30 Day Shred for Lent (9th March - 8th April)

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Okay, I've done my 2nd day of level 2 (I try very hard to do it every day but it's difficult sometimes!). I had been on my Couch to 5k training run in the morning so I was very shattered. Can't say that I put as much effort into it as I did with Level 1, when I got used to it, but I DID IT!!!!!

The squats with V raises are a killer. I have to lower my weights - 1lb instead of 2lbs.

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Hello fellow Shredders... Am I the only one posting????

Please come back, I feel very lonely:sad:

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    I am still here! I dont come on my computer much on the weekend because I'm not at my desk :D

I have updated our 2 measurments but will wait it out till tomorrow in the hope that other will update theirs too.

I am really struggling with the V raises on Level two it really burns :( but we CAN do this!

Exx
  • looby1968
    I am still here! I dont come on my computer much on the weekend because I'm not at my desk :D

I have updated our 2 measurments but will wait it out till tomorrow in the hope that other will update theirs too.

I am really struggling with the V raises on Level two it really burns :( but we CAN do this!

Exx

I hate those V raises!!!!

Did another day today and boy was I sweaty!!!!!! I HATE LEVEL2!!!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • getting the hang of level 2 now, it's a good feeling when you start it and just can't do something then after a few days you can ;-)
    gonna give level 3 a go tonight so I don't get bored, today is my 16th day. x
  • looby1968
    getting the hang of level 2 now, it's a good feeling when you start it and just can't do something then after a few days you can ;-)
    gonna give level 3 a go tonight so I don't get bored, today is my 16th day. x

I've done level 2 three times now and it still hurts! I will be sticking to it for the full 10 days!

Well done on your stamina!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    I feel like I sweat and work out a lot more when I jog (usually 30-45 mins) so 20 minutes doesn't seem to be enough for me to break a sweat. The weights hurts no doubt as I've only focused on cardio in the past.

The only reason why I'm doing the 30 day shred is because I've messed up my knee from jogging and needed an alternative form of exercise. I'm going to brave it and do level 1 + 2!! eek!

Well done to those who are hanging on in there!!! Best of luck!!! :)
  • looby1968
    I feel like I sweat and work out a lot more when I jog (usually 30-45 mins) so 20 minutes doesn't seem to be enough for me to break a sweat. The weights hurts no doubt as I've only focused on cardio in the past.

The only reason why I'm doing the 30 day shred is because I've messed up my knee from jogging and needed an alternative form of exercise. I'm going to brave it and do level 1 + 2!! eek!

Well done to those who are hanging on in there!!! Best of luck!!! :)

Best of luck to you, both 1+2 together!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    My girlies were out after school so as I was on my lonesome, I did my Shred!!!

It's much warmer here in the UK, so there was a lot more sweat. I'm going to have to break out my tower fans!!!

I think it was slightly better, but those planks still kill me and the V raises!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • oh my days Level 3 is hard.... x
  • looby1968
    oh my days Level 3 is hard.... x

Okay, I have 6 days to get better at level 2 before the further agony of level 3!!!! Urgh!!!!!

On a brighter note, it's working!!!!! I had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and I'm down another 2.5lbs, since Monday.

LouiseXXX
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    I am grounded :(
    Managed to pick up an issue with my knee, even after warm ups.
    Jumping jacks = instant cramp.
    Rested for four days, hoping to try modified level 1 tonight.
    If that works I will stay on level one for rest of lent and then re-assess.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Thanks Louise and well done for losing 2.5 lbs! I did level 1 + 2 yesterday and my muscles are aching! Weight has not dropped and I think I'm reaching a plateau *sob*I will persist this week because I'm dying to reach 125-126 lbs this week. Currently fluctuating between 127-128. urgh.
  • elainio
    shred2.jpg

well done all. I am having a really busy week with work but have managed to fit my shred in every day. I still find level 2 very hard...I hope I get better soon :S

Ex
  • looby1968
    Did another day of level 2. It's still hard work but it IS going to get better!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    I really didn't want to do the shred today...but I have just completed it. I sweated sooooo much but got through it. I am now half way thro the 30 days! I hope the last 15 fly in lol.

Exxx
  • so have finished level 2 now, got 10 days of level 3 to do and I know it's really hard cos I did it for 1 day.... oh well, I thought the other 2 levels were hard when I started them so hopefully I'll get through the next 10 days ;-)
  • looby1968
    I'm going to need to do level 2 for a few more days. I've missed it for 4 days now!!!!! I need to get back on it!!!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Okay, managed a sneaky sesh in just before I picked up my girlies and, after not doing it for 4 days, I found it ever so slightly easier.

I'm going to see how I get on for the next few days, then move on to level 3!

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    20 days done and dusted! I 2/3 of the way there and moving on to level 3!! I didn't think j would get this far with no breaks so refuse to give up on the final stretch.

Bring on level 3 woooop

E xxx
This discussion has been closed.