NO FAST FOOD CHALLENGE - MARCH

Options
The challenge is to not indulge in any fast food purchased from a fast food restaurant specifically those with drive thru. You may include items like pizza, fried foods etc. :grumble: For me all of these type of items are included. It is your option.

We all know what real fast foods are, so let's give it a try. Check in when you like to. I say let's do it on Monday's. I have been preparing for this since I found the thread last month. No fast foods for me in March.

Are you up for the challenge? Just stay away from the fast food, pure and simple. If it were that simple I would not be doing the challenge.:wink:

Replies

• ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i can say I have this one in the bag..

I dont eat out. I have ate out one time in 9 months.
  • nanianela
    nanianela Posts: 16
    Options
    If you want something to help you with the fast food challenge, I can suggest a book. I have been free of fast food since Jan. 1st as my resolution. It's definitely not easy, but the book has gotten me through it ! It's called Fast Food Nation. It divulges all the dirty little secrets of the fast food industry. I encourage your mission to be fast food free and support you 110% of the way ! It's definitely one of the biggest reasons I am where I am today as far as weight and unhappiness, not to say that there aren't many other contributors. Case and point, get the book, will help a lot ! All the best !
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thats a great choice to make for life in general. I try to NEVER eat at fast food anymore. When I need something fast, I go to Subway. That's my fast food. :-)

My brother asked me to pick him up Burger King the other day. Just having the bag in the car, the smell made me sick to my stomach. That was a great feeling to know it didn't even smell good anymore!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm in but lets clarify 1 thing, hubby and I eat out once a month (as a date) and we always go to a greek place to get lamb shoulder, with salad and roasted potatoes. Does this count as fast food?
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    UnpredictablyPretty21 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in but lets clarify 1 thing, hubby and I eat out once a month (as a date) and we always go to a greek place to get lamb shoulder, with salad and roasted potatoes. Does this count as fast food?

I would not class that as fast food at all.... so you enjoy :)
  • PeachMommy30
    PeachMommy30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I know if I can go without fast food for a month, then I can kick this bad habit for good!
  • lilbylil
    lilbylil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'd like to be part of this challenge. thanks for getting it started. so we just check in on Mondays to say whether we have or haven't indulged, right?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

I am not classifying resturant food as fast food. Unless your resturant has a drive thru?:wink:
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I have been doing this since Jan 1st as well..I had one breakthrough of a mcchicken :( since then...I also do not consider subway as fast food, but I don't get the bad sandwiches from there either...
    and along with what someone else said, I sat across the street from a mcds recently and it almost made me throw up! So I too am glad I don't even like the smell anymore!!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No not a drive thru *WHEW* I took rice and pasta away from my man, if I took our 1'ce a month greek! we would have issues ! haha
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in- no fast food for a month. This shouldn't be really hard, I seldom eat it anyway but never will be better than seldom :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thats a great choice to make for life in general. I try to NEVER eat at fast food anymore. When I need something fast, I go to Subway. That's my fast food. :-)

My brother asked me to pick him up Burger King the other day. Just having the bag in the car, the smell made me sick to my stomach. That was a great feeling to know it didn't even smell good anymore!

It is my goal to get here one day!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    i'd like to be part of this challenge. thanks for getting it started. so we just check in on Mondays to say whether we have or haven't indulged, right?

Yes.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Yes, Monday is the official check in day but you can check in any time you would like to. For the 1st week or so I will probably check in everyday. Tuesday's for sure because this is the hardest day for me.
  • prot11
    prot11 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in. Except that I very very rarely eat fast food anyway, so to make this at least a bit interesting I'll include pizza (which is very much in the fast food category, at least in terms of its nutrients!) and... anything eaten out for lunch - just because I want to bring lunch from home. Hey, that could be a whole separate challenge! I'll start a thread.
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be easy! My power window on the drivers side just broke and I'd rather not go inside so....yeah me!
  • ellennow
    ellennow Posts: 568
    Options
    Sounds good Mollie so we check in on Mondays...okay! it's on for March. Thanks for posting and planting the seed!
  • chelseacorrado
    Options
    I'm in! I was a fast food freak..until I begun exercising and eating healthy...I have not touched fast food in over a week now..(I know that may not seem like a big deal...but it is when I would eat fast foods up to twice a day). I am TOTALLY in for this challenge!!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I have not had fast food since before last Thanksgiving...I don't miss it anymore. Good luck to all of you.
  • megankam
    megankam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yay!!! I'm definetly up for the challenge... i have a major problem staying away from pizza:embarassed:
    I've just posted all my other goals for March on my blog as well and no pizza is on the list!