba, too! great workout today :)

mj
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Finished my extra 30 minutes of cardio for today.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I did 46 min cardio today! Have a good day all!! Get those workouts in!!:flowerforyou: Wiggle and Jiggle what you can!:bigsmile:

@Nayda - Congrats on new HRM and awesome work!!!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i was able to do the level 1 shred twice yesterday to make up for missing it in the morning!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Screen name: GOLDK
    Goal for March 31st: anything lower than 185.6:bigsmile:
    March1st (starting weight): 185.6
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

IF YOU POST YOUR START WEIGHT AFTER THIS POST YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED ON THE TABLE.

I don't mind not being listed on the table but I would still like to be part of the group\challenge :smile:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    legs sore today...did 20min of P90 last night, first time i did it in a year. Would have done the entire session but my two year old had other plans for me :tongue:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello all!

Ok since I am really struggling right now with food intake and I love tickers. I decided to change my exercise ticker to food instead because exercise is not an issue for me. It is part of my lifestyle now and has been for some time now since I gotten back on track last March. It was so much easier for me to get back into the routine of moving my body with limitations. I guess when you force yourself to get around at 500+ pounds for years; it was not as hard to force myself to exercise over the years--even prior to WLS.

So now I have to do something for the food end to keep me motivated. That is what I am focusing on this month. Food issues and the mind issues that go with food issues:frown:

So the ticker queen that I have decided to count publically how many days I can keep my calories under 2000. I have been doing this since November and I have yet to get over 8 times within the month under 2000 calories.:grumble: My goal is 23 but anything between 12 and 20 will suffice for March. Since I am a person not into perfection anymore I will take what I can get. One day at a time.:happy:
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yay! I fit my 30 minutes in yesterday before my second job as planned! And it felt extra amazing to know I worked a full day and instead of taking small nap before my night job I ate a small (healthy) snack and worked out instead!
    Hoping I can do the same today!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Running just a hint late for this but...

Screen name: kcthatsme
    Goal for March 31st: 171.6
    March1st (starting weight): 176.6
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Who is up for getting fit for the summer????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely ME!! It's HOT in the summer where I've recently moved (Phoenix area) and I'd like to look decent in summer skirts and feminine t-shirts. P.S. This is the first challenge I've entered. :-)

DARN!! I just realized I missed the list. :-( Those of you who wish to, would you please pencil me into yours? I'd really like to be a part of this. Even though I'm not on the official list, I'm still going to weigh in and participate. Good luck to all of us!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Running just a hint late for this but...

Screen name: kcthatsme
    Goal for March 31st: 171.6
    March1st (starting weight): 176.6
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Who is up for getting fit for the summer????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely ME!! It's HOT in the summer where I've recently moved (Phoenix area) and I'd like to look decent in summer skirts and feminine t-shirts. P.S. This is the first challenge I've entered. :-)

Its good to see another desert dweller on MFP. I'm from Phoenix too - born & raised. It really is so hot in the summers, its miserable.... unless you're in the pool. lol Bikini body here we come!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

WOW... Good for you!! I am seriously going to get a HRM soon.
  • Danoodle
    Danoodle Posts: 30
    Options

IF YOU POST YOUR START WEIGHT AFTER THIS POST YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED ON THE TABLE.

I don't mind not being listed on the table but I would still like to be part of the group\challenge :smile:

YES! you should definitely still participate =) just keep track of your weigh-ins on your own but take part in the challenge and feel free to post updates on how it's going! This group is all about supporting each other's goals!

cheers!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options

Yeah it was quite the eye opener. I thought I had been burning only around 350 cal during Zumba, so it was nice ot see that I'm burning a lot more. Really motivates me to push harder too. :)

But, now I have a problem eating back those exercise cals--seems like SO much!
  • Danoodle
    Danoodle Posts: 30
    Options
    Mollie1037 - that sounds like a brave idea! i think that when we hold ourselves accountable it can be more motivating...I like your ability to try new creative solutions.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Yeah it was quite the eye opener. I thought I had been burning only around 350 cal during Zumba, so it was nice ot see that I'm burning a lot more. Really motivates me to push harder too. :)

But, now I have a problem eating back those exercise cals--seems like SO much!

Nayda, why are you going to eat back the calories?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mollie1037 - that sounds like a brave idea! i think that when we hold ourselves accountable it can be more motivating...I like your ability to try new creative solutions.

thanks!! I just hope it works for me. Just like with the challenge I hope going public helps me stay accountable to myself.
  • randomegz
    Options
    I'm totally in! this sounds like just what i need, Im startin a little late but i have my numbers to fill in for the first weigh in!
    Screen name: Randomegz
    Goal for March 31st: to be at 177
    March1st (starting weight): 185
    March 8th:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • randomegz
    Options

YES! you should definitely still participate =) just keep track of your weigh-ins on your own but take part in the challenge and feel free to post updates on how it's going! This group is all about supporting each other's goals!

cheers!
    sorry didn't see this right away but i'm going to do the same thing thanks!