How do you deal with compliments?

Options
124»

Replies

• kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    Good for you on getting compliments!

I'm kinda the same - don't know how to respond. By folks complimenting me, I know they're looking at me and I don't feel yet at a place where I'm entirely comfortable with that. I know they mean well and that they're probably trying to encourage me in their own way, so I keep their good intentions in mind and say, "thank you." I find adding "I'm working on it" invites questions, like, "So what have you been doing to lose?" So adding that might depend on who complimented you and if you're in the mood to discuss it with this person.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is respond to a compliment with another compliment.

"Aw, you're so sweet. Thanks."
  • chrish1981
    chrish1981 Posts: 156
    Options
    I smile real big and tell them how much I lost so far!

Why not??? I'm working my *** off....LITERALLY!

So I'm very proud of it.

Part of me wanted to take offense, like, "Oh, does that mean I looked bad before?" So I thought about it, and I was like, "Obviously, and I thought so too or I wouldn't be here!"

Just enjoy it....you deserve it because losing weight is hard work!
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    i get my secretary to organize them in alphabetical order and I read through them in between bicep curls
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm not quite there yet! If or when I have rock hard abs like in your picture, I'll make sure I hire a male 'secretary' !
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i get my secretary to organize them in alphabetical order and I read through them in between bicep curls

:laugh: I'm not quite there yet! If or when I have rock hard abs like in your picture, I'll make sure I hire a male 'secretary' !
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I came across this lately. I said "Thank you, and what a nice thing to say"....lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!