oatmeal...other ways to eat it without butter and sugar

Options
I love oatmeal but the only good way I know to eat it is with sugar and butter. I know that both of these are unhealthy. So I was wondering if any of you had any healthy suggestions to add to oatmeal to add flavor. I know of people who eat it plain but I like some sort of flavor to it. So if any one has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you could add cinnamon and/or nutmeg for flavor.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    I like adding splenda, some skim milk, some bananas in it
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    peanut butter <3<3<3
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have to add a little brown sugar to my oatmeal too! Sometimes I add in some walnuts, raisins or cinnamon too.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I mix in a tbsp of lowfat sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter with a small banana....very filling!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    ginger + apple or ginger + pear :laugh: :wink:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife loves it with syrup, probably not the healthiest either, but I suppose it depends on the kind of syrup you get.
  • chickenlittle
    Options
    I love my with raisins, cinnamon and a little bit of honey!!! YUMMY!!!!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i eat my porrige (sure its the same as oatmeal) with a teaspoon of honey on it. I also make mine with milk rather than water as I reckon i need the calcium
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is super yummy with peanut butter in it. Also berries, apples, or bananas. Cinnamon is yummy. I mix my oatmeal with Lean Dessert Protein in Cinnamon Roll flavor. Best prewrokout meal ever..
    Ah I want some oatmeal now haha. :flowerforyou:
  • tinyvampfarie
    Options
    honey, a teaspoon of light brown sugar, cinammon, berries, fruits and/or chocolate almond milk. lots of ideas for oatmeal!
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and bananas added.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I put a tbsp of raw honey in a cup of steel cut oats. yummy!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I like mine with either cinnamon and nutmeg or mashed bananas or berries.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I have to add a little brown sugar to my oatmeal too! Sometimes I add in some walnuts, raisins or cinnamon too.

i use brown sugar too, but i also like to put fruit in it sometimes, like berries or something. i like the idea of putting nutmeg and cinnamon!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What kind of oatmeal does everyone eat??
  • JesaGrace
    Options
    What kind of oatmeal does everyone eat?
  • JesaGrace
    Options
    What kind of oatmeal does everyone eat?
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    2 spelendas,bananas,raisins,and cinnamon is my fave yum!and make it with water and i make mine like really thick and put just a little skim milk on top like less than 1/4 of a cup
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I put it on top of yogurt. I have also ground it up in my blender and used it as flour in pizza dough, usually about 1 cup of the 3 cups of flour I would usually use. I love oatmeal too. Also, you can make homemade granola, very good.