The Randoms - March 2011

Options

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    QOTD Pets: I have a 7yr old shiu tzu named Domino (can you guess what color she is? black and white) we also have 2 cats one is 16 yrs old and named tigger he is a tabby and the other is named Bobo and is black and white and my son has a snake
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    QOTD: A 3 year old puggle ( a mix between a pug and a beagle) named Mauer. Bark of a beagle and the face of a puggle. Gets old real quickly. Ugh.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    QOTD: A 3 year old puggle ( a mix between a pug and a beagle) named Mauer. Bark of a beagle and the face of a puggle. Gets old real quickly. Ugh.

hahah Mauer! I wonder where you got the name.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We used to have two cats but we had to get rid of them because of spraying/jealousy issues with the baby. It was a tough choice but now that we are pet free I don't think we will have any in the future because we enjoy the freedom that no pets allow us. I love cats and enjoy visiting friends that have them and cuddling them.
  • mandijo
    Options

hahah Mauer! I wonder where you got the name.

Bahaha! I wonder. :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    St. Patrick's Day is kinda my favorite holiday... haha. I LOVE IT! And I'm really hoping that Randy doesn't have to work late tomorrow night so I can see him (it's been nearly two weeks and I'm in withdrawl... haha) AND so we can get green beer! Beer just tastes better when it's green, haha.

As for am I Irish. Hmmm... red hair, green eyes, pale skin... definitely Irish :P I'm actually about half Irish and half German, with a tad bit of English thrown in. But my family definitely identifies with the Irish side. My sister actually Irish dances competitively (she's 20 now, and still does it). I'll be all decked out in green and wearing my Irish jewelry. Just crossing my fingers that I don't have to venture out by myself to celebrate. If Randy has to work, I'll probably postpone it until we can go out Saturday, most bars around here do stuff the weekend closest to St. Patrick's Day too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    QOTD: Just to try to get the ball rolling again, here's a new QOTD - Do you plan on celebrating St. Pat's Day at all tomorrow? If so, what are you doing? And, are you actually Irish?

Well I am part Irish probably about 1/5. Tomorrow I will be wearing my green shirt I got at my 5k last weekend. That is when I celebrated as it was a 5k followed by an Irish wake. The 5k started at 9 and the Irish wake went until 12 so I was pretty toasted (drink and sunburned wise) by then. It was sooooo much fun.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Hmm....We typically don't celebrate St. Patty's Day, but this year a good friend of mine is having a get together this weekend to celebrate. One of her good friends used to be engaged to a guy that lived in Ireland, and passed off a lot of traditions/customs to my friend. She always tries something new. I am actually 100% Dutch. Pretty boring. I don't even have the look. I'm definitely not tall, thin with blonde hair. The only thing I have going for me is the blue eyes. Otherwise, I'm short, chubby with dark hair lol. Oh well!
  • themommie
    Options
    QOTD - Do you plan on celebrating St. Pat's Day at all tomorrow? If so, what are you doing? And, are you actually Irish?
    I will wear green tomorrow so my kids dont pinch me, LOL , I bought my son a shirt that has a green vest and green tie on it, really cute. We dont usually do a whole lot for st pattys day except wear something green.Last yr I did make corned beef and cabbage, but I dont think I will this yr it is way high in sodium. I am mostly german.......
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Hey Random,
    My diet has gone to hell this past week since I went to FL. I haven't felt like cooking at all. The chicken hasn't even moved out of the freezer to dethaw. I need some new ideas for food.

QOTD: What is your favorite recipe?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    QOTD:

I think lately I'll have to go with chili! I finally figured out how to make it, i got a 2 gallon crock pot for Christmas and it's SO DARN EASY! I use a recipe from Hungry Girl but its pretty generic. A can each of kidney beans, black beans, sweet corn, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste (so much less sodium than tomato sauce or something and it makes it thicker), plus lean ground beef, onions, and some garlic and Emeril's Essence seasoning. Dump it all in and let it sit for 4 hours on high. Voila, dinner for 6 meals! That's how much that recipe usually makes me.

I also enjoy tacos, but I haven't made those in a while.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    QOTD: Fav Recipe....hmmm! Right now its bourbon chicken but it changes every couple of months! This one has been sticking on for a while though! Love it! :o)

Yesterday I went outside without a jacket...so freaking fantastic!!! It was WARM OUT! :o)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    QOTD: There are recipes that I enjoy but I really love to bake. I have this chocolate cake recipe that is so good that is also easy to remember.
  • themommie
    Options
    QOTD what is your favorite recipe? Hmmm I have lots of favorites that are my go tos tonight I am making chicken marinara sauce over whole wheat pasta . alittle olive oil cook in chopped onion, mushrooms, for a few minutes then add tomatoes, squash cook a little then add tomatoe sauce and add salt, pepper , oregano,
  • themommie
    Options
    sorry didnt finish the recipe. LOL
    then put the marinara over the pasta and add grilled chicken on top and top with parmesan cheese YUM

Weigh in today 194, I only lost 0.8 lbs this week but at least it is a loss. Me and my hubby went out to breakfast this morning and I had oatmeal and fresh fruit, he had cinnamon roll french toast with eggs and sausage. LOL. I hope everyone has a good, healthy active weekend.....
  • mandijo
    Options
    Wake up people!!!! Here's a QOTD:

What have you been doing to enjoy this new spring weather?