Brides on a Mission: Week 10

Options
Hello brides!
Welcome to all the new members! Glad you have joined the group! :smile:

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 10 challenge: For this week, post your favorite healthy recipe. It can be a link to a web site or just written out in a post. If you can, please try to include the nutritional value for the recipe.

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”:
7. Do you use weights in your workout routine:
8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: wednsday is my weigh in day......ill be back then...

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): nothing just getting more excited...2 months 2 days left...

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my dad who is on another drinkin binge....just over all stress with that n my hubby hurt him self at work and now has a hernia...yay! NOT!

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: no colors....just white roses n off white ribbon on cake =)

5. Any wedding news updates: just excited for the day to come...

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: anything thats salad like garden salad....something bad like mabe a alcholic drink then no dessert or if i do i share.....

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: yes...8lbs

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): great....n pushed my self more for doing 100 sit ups a nite

9. Weekly wrap up: okay just struggleing with my own family stresses....n drama....im stressin my self out...
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 4lbs!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Spent the day with my FH shopping and walking the mall. It was fun. :D

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Stress from my moms health problems. She still has short term memory loss from her heart attack back in Nov. :(

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: Daisies and sunflowers. White orange and yellow. :) and then maybe some accent blue flower yet to be determined. I like this one
    marigold-sunflowers-bridal-bouquet.jpg

5. Any wedding news updates: not really. We are on the fence between just having a small intimate wedding now with really close family and friends (20ish people) and having a traditional wedding. Its a money issue :( and we would both rather get a loan for a house than for our wedding. Ya know? We shall see. My mom is one of those people who wants everyone and their friends to be invited. lol.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: We don't get appetizers anymore unless its something like salad or chips and salsa. Nothing deep fried or covered in a pound of cheese. I always try to limit myself to 1 alcohol drink and then drink water or unsweetened ice tea if I am still thirsty. And I try to be conscious about how much food is actually a serving. Like the other day we went to the cheesecake factory and when I got my food there was enough mashed potatoes for 3 servings. So I portioned off a third of it and only ate that.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: Yeah I try to do Jillian Michale's 30 day shred or No more trouble zones at least 2 times a week. (which requires weights)

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): I did good on the sit ups and squats. Those darn push ups though... I can barely do 5 whole push ups. :( so I did them as girly, knees on the ground ones.

9. Weekly wrap up: This week has been successful. I lost 4 lbs! After a few weeks of not losing anything or losing only 1 lb it is a confidence booster to know that I am doing something right.
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .8 pounds lost

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I started running again

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Getting up in the morning to work out before work, it just seems so easy to hit snooze and go back to sleep.

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: I am not sure since I don't have colors yet, but I am thinking blue, but I will have stargazer lilies since they are my favorie flower

5. Any wedding news updates: I got an e-mail from the wedding planner at the hotel that I love and we can book at the end of April!!

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I don't get dessert, and I try to eat only part of the meal.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: no not yet, I am going to start this week i think.

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): I didn't get a chance, I would go running in the morning but never really had enough time to do that before work.

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall it was an okay week, right now I am trying to fight a nasty cold and hoping I get better soon.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Uh. I might never catch up with everyone. I'm still catching up on Week 8!*LOL*

heels24 & lynnellec - I don’t think that I’ve seen the Four Weddings show. I wish there were more places where you could watch them online. I got rid of cable and I need my fix!*LOL*

eaglesfan426 – I find the fitness shows to be very inspiring. Instead of noshing in front of the TV, it gives me an extra boost of willpower to stop snacking. Sometimes I even get motivated enough to do some exercise during commercials. I’m in the same boat with the fiancé though. He keeps complaining that he’s gaining weight, but doesn’t’ do much to take it off. I don’t ***** too much though, since he does work six days a week and he’s definitely tired when he comes home.

kstoller2 – The double booking thing sounded like a real nightmare. I’m glad everything worked itself out for you. Is the place a really big one? I’m kind of glad we’re getting married in a small town, rural community because stuff like this doesn’t happen. At least I hope not!*bites nails*

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    edryer123 – Don’t you love new sneakers!? It’s something about them that just gets you workout out!*LOL* I splurge on a pair every six months to re-inspire me to get my butt to the gym.

wannabrn10 – I laughed at your earlier post about hating to work out in the morning. We sound a lot alike. Not only am I so tired, I rarely ever do it (I just reset the alarm clock!*LOL), but I also feel really stiff in the morning. I can’t even do yoga because it feels terrible!:-P I’m definitely an afternoon person. I noticed that you also are going to be MIA for a while on the boards while you finish up your schooling. We’re just glad you’re keeping things moving for us. The thread is my favorite spot on MFP and I check it every day, even when I’m sick!:-P You can always reply to posts in bulk, like I do!;-)

Greenpianokeys – It’s really cool you’re going to do the DisneyWorld thing for your honeymoon. My fiancé and I will be going there with his parents this December. It’s to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary and they’re paying for the hotel and flight and meals. We just need spending money. I’m excited too!:-)

lilRicki – I’m so sorry about your grandfather. You’re in my thoughts and prayers as well as the rest of your family. I went to a good friend’s funeral this week. He died of cancer at age 61. Such a great man and so sad. His kids are my age and he has a granddaughter that will never know him. I’m really concerned for his wife, Barb, who is my best friend and MOH. She’s been so upbeat throughout his illness, but I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop….*worried*

Shannon
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bumping for tuesday weigh in and to make sure I don't lose you all this week! X
  • DeeDeeMarie
    Options
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
    1. Name: Dee Canfield
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Kennedy NY
    4. Occupation: surgical dental assistant
    5. Wedding date: july 21 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Jonathan
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 14 months
    8. Heaviest weight: 170
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 by August
    10. Favorite type of exercise: cardio...started running about a month ago but have the worst shin splints and cant do it anymore;(
    11. Favorite healthy food:

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2.6 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): went out with my newly single mom
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my dad and i had a falling out after trying to put up with my step mom for 12 years i finally snapped and no longer will have anything to do with them
    4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: yellow....not sure what i will go with yet but it is going to be a very country wedding, we own a dairy farm and its just our personality
    5. Any wedding news updates: going to pick up my dress next weekend,it no longer fits due to weight loss but i will find a good alterations department
    6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: i try not to use it as "free" days and stay within reason
    7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: just began to after losing the first 11 lbs
    8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): just began the brides on a mission today(week 10)
    9. Weekly wrap up:
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Gosh hard to believe its week 10 Already!! :) Wow!

Brides on a Mission: week 10
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: down 1.4lbs!! I'm in the 170s baby!! :) I am estatic about this. Mini goal #1 Met!!
    2. Highlight of the past week: I got my FIRST reward! 179 was my first mini goal and my reward was a new bra from victoria's secret - must admit I bought 2 and a bunch of panties :) Couldn't help myself ***Side note, so far I totally recomend the VS Incredible. It has self adjusting straps and though i was skeptical it is the first bra straps that don't fall down and it is SUPER comfortable*** Anywaysss it was great to have a reward finally :)))
    3. Lowlight of the past week : BIG HUGE astronomical figth with my boyfriend, but i stould my ground - and he ended up apologizing and we worked it out.
    4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: Still not engaged lol :) And I'm not really sure about this for when the big day Does happen :)
    5. Any wedding news updates: n/a
    6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I DO consider what I really want (calories/size/portion,etc.) and decide if I will be satisfied eating just the portion my calories will allow, if not I look for things that will provide a bigger portion within my calories (fish is usually a good bet, but I really do look for things that I will WANT to eat) and I DO look it up on my phone before eating. It is much easier to stay within calories if I check first. WE all HATE eating a meal thinking it was good and finding out we just blew 1500 calories. I DON'T eat until I'm stuffed (getting up midway through the meal and walking to the bathroom helps me assess how full I am.) I DO drink a lot of water (even if I am drinking something else.) I DONT usually go for dessert at a restaurant, I can usually get something just as satisfying at home for ALOT less calories.) I DO enjoy myself, I DONT freak out over the situation - those kinds of things will discourage me from trying. I DONT have nights where I "just don't care" and eat whatever - even on a "cheat" day or meal I try to keep things in perspective. I can usually satisfy my guilty pleasure without going over by a thousand calories. I love how much more in control I feel now. Woww that was a long answer but that was a REALLY good question.
    Ohh one more - I DO eat half to 3/4 of the portion (typically we just dont need it all :)
    7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: not really, but I'm meeting up with my old personal trainer this saturday, she will probably help me start incorporating them again.
    8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): I feel so bad!! I didn't do any. This is really a fault of mine. I need to start working on strength training.
    9. Weekly wrap up: all in all a good week. Even with a super long day at work (finished at 10:30) I didn't have any really BAD days. That feels really good. Also I'm getting a LOT better at drinking my water. I actually hit 18 glasses yesterday

**I read that we really need to drink at least half our body weight in water to function healthily (so i figure more with high sodium diet / working out.)
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    So I totally missed last week and almost missed the week before... I'm all caught up on and reading and boy did I miss some excitement! Anyway I do have a few responses for some of you from last week.

Heels24 – That’s great that you gave snowboarding another try! I absolutely love it! I’ve been going for about 3 years but since I only go 3-4 times a year I haven’t gotten crazy good. I can do the blues and blacks but I do them slowly. You’re going to love it as you get better and I find the healthier I am the easier it is! We’re going this weekend and I’m super excited!

Greenpianokeys – A week at Disney sounds awesome! Are you going to go to Universal and Harry Potter World too?!

Natalie – Good luck with your last semester! You’re going to kick butt! You’re obviously very organized and on top of things! Also the birth control issues you are having – I just refuse to take any at this point. I always gain weight on them and I just don’t like how I feel. So my fiancé and I just use good old condoms.. lol I tell him it will just make it that much more exciting when we’re ready for kids :-P

LilRicki – How’d you like the hockey game? I looovvee going to hockey games! Go Caps! It’s actually turned me off of football because now I’m so used to the constant action in hockey!... Also so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you and you’re family are doing well.

Dezil – I’m doing mini jam and jelly jars for my favors from Mrs. Miller’s Noodle company. We’re going for kind of a southern wedding theme and I wanted something that everyone could enjoy. We got lots of different flavors.

And then here are my answers to the week 9 questions that were specific to week 9:
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: We have three on each side including our MOH and BM.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: LOL i don’t really have one. I tend to eat unhealthy snacks. I like to keep 100 calorie sugary things like the Weight Watchers Carrot Cakes mmm. I also eat Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses a lot. I have a really bad sweet tooth!

7. What time of day do you work out: I work out after I get home from work and before my fiancé gets home. Then we go on a two mile walk after dinner with the dogs.
  • kgs0201
    Options
    Kalebsmama – I hope your fiancé gets better quickly! Try not to stress out too much and every day just take 10 minutes to yourself and relax! You deserve it and you’ve done such an awesome job! You look fantastic in your wedding dress already and you still have two months to go!

Dragofarie – 4 lbs! That’s incredible! And that bouquet is gorgeous! I love it! As far as choosing between whether to spend lots on the wedding or putting it towards a house, you definitely have the right idea to go small. I would talk to your mom about it and tell her that if she wants the big wedding she’s going to need to help out. You are trying to build a life with your FH and a house is a lot more important.

DeeDee – I know what its like having an awful step mom. My dad passed away a few years ago and so I thought I would be rid of her for good. Unfortuantely my older brother still keeps in contact and she keeps asking him about my wedding. Umm no. You are not invited. I hope you and your dad are able to find a way to work things out but its definitely tough. There’s a reason why there are movies about evil step mothers.

Becky – I do the same thing as you when I go out to eat. I look it up either before we even go to the restaurant or I’m sitting there on my iPhone looking up the different items. I hate ordering without knowing how many calories in it! It can be shocking how a salad has more calories than a chicken and rice dish (stupid dressing!).
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Kalebsmama – I hope your fiancé gets better quickly! Try not to stress out too much and every day just take 10 minutes to yourself and relax! You deserve it and you’ve done such an awesome job! You look fantastic in your wedding dress already and you still have two months to go!

Dragofarie – 4 lbs! That’s incredible! And that bouquet is gorgeous! I love it! As far as choosing between whether to spend lots on the wedding or putting it towards a house, you definitely have the right idea to go small. I would talk to your mom about it and tell her that if she wants the big wedding she’s going to need to help out. You are trying to build a life with your FH and a house is a lot more important.

DeeDee – I know what its like having an awful step mom. My dad passed away a few years ago and so I thought I would be rid of her for good. Unfortuantely my older brother still keeps in contact and she keeps asking him about my wedding. Umm no. You are not invited. I hope you and your dad are able to find a way to work things out but its definitely tough. There’s a reason why there are movies about evil step mothers.

Becky – I do the same thing as you when I go out to eat. I look it up either before we even go to the restaurant or I’m sitting there on my iPhone looking up the different items. I hate ordering without knowing how many calories in it! It can be shocking how a salad has more calories than a chicken and rice dish (stupid dressing!).

thanks for the comment n the feed back greatly appreciated...
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm not very tech-smart so I just hit reply in hopes that this would qualify as me adding myself? Please someone inform me if there's more I have to do to see updates?

Anyhoo, we're not officially engaged yet, but it is all starting to get exciting as we are planning a destination wedding 11 months from now after finding the perfect place while on vacation a few weeks ago.

Love this week's challenge, I will think about my favourite healthy recipe while answering all these other initial get-to-know-me questions:

1. Name: Krista
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Vancouver, BC Canada
    4. Occupation: Infant Development Program Supervisor
    5. Wedding date: February 2012 - Date not officially set yet
    6. Fiancés name: Dieter (odd I know, it's German, pronounced like Peter, except starting with a "D", haha).
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Just over five years
    8. Heaviest weight: 178 lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: I'm not sure how much more I can lose?!!??! Is everyone trying to get scary skinny for their weddings?
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running, aerobics, walking my dog
    11. Favorite healthy food: does sushi count?

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: nothing this week, but lost a pound and half after a week's vacation - so trying to keep that up....craving bread and sweets and trying to resist
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my mom calling me yesterday morning to tell me she couldn't sleep the night before because she's so excited her baby girl is getting MARRIED!!! still can't believe it either!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): hiccups already with wedding planning. long story short, my sister has been charged with a DUI (from a long time ago, about 18 months ago) but doesn't have a court date until a few months from now in May so she MAY not be able to enter the states for our wedding, which can NOT happen! If any of you have a little sister that causes the family drama, you will understand how it is kind of annoying that she has managed to be a bigger factor in early wedding plan than me, figures!
    4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: orchids, greens, still very early stages of planning
    5. Any wedding news updates: my best friend will be there with bells on, all the way from the UK, which makes me cry
    6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: oh yes, far too many unfortunately, count everything i eat, limit refined carbs, if i eat something bad, never give up the day or the week or the month, food is like 80% and exercise only about 10% so i don't beat myself up if i can't always get the workouts i want in, but i also know i can weigh the very same and look very different just because of the difference exercise, or lack of it, makes on the way my body looks
    7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: as much as i can, i know it's important, but i'm more of a cardio girl
    8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): no, i wasn't part of this last week, i wish i knew about it though!
    9. Weekly wrap up: planning a wedding is STRESSFUL, so is work, i'll just have to keep running to clear my head and run off steam. so excited to marry my best friend and the love of my life!

Haha, can you tell I'm chatty?

And for this week's challenge, I think I'll go with something that most people will easily enjoy: Moroccan Chicken and Couscous: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moroccan-Chicken-and-Whole-Grain-Couscous/Detail.aspx

Have a fantastic week ladies :)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm not very tech-smart so I just hit reply in hopes that this would qualify as me adding myself? Please someone inform me if there's more I have to do to see updates?

Anyhoo, we're not officially engaged yet, but it is all starting to get exciting as we are planning a destination wedding 11 months from now after finding the perfect place while on vacation a few weeks ago.

1. Name: Krista

Hey there!
    Welcome to the group ! :) we sound alot alike and I'm not engaged yet either ;) but this is a great group of gals and it's really nice that everything is consistent and we keep coming back for more! Please add us all as friends (I'll add you myself) it's another great way for us all to encourage each other. I always brag that I have THE BEST MFP friends, so much so that a couple girls from work even joined MFP for the fabulous support. How long have you been on here?

Well we all look forward to getting to now you. So glad you joined and Good luck!
    Becky
  • kgs0201
    Options

9. Goal weight and date: I'm not sure how much more I can lose?!!??! Is everyone trying to get scary skinny for their weddings?

Hi and welcome to the board! Personally I'm trying to get down to about 135 which for 5'4" isn't really scary skinny (but I'm probably going to keep going after I reach my original 135 goal and try to get down to 130). My wedding is in June so I have a few months and I finally saw a "139.8" on the scale this weekend so I'm getting close! I've been doing the Jillian Michael's videos because I don't want to just be skinny, I want to be tone. My main goal is to have no regrets when I look at my wedding photos and I've also learned so much along the way that I truly feel I'll be able to maintain my weight once the wedding is over.

Speaking for the rest of the group, I think everyone just wants to be in a healthy BMI and look beautiful on their big day!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only 0.3 pounds. I have stalled a bit on the weight loss, but I believe I am losing inches. I only measure myself once a month though.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Don't really remember anything specific, It wasn't a bad week, but just kind of blah.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Had a tense weekend at the grandparents house. Grandmother just had surgery and Grandfather is worthless around the house, so they were at each others' throats all weekend, plus it rained all day so we couldn't escape to the outdoors. haha!

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: I am having mainly blues and white with little accents of yellow and purple. Hope to book my florist this week! yay!

5. Any wedding news updates: Almost done with sending out save-the-dates, also see #4.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: We have stopped ordering appetizers, which is a huge help because my fiance and I love fried mozzarella cheese sticks...not so good for us.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: Oh yeah. I am doing P90X and it is mostly weights and one heck of a workout!

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): Haha...hard to say. I didn't add any additional to our normal workout schedule mainly because I am sure we cover it in the P90X workout. Should have done a final tally, sorry!

9. Weekly wrap up: It was an ok week. I didn't log in Saturday so I ruined my 30 day streak. darn it! Hope that I see a bit more weight-loss this week.

Have a great week everyone! Oh I will have to think about the challenge for this week.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Krista, I am definitely not trying to get super skinny. I am 5'4 and am also aiming for 135 like gainskb. I will take a bit lower, as long as I still look healthy! My dress is too pretty and I don't want people to be distracted by the skeletor bride wearing it. haha!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

wannabrn10 – I laughed at your earlier post about hating to work out in the morning. We sound a lot alike. Not only am I so tired, I rarely ever do it (I just reset the alarm clock!*LOL), but I also feel really stiff in the morning. I can’t even do yoga because it feels terrible!:-P I’m definitely an afternoon person. I noticed that you also are going to be MIA for a while on the boards while you finish up your schooling. We’re just glad you’re keeping things moving for us. The thread is my favorite spot on MFP and I check it every day, even when I’m sick!:-P You can always reply to posts in bulk, like I do!;-)

Shannon, you are too funny! I love reading your "catching up" posts! Glad you like the threads so much! I am super glad I started this board :tongue:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Greenpianokeys – A week at Disney sounds awesome! Are you going to go to Universal and Harry Potter World too?!

Natalie – Good luck with your last semester! You’re going to kick butt! You’re obviously very organized and on top of things! Also the birth control issues you are having – I just refuse to take any at this point. I always gain weight on them and I just don’t like how I feel. So my fiancé and I just use good old condoms.. lol I tell him it will just make it that much more exciting when we’re ready for kids :-P

Have you been to Harry Potter world? I went there last summer. It was awesome! I did think it was a little small though. But you burn a ton of cal getting there because it is at the very back of the park!

Thanks for the good wishes! I can't wait to be done! I am hoping that I dont gain any weight while making a switch with the whole BC thing. I guess we will see how it goes!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Hi and welcome to the board! Personally I'm trying to get down to about 135 which for 5'4" isn't really scary skinny (but I'm probably going to keep going after I reach my original 135 goal and try to get down to 130). My wedding is in June so I have a few months and I finally saw a "139.8" on the scale this weekend so I'm getting close! I've been doing the Jillian Michael's videos because I don't want to just be skinny, I want to be tone. My main goal is to have no regrets when I look at my wedding photos and I've also learned so much along the way that I truly feel I'll be able to maintain my weight once the wedding is over.

Speaking for the rest of the group, I think everyone just wants to be in a healthy BMI and look beautiful on their big day!

Kristen, I agree with you. We are all here to look healthy on our wedding day. I am over weight and I started losing a bit of weight even before I was engaged because I wanted to be just healthy. But now I will look amazing in a wedding dress and have a healthy body!!
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only 0.5 pounds. Feel like I should be losing more since I’ve gotten much better with my eating and have been working out like a madwoman but I will still take it. Plus I can tell my body is looking better so I know I should just focus more on that than the number on the scale. (So much easier said than done but I will try!)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): FH and I finally started painting his house (we’ve been talking about doing it for years). We painted the living room yesterday and planning to paint the kitchen this week. Exciting for me b/c we’re working on making it “our home” rather than just his when we start living together after we get married. Oh yeah, and Carolina beating Duke on Saturday night was a highlight too (that’s where the heels in my screen name comes from :wink: )

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The scale not moving put me in a terrible mood a couple days (TOM probably had something to do with it too). But I guess the silver lining is I didn’t just give up on myself and eat a bunch of junk like I have done in the past.

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: Colors are going to be Carolina Blue and Khaki. Meeting with the florist at the end of the month to figure out flowers but I definitely want hydrangeas.

5. Any wedding news updates: My FSIL’s want to throw a shower for me so we started working on scheduling it.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I am a bit of a foodie so I try not to restrict myself from anything when we go out, but rules of thumb I tend to follow are stay away from things that say fried or pan-seared, and anything with a cream sauce. I also always order my dressing on the side. I allow myself to try everything but just try not to overdo it. I let FH order fries and just have a couple of his rather than having them on my own plate.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: These days only in my boot camp class. I played soccer in college and had to lift all the time back then but I really don’t do hard core lifting anymore.

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): Great! Although it was halfway through the week until I remembered to do it (lol), but I did get it done by Saturday. And it helped me see that on a morning or evening when I don’t have the time to workout there’s always time to get a few sets of situps and pushups in.

9. Weekly wrap up: Probably my best week so far eating and workout wise even if the scale did not reflect that. Just planning to stick with it again this week!

Hope all of you beautiful brides have a great week!

-Mandy