Daily Check In - MARCH

Options

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - Over... :ohwell: I have a little more than 250 to make up!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Took the walk which was wonderful on our sunny day, just doesn't add up to as many calories as the elliptical!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Between having a coffee time guests, the family over for a delicious Nasi Goreng dinner (Indonesian) and feeding 8 Concert Band guests a late supper not getting toooo out of line.
    What would I have done differently? One less treat with coffee and a little less Nasi would probably have done the trick!
    What is today's personal goals? Stay 200+ under calorie limit, DID the elliptical, and do another physical activity.
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise (Counting my walk as another 1/2 day of exercise)
    We did have another good week didn't we!! :drinker:

I agree with the walking vs. elliptical but some days it's nice just to get some fresh air and sun :flowerforyou:

Yes. A great week :drinker: 6 days of exercise and I believe only one day over my 1420 calories :drinker: :drinker:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes but over on sodium
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? checked in, tracked my calories and went for a walk
    What would I have done differently? should have went for a longer walk
    What is today's personal goals? maybe go for a walk , track calories and stay UNDER!!!
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 6/7 days of exercise (last week)
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - Definitely made up on the calories I went over on Friday! :happy:
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Got it done!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Made up the difference for my overage on Fri.
    What would I have done differently? Earlier to bed again dagnabit! :grumble:
    What is today's personal goals? Easy on the Sunday snacking! And early to bed!
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise (Counting my walk as another 1/2 day of exercise)

Now to just start out well again. Sunday can be hard for snackin'!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - Borrowed calories from my Saturday savings bank, but stayed under for the week!:love:
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Actually lack sleep from laying in bed and NOT sleeping!! :noway: What's up with that!! Hope this is not a new pre-meno phase!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Managed to stay close on my calories on a snacking and no exercise day!
    What would I have done differently? Got out and walked!
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and stay under on calories - It is working after all!
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -0/5 days of exercise

Monday weigh-in 136.9 !!!!:drinker: :drinker: Down another 1.5 lbs. Really wasn't expecting THAT much. Yahoo!!

Now to keep this going on! LET'S DO IT!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No - over about 200+
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? checked in and tracked my calories
    What would I have done differently? go easy on the nachos :bigsmile:
    What is today's personal goals? elliptical\weights , track calories and stay UNDER!!!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise I did get some walking in yesterday but it wasn't exercise walking... it was strolling walking... lol... :yawn:

Ready for another great week - off to the Y now... 2 more months until VEGAS!!!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Actually lack sleep from laying in bed and NOT sleeping!! :noway: What's up with that!! Hope this is not a new pre-meno phase!

My daughter could not get to sleep last night - I wonder if it has something to do with the time change over the weekend. :yawn:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? kind of got back on track last night after a really bad lunch
    What would I have done differently? not eaten so much at lunch
    What is today's personal goals? track calories and follow my nutrition plan
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise (last week)
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - I did
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Yes! :happy: (kind of impressed with myself and you Goldk, that we are sticking with this SO well!)
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Had a good day, had a nice small glass of wine before bed and slept well!! G uess I can't take credit for sleeping!!
    What would I have done differently? It was a good day
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and stay under on calories
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -2/5 days of exercise

:flowerforyou: ltspaul Good exercise last week!!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? checked in, tracked my calories and stayed under
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? elliptical\weights (DONE) , track calories and stay UNDER!!!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - Over by about 300!:grumble:
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Well, no.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got a lot done
    What would I have done differently? Snacked less so the steak dinner and wine would not have put me over.
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and stay under on calories
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals?exactly 0 calories left!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? ate very lightly at night to make up for too many cals during the day
    What would I have done differently? my lunch wasn't the best
    What is today's personal goals? stay under calories, already did 45 min. at the Y
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -3/5 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no - quite a bit over
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? My ex-husband's grandmother passed away so I went to the funeral yesterday and then I hung out with my grandmother who will be turning 100 years old tomorrow. :drinker: She lives at home with my aunt and my aunt had to run some errands for the birthday party so I got to spend my afternoon with my grandmother. :heart:
    What would I have done differently? get a walk in
    What is today's personal goals? elliptical, track calories and stay UNDER!!!

• Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - I did.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Did not get to exercise - But still stayed under my calories
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got a lot done - again! :smile: and was able to keep my calories under without exercise in my day.
    What would I have done differently? Earlier to bed.
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and stay under on calories and get some more committee work done.

I am sorry about your loss GoldK - :heart: That must have been quite a day , spending time with one grandma and laying another to rest!

Woohoo, ltspaul :flowerforyou: Wednesday was a good day for you!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals?yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? worked out even though I was dealing with an minor-emergency
    What would I have done differently? my choices weren't the best for lunch
    What is today's personal goals? stay under calories, plan to do 1.5 hours at the Y tonight

Happy 100th Birthday to your grandmother tomorrow Goldk! I'm sorry about your ex-husbands grandmother.
    Thanks Hoosiermomma for all the encouragement.

After a week of incredible worry and stress, my daughter is in Berlin, Germany with a school group. She NEVER gets sick and of course started getting sick last Friday with a sore throat. I had her in to the clinic on Saturday for a strep test which was negative, on Sunday she had 103 temp and we were really freaking out about whether she would be able to go on her trip. We realized that we had forgotten to get her a flu shot this year because she had been too busy last fall when the rest of us got our shots - so I was just sure she had the flu. On Monday she still had a temp of 101 in the morning so I took her back to the clinic and did another strep test, blood test and flu test. All were negative for flu or bacterial infection ... just a bad virus. She improved all day Monday and had no fever pretty much the rest of the day so we sent her back to school on Tuesday (against doctor's recommendations) because she is missing several days of school for her trip and she really needed to be at school. Tuesday night she had a little fever again - 100, then Wednesday morning I took her temp before I went to work out and it was 102! I was freaking out! But that temp was with an ear thermometer and her bedroom was super hot, so I moved her to my room and took her temp by mouth and it was 99. So a little high but not 102! Her temp by ear dropped down to 100 and by mouth to 98.4 after cooling off in our room - so I am really hoping the temp was just brought on by the heat in her room. So I gave her motrin and sent her to Germany. I made her promise to get rest, and I did tell the teacher to keep an eye on her and I'm sure I will be worried the whole time she is gone. I hope that was the right decision, sometimes it is really hard being a mom. :cry: :ohwell:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals?yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? worked out even though I was dealing with an minor-emergency
    What would I have done differently? my choices weren't the best for lunch
    What is today's personal goals? stay under calories, plan to do 1.5 hours at the Y tonight

Happy 100th Birthday to your grandmother tomorrow Goldk! I'm sorry about your ex-husbands grandmother.
    Thanks Hoosiermomma for all the encouragement.

After a week of incredible worry and stress, my daughter is in Berlin, Germany with a school group. She NEVER gets sick and of course started getting sick last Friday with a sore throat. I had her in to the clinic on Saturday for a strep test which was negative, on Sunday she had 103 temp and we were really freaking out about whether she would be able to go on her trip. We realized that we had forgotten to get her a flu shot this year because she had been too busy last fall when the rest of us got our shots - so I was just sure she had the flu. On Monday she still had a temp of 101 in the morning so I took her back to the clinic and did another strep test, blood test and flu test. All were negative for flu or bacterial infection ... just a bad virus. She improved all day Monday and had no fever pretty much the rest of the day so we sent her back to school on Tuesday (against doctor's recommendations) because she is missing several days of school for her trip and she really needed to be at school. Tuesday night she had a little fever again - 100, then Wednesday morning I took her temp before I went to work out and it was 102! I was freaking out! But that temp was with an ear thermometer and her bedroom was super hot, so I moved her to my room and took her temp by mouth and it was 99. So a little high but not 102! Her temp by ear dropped down to 100 and by mouth to 98.4 after cooling off in our room - so I am really hoping the temp was just brought on by the heat in her room. So I gave her motrin and sent her to Germany. I made her promise to get rest, and I did tell the teacher to keep an eye on her and I'm sure I will be worried the whole time she is gone. I hope that was the right decision, sometimes it is really hard being a mom. :cry: :ohwell:

It is very hard being a mom and I only have one (beautiful 10 year old girl :laugh: ) I kept her home today because she attended her first funeral yesterday and was so distraught I let her have a mental health day. She did a great job but I think it all caught up with her last night. I am sure your daughter will be feeling better in no time and will be able to enjoy her trip. If she rests and keeps taking the motrin hopefully the virus will works it's way out. How long is she gone for?
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? - I did.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? - Got 'er done!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed under on calories
    What would I have done differently? Sat too much getting my committee work done. Walked outside for just a bit! The sun is shining!
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and stay under on calories and get packed for our Spring Break trip! And of course all the work that I need to do to leave!

ltspaul - Praying that your daughter will have a wonderful time in Germany! Sometime's its hard being the parent!! I'm sure it will be an awesome experience for her!

I will have the opportunity SOMETIMES to catch up with you while on Spring Break. There is internet access in the lobby! So I will check in, so you have to keep this up!! I will try my best at some measure of discipline at the all-inclusive resort! Oh, the temptations!! But i will also be going for the 45 minute strenuous walk each morning and swimming and playing with kids! My Goal: to come back still in the 137's! Fruits and vegies are my friend, and probably I shouldn't be drinking the fruit! :drinker:

Have a great week you two and I will be back!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? not sure - didn't track
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Helped my aunt get ready for grandma's 100th birthday party (another planned for today). I didn't have any cake and I went for a 3 mile walk last night
    What would I have done differently? track my calories
    What is today's personal goals? go for a walk (done) and track my calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7 days of exercise

Hoosiermomma - Have a wonderful Spring Break! We will be here when you get back (hopefully a pound (or two) lighter) :laugh: :glasses:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? did an hour of turbokick
    What would I have done differently? not eaten at Taco John's after I got too hungry
    What is today's personal goals? already did 2 hours at the Y, stay under calories
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 6/7 days of exercise

Goldk - my daughter is gone for 12 days, I haven't heard from her since the initial terse email - so I guess I just have to assume she is ok and having too much fun to think about emailing her mom.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Hello Mon

Jamaica is fine! Taking the walks and trying to be moderate!! Looks like you gals are doing great!! Having a hard time finding the diet -rum-fruit drink but I will not give up and having a great time looking for it! :laugh: :drinker:

Keep on keeping on!! Love from the momma!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? did an hour of step
    What would I have done differently? figured out what I was really craving and just eaten it instead of grazing all day
    What is today's personal goals? already did 1 hour at the Y, stay under calories

Hoosiermomma: I'm so jealous! Aren't all rum-fruit drinks diet? :wink: