canned tuna uses?

Options

Replies

• ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    Mixed with Greek Yogurt adds so much protein with 0% fat!
    It's like a protein PUNCH!...sometime a little honey mustard and ALWAYS with fresh/dried dill herb...and if I don't have any around, I chop up Dill Pickles and toss those in!

Surely a staple and an all-time fav!
    YUM!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Tuna with Mayo and Relish !!!! YUMMY....
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Instead of mayo I use plain yogurt (trust me you can't tell the difference), mustard, relish, and a dash of chili powder and pepper. Sometimes I just eat it like that or sometimes I put it on toast.

Interesting...I will have to try this.
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    GENIUS!
    I'm doing this ASAP!
    yumyumyummmm!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It's also great for when you need to get the cat out of the attic.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Instead of mayo I use plain yogurt (trust me you can't tell the difference), mustard, relish, and a dash of chili powder and pepper. Sometimes I just eat it like that or sometimes I put it on toast.

Interesting...I will have to try this.

Yup! This is correct, you can't taste it. I buy 1 jar of light mayo a year and have to toss it after using no more than 1-2 tbsp's. Such a waste and regular yogurt when you are done cooking with it can still be eaten by itself or with fruit as a treat. Much better investment.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of these awesome ideas!!!! I am going to rock out some tuna today. ;)
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bumblebee makes little packages of pre seasoned tuna with crackers. I had the lemon pepper it was pretty good. Next time I'll prolly make it myself and use whole grain crackers. It came with Ritz - ew!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    The other day I just added Fresh garden salsa to my tuna and ate it....delish!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Mix with diced onion and low fat mayo. Put on top of whole wheat english muffins and then top with fat free cheese slice. Toast in oven. Low cal tuna melt--my favorite way to eat tuna!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I throw it in an omelette, often with onions/spinach/feta cheese.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new ways. Some of these sound absolutely delicious!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    mix it with a bit of balsmic vinegar and have with a mixed leaf salad or on top of a baked potato

i also do a budget tuna pasta bake:

2 cans of tuna
    jar of tomato based pasta sauce
    tin of sweetcorn
    fusili pasta (or of your choice)
    bit of mature cheddar cheese grated

add all ingredients into an oven proof dish except cheese, fill the sauce jar with water to the top of the label and add to the ingredients and mix together.cover and place into a pre heated oven (gas 5 i use) for 20 mins, take out stir put the grated cheese on top and place back in the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes until the pasta is cooked. enjoy

obviously i've not included nutritional info as this varies by what ingredients you use
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I CANT BELIEVE NOONE POSTED THIS!!!! TUNA, canola mayo and CRAISINSSSSSSSSS! I cant eat my canned tuna/salmon without them!!!! or tuna, onion, mayo, and olives (so.so) ...... OR...............barilla geminelli pasta with tuna, marinated artichoke hearts, onion, and mayo!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Use plain greek yogurt instead of mayo, add in some pickle relish and diced boiled egg and it's fantastic.
  • Polished07
    Options
    I CANT BELIEVE NOONE POSTED THIS!!!! TUNA, canola mayo and CRAISINSSSSSSSSS! I cant eat my canned tuna/salmon without them!!!! or tuna, onion, mayo, and olives (so.so) ...... OR...............barilla geminelli pasta with tuna, marinated artichoke hearts, onion, and mayo!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha I luv my tuna with crasins and celery delicious!
  • thehealthylife
    thehealthylife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for postings this question! I am a semi-veg (seafood only), so I have really struggle with ways to get enough protein. I can't believe how many great ideas everyone.
    Seriously going to copy some of these ideas to my recipe book right now!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    tuna lasagne,ummm
    also tuna salad,tuna with pasta goes brillliantly....
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    mix it with a bit of balsmic vinegar and have with a mixed leaf salad or on top of a baked potato

2 cans of tuna
    tin of sweetcorn

add all ingredients into an oven proof dish except cheese, fill the sauce jar with water to the top of the label and add to the ingredients and mix together.cover and place into a pre heated oven (gas 5 i use) for 20 mins, take out stir put the grated cheese on top and place back in the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes until the pasta is cooked. enjoy

obviously i've not included nutritional info as this varies by what ingredients you use

How much pasta would you use? I calculated this with 85g and its about 5 WW points so thats good but since thats for 4 servings I'm wondering if it's not filling enough.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options

2 cans of tuna
    tin of sweetcorn

How much pasta would you use? I calculated this with 85g and its about 5 WW points so thats good but since thats for 4 servings I'm wondering if it's not filling enough.

honestly... it depends on the size of the dish you are using. i tend to add the pasta after the other ingredients (no idea why i didn't say this in my method) and then add roughly 100g so that the dry pasta still has plenty of room to expand. its a surpisingly filling dish that is eaten regularly in our house infact its what we are having on saturday night lol

i'll weigh it out properly next time lol