NO FAST FOOD CHALLENGE - MARCH

Options

Replies

• lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    this is a challenge I had already set for myself for March (along with about 4 other challenges) so its nice to see a thread on it.

This will be hard for me, last year I was eating takeaways 3 nights a week, in January I brought that down to once a week, Feb once every so often and now its ZERO for March!
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I may stop at Mcdonalds only for a salad as long as I use a light dressing. I also stop in the morning for black coffee. Does this count??
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I may stop at Mcdonalds only for a salad as long as I use a light dressing. I also stop in the morning for black coffee. Does this count??

No this does not count. I also eat MCD salads. They are the best value if you are lazy like me and don't like making salads daily.
  • beka2699
    beka2699 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome Challenge !! This will totally help me......
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I definitely want to do it too. My husband even said he'd do it too! I'm including pizza in my challenge also! Can't wait to check in Monday! Great idea!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I generally only have fast food about once or twice a week. When I weighed 500 plus I ate it almost daily, so I have come a long ways. In 2004 thru 2006 I did not have any fast foods because I had surgery and went cold turkey. I want to go cold turkey again and I feel if I get 2 to 3 months in cold turkey I am on my way to a NO FAST life. No fried foods. I have a friend who does eat either and even though I love it, it is not good for me therefore I want to get it out of my system.

For March, April and May I am including pizza and chineese food. I will have these foods again at some point but very sparingly. But french fries, polishes, burgers, etc I want to go cold turkey. Like some of you stated I want to get to the point that the smell of it makes me sick.......:-) This may not happen for me but I want to get completely away from fast foods. I am also going to make Subway my fast food.

Anyway enough about me. I made it thru yesterday without any fast foods and that means no Popeyes Chicken. I am deleting the phone numbers for all fast food joints from my cell phone today. NO more.

Have a good week and I will check in on the weekends since these are hard too.
  • Kristen713
    Options
    This is a great challenge! And the fact that soo many ppl are interested is great. I have wanted to go no fast food for a while but it's really hard in my house of 8 where everyone eats out :( This is encouraging because I will know that I am not the only one trying it :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm in! I was a fast food freak..until I begun exercising and eating healthy...I have not touched fast food in over a week now..(I know that may not seem like a big deal...but it is when I would eat fast foods up to twice a day). I am TOTALLY in for this challenge!!

1 week is awesome!! Let's keep it going!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    If you want something to help you with the fast food challenge, I can suggest a book. I have been free of fast food since Jan. 1st as my resolution. It's definitely not easy, but the book has gotten me through it ! It's called Fast Food Nation. It divulges all the dirty little secrets of the fast food industry. I encourage your mission to be fast food free and support you 110% of the way ! It's definitely one of the biggest reasons I am where I am today as far as weight and unhappiness, not to say that there aren't many other contributors. Case and point, get the book, will help a lot ! All the best !

Thanks for support and recommendation!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    2 days no fast foods! Whooohooo! How are you all doing? We can do it!
  • jennyab
    jennyab Posts: 20
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join in, if not I am in! its always a challenge with such busy days, but it will be worth it!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    :smile: I'm in! I'll even include Starbucks because I often order their spinach feta wrap along with my soy latte! it will save me money too. So far (even though it is the 1st)...zero days of fast food. I'm going to include pizza and ordering out as well! Thanks for doing this.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join in, if not I am in! its always a challenge with such busy days, but it will be worth it!

It is not too late! Just start from today if you had some fast food yesterday. Welcome!
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in! great idea! They say it takes 22 days to create a habit, I'd like to get into the habit of not eating it ever, because Taco Bell... is my downfall!
  • runteachrun
    Options
    i hate fast food, so this is easy for me, but i'm gonna do it as well! for me, the drive-thru is the coffee stand and i'm giving it up!
  • boone0875
    Options
    I think that would be a wonderful goal. I just hope subway doesn't count!
  • stacyleigh0729
    Options
    Count me in ! Im starting today!!
  • sedatedchaos
    Options
    count me in definatly i eat way too much fast food!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm hella in.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I think that would be a wonderful goal. I just hope subway doesn't count!

Subway does not have a drive thru.:wink: