The grocery shopping trip from hell!

Options
124»

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Right. I don't mean to offend anyone. It's just natural for me to walk up the stairs even if they are moving. I am, however serious about the airport walkway. If you have to stand there, at least get your big luggage out of the way so I dont trip on it as I walk.

I actually completely disagree with you about the airport moving walkways. They are not there so that people can get through the terminal faster. They are there for the family that just finished an 11 hour flight and is sleep deprived and has to manage 4 carry-ons and 2 kids through a huge airport. They are there for the75 year old guy with heart problems that can't walk a mile through the airport to get to his flight. They are there for the small children that can't keep up with the adults because their little legs don't move that fast.

I realize it is an inconvenience to you if you're able to move faster. But in my experiences there is a normal walk way in between the moving walkways that allow you to walk full speed to where you need to go. Not trying to be rude or anything I just know that traveling can take a lot of energy out of people with time changes and long flights, so those moving walkways are there to make life easier.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Gotta love people who feel the need to pull apart MY rants- hey people- they're my rants - feel free to post your own but don't tell me how I should feel or why I shouldn't feel it..... Once again- I feel like I am going to be saying this a lot lately- I have three daughters - If I want drama, all I have to do is wake up in the morning!! If you don't have something constructive to say- please just move along......... is it really that hard?!?!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Gotta love people who feel the need to pull apart MY rants- hey people- they're my rants - feel free to post your own but don't tell me how I should feel or why I shouldn't feel it..... Once again- I feel like I am going to be saying this a lot lately- I have three daughters - If I want drama, all I have to do is wake up in the morning!! If you don't have something constructive to say- please just move along......... is it really that hard?!?!

ugh i know right!? it's like they just go around looking for people to correct.get a life. it was fun to me until we have those folks come along and "meh meh meh! that's not politically correct! thats mean! wahh" ugh. over it.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Right. I don't mean to offend anyone. It's just natural for me to walk up the stairs even if they are moving. I am, however serious about the airport walkway. If you have to stand there, at least get your big luggage out of the way so I dont trip on it as I walk.

I actually completely disagree with you about the airport moving walkways. They are not there so that people can get through the terminal faster. They are there for the family that just finished an 11 hour flight and is sleep deprived and has to manage 4 carry-ons and 2 kids through a huge airport. They are there for the75 year old guy with heart problems that can't walk a mile through the airport to get to his flight. They are there for the small children that can't keep up with the adults because their little legs don't move that fast.

I realize it is an inconvenience to you if you're able to move faster. But in my experiences there is a normal walk way in between the moving walkways that allow you to walk full speed to where you need to go. Not trying to be rude or anything I just know that traveling can take a lot of energy out of people with time changes and long flights, so those moving walkways are there to make life easier.

Something tells me that the elderly man and the family with tired kids were not who this person was talking about... perhaps the teenager texting is the appropriate recipient of this irritation
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Wendi....its your thread and if they dont like they can get the f$%k out.......

YEP I SAID IT
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    And for the record I didnt even read through the complaints...no need too...
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    *waves to Wendi* :)
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Is that comment directed at me? I didn't even say anything about your rant lol.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Oh I have to add...I hate when you are putting your bags in your cart and you haven't even paid yet and the person behind you either has their cart in front of the check stand or are standing there themselves! Really?! If you are going to pay for mine then feel free to stand there but if not then back the heck off and wait your turn until I am completely finished!!! And trust me - this annoys the cashiers too!!
    OMG yes! People seeme to think that if they're pushy and invade your personal space the'll get to the cash faster, NOT SO! I also hate when paying with my interact card if someone is so close that they see my PIN!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Is that comment directed at me? I didn't even say anything about your rant lol.

Feeling guilty ;-) No wasn't 'direct' at anyone.... just a general statement....
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    i agreed with all BUT ONE...... "people who feel the need to run up the escalators" i feel the EXACT opposite! i'm an escalator runner, but in my building we only have escalators, and i drives me CRAZY to see people literally just stand still allllllll the way through until the damn thing drags them off! i mean REALLY?? its a set of stairs.. it just moves! if it wasnt moving you'd be walking.. but just because it's moving they have to be sooooooo lazy to not budge one inch.. i mean not even the last two steps?!?! urghhh!! i wish i could just elbow them out of the way... you say take the stairs.. i say take the elevator! :) loved your post though! so true!
    With you. I at least WALK up escalators and get irrationally p.o.'d when folks just stand there on them unless they are obviously disabled or carrying a stroller and a baby.
    Wow. just wow. I am not "obviously disabled" but I do have a low back problem that flares up from time to time, as well as a knee problem, which makes it very painful to go up stairs. So yes, I ride the escalator. If I wanted to deal with the pain of climbing stairs, I would go find the stairs. I try not to judge people, because I dont always know what their issues might be.

I'm sorry that you are so sensitive about this issue, but I didn't say anything about judging. I said that I get 'irrationally' annoyed by people who block escalators so the folks who want to walk up them can't pass. Since I said I was 'irrationally' annoyed by this, it would seem that the only one I'm 'judging' is ME.

Sorry this is a sore spot for you and that you are apparently having a bad day. Hope it gets better.
    Thanks, but I'm not having a bad day at all. The weather is gorgeous and I just got back from a 45 minute walk. Right now I'm pain free and life couldn't be better!

In your original post, you said you get "irrationally p.o.'d [not annoyed] when folks just stand there on them" you said nothing about blocking the way so people can't pass. To me it seemed like you get p.o.'d because you feel they should be walking up like you, and not riding. To me, that's judgmental but I never said you were being judgmental. I said that *I* try not to judge people because you never know what's going on with them. That's my opinion and you dont have to share it. You're always entitled to your own.
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    :sad: I just had one of those shopping trips too except I took my 73 yr old mom.lol. two hours also.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The one thing that bothers me the most is.............other peoples shopping carts. When you put your items in if you keep it nice and organized everything will fit and it doesn't really take any extra time. I mean come on the bread is on the bottom under the package of raw meat!! Gross. If you organize it before you put it on the belt it will take less time also.

The best time to go is 8-9pm at night on a weekday. :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Oh my fav is the coupon guy. He seriously has three baskets full to the top with groceries. He has this wooden box that fits on the cart (designed by him I might add) that seperates the coupons by store, by aisle, by brand!!! It is full of coupons! He literally places one item on the belt with its coupon and will only let the cashier ring him up one freaking item at a time! I have walked into the store when they first start checkout and be there for about an hour and they are still not done! I dont shop on thursdays anymore because of him. Hes not the only one that does stuff like that. Theres this lady that shops on sundays when i go and she usually spends a good $500 on food each week. Four baskets full. She has like 6 kids and if I dont get through the produce aisle befor her i wont get any apples or grapes. She also has a unique filing system for her dang coupons. Its almost entertaining to watch.

I saw a show on this called "Extreme Couponing" I could never be that organized, I have enough trouble remembering to bring even one to the store.:wink:

I'm an extreme couponer (but not to the extreme they showed on TV), but I go during the day while most people are at work. And, if I see someone in line behind me, I always tell them they can go ahead of me and show them my stack of coupons. I'm not like the guy above, though, that scans one at a time. I try to make it as speedy as possible for the cashiers and everyone else in line.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....As far as blocking the escalator....I am scared I am going to get sucked into that thing. Irrational maybe, but is your life so important you cant slow down for one second? I am sure there is a set of stairs somewhere in the building for fire safety maybe, that you could use?

As for the people movers in airports, you can always walk next to the people mover....Nothing saying you must be on it.

As for the bratty kids in pajamas, If I want to take my kid to the store after 9pm its my right as a parent and who are you to judge? You have no idea what is going on in that person's life. Maybe the kid has lukemia and finally had a bit of an energy spurt so the family decided to let him run around walmart.

It seems to me like these are really silly things to get so angry about. Life is to short....Hug your family, smile & move on. :drinker:
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh my fav is the coupon guy. He seriously has three baskets full to the top with groceries. He has this wooden box that fits on the cart (designed by him I might add) that seperates the coupons by store, by aisle, by brand!!! It is full of coupons! He literally places one item on the belt with its coupon and will only let the cashier ring him up one freaking item at a time! I have walked into the store when they first start checkout and be there for about an hour and they are still not done! I dont shop on thursdays anymore because of him. Hes not the only one that does stuff like that. Theres this lady that shops on sundays when i go and she usually spends a good $500 on food each week. Four baskets full. She has like 6 kids and if I dont get through the produce aisle befor her i wont get any apples or grapes. She also has a unique filing system for her dang coupons. Its almost entertaining to watch.

I saw a show on this called "Extreme Couponing" I could never be that organized, I have enough trouble remembering to bring even one to the store.:wink:

I'm an extreme couponer (but not to the extreme they showed on TV), but I go during the day while most people are at work. And, if I see someone in line behind me, I always tell them they can go ahead of me and show them my stack of coupons. I'm not like the guy above, though, that scans one at a time. I try to make it as speedy as possible for the cashiers and everyone else in line.

I cannot get motivated enough to clip coupons and half the time when I do there is nothing that I will use. I'm a brand snob and if my specific brand isnt in there I dont use them. Its nice to know that you arent coupon crazy and let others go on if you have a lot of them. I usually let people go in front of me if they only have a few items and Ive got a cart full. consideration for fellow shoppers is key, but not everyone does it... :smile:
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    This is terrible but one time at Sam's Club some idiot parked so close to me I could not even squeeze between cars to get my door open. I actually had to get in on the passenger side and climb over my console in flip flops. I was so pissed I got a pen and paper and wrote a very not nice note and left it on his windshield right in front of the parking lot camera. The guy that was parked on my passenger side totally agreed with me(he was nice and shut the door for me after retrieving my flip flop lol). Some people just think they are the only ones in this world I tell ya. Thank God my kids weren't with me as I try to teach them to help others and be kind. I actually will leave my cart full of groceries to help an elderly person load their groceries into their car. But this guy in his fancy jacked up truck just pissed me off to no end.