Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's really good, its tough I know...but just tell yourself. Just for Today I'll go to the Gym, just today for 30 min...once are in there you might even want to do the whole hour. I think the hardest part is puting your foot on the door. So keep it up girl. :wink:
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am getting where I hate food, Like a total non interest in it what so ever...... Today was so bad, I had the worst heart burn of my life! It totally burnt my throat and now when I try to drink or eat it feels like razors going down.... I'm so going to the doctors tomorrow... Its 9pm here and I've only had like 100 calories today, blah, I feel like going to bed...

Oh no don't do that, you know that not eating only makes things worse, I know how you feel but trust me is not the way to go, not only you are slowing down your metabolism but also hurting your stomach. Believe me is not fun dealing with an ulcer! just take it one day at the time, plan and prepare your meals the night before and log it before you eat it. That way you know that's all the food you'll get to eat for the entire day...and if you plan it right...it's plenty of food. =) So hang in there.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey folks,

One of the mental approaches that seems to work for me about 95% of the time is to tell myself that I can eat a cheeseburger or french fries or whatever, just not today. I might say "I'll have one tomorrow or the next day" as part of my mental conversation with the demon. I find that it helps me deal with weaker moments that I have and I normally don't end up taking the bite today or the next day. I also don't go crazy thinking I can never have these kinds of foods. I can eat anything I want. Just not today.

Cheers and good thoughts to all of us!

What a fabulous idea!!
    I will be checking in time to time with this topic..SW:250 CW:238 GW: 140
    Anyone thats wants to be a friend, I invite one and all :smile:
    I know I need all the support I can get and I will offer it right back!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    i've been busy for a while and am just catching this thread..
    i have about 100 lbs left to lose.. when i do lose that much, i won't be "skinny" but at least not as huge as i am now and at a much more appropriate weight for my body! i am sick of being the fat one in the group - two of my closest friends are tiny. i'm sick of having clothing that just hangs and looks crappy!!

since joining this site i have been holding myself accountable, thinking twice before i eat, and making good choices. everyone that asks me if i am on a diet i tell no! i'm not on a diet, because they don't work and they are temporary. this is my new lifestyle. i eat healthy, good food. i am finding that there is so much really good really healthy food that i have overlooked all these years. i am also finding that i can still go with my friends for dinner, i just find something on the menu that is healthy. i have cut out fried foods, red meat, and rarely drink pop or coffee. water has become my best friend!

despite how great i feel, the energy i have, the 20 lbs. i have lost, etc. i am still feeling worried because i don't see a difference. i don't get people asking if i lost anything, my clothes aren't noticeably looser, and i don't feel lighter like i have previously when losing weight. i stupidly forgot to measure myself when starting my weightloss and keep forgetting to go get a measuring tape!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hi me agian
    I'm just checking in, I lost 2 ounds this week and hope to lose 2 this week.

Thanks for all the support ladies:heart:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That's really good, its tough I know...but just tell yourself. Just for Today I'll go to the Gym, just today for 30 min...once are in there you might even want to do the whole hour. I think the hardest part is puting your foot on the door. So keep it up girl. :wink:

I went today and ended up on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH for 1 hour and the elliptical for 20 minutes, so I think I made up for atleast one day last week. And I plan on going again tomorrow. I did so great on food today too. I am going to have some strawberries and ligth whipped cream right now but other then the whipped cream today has been one of my best.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have over 60 pounds to lose.....I hope I can lose it. I am a little discouraged right now because the scale has yet to change in a few weeks. I have lost 17 already which is great but I just want more, y'know. Just wanted to say hi.
  • teacher3506
    teacher3506 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Before I eat something that is not healthy, I try to calculate how much exercise I would need to burn it off. When I think of this, I usually don't eat the food. Don't give up!

Wendy

77508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    i've been busy for a while and am just catching this thread..
    i have about 100 lbs left to lose.. when i do lose that much, i won't be "skinny" but at least not as huge as i am now and at a much more appropriate weight for my body! i am sick of being the fat one in the group - two of my closest friends are tiny. i'm sick of having clothing that just hangs and looks crappy!!

since joining this site i have been holding myself accountable, thinking twice before i eat, and making good choices. everyone that asks me if i am on a diet i tell no! i'm not on a diet, because they don't work and they are temporary. this is my new lifestyle. i eat healthy, good food. i am finding that there is so much really good really healthy food that i have overlooked all these years. i am also finding that i can still go with my friends for dinner, i just find something on the menu that is healthy. i have cut out fried foods, red meat, and rarely drink pop or coffee. water has become my best friend!

despite how great i feel, the energy i have, the 20 lbs. i have lost, etc. i am still feeling worried because i don't see a difference. i don't get people asking if i lost anything, my clothes aren't noticeably looser, and i don't feel lighter like i have previously when losing weight. i stupidly forgot to measure myself when starting my weightloss and keep forgetting to go get a measuring tape!

I totally understand what you are going through! Thats why, Everytime I look at my 10 month old daughter, I think to myself "Christy, do you want to live to see her grow up, go to prom, college, get married?" And that keeps me going for the day. Plus my life is in a better place than it was before. I'm going to share something personal with you and everyone, In january, I found out that my husband of 6 years was cheating on me with a girl at work while I was at home taking care of our new baby and that it had been going on since Nov of the following year, which would only be 2 months after the birth of our first child together. It was bad, when I say bad, I mean I went into a dark place, I started drinking heavy and eating compulsive and hanging out with the wrong crowd ec... Well after speaking with the woman who broke our happy family up or so I thought, she vowed to not speak with him anymore because infact he lied to her about me and our relationship. So time goes by and I ask my husband to not bring our daughter around whom ever he dates and ofcourse not ever the woman, Well in march I look at his cell phone and find her name over and over and infact he had been "back" with her, telling her I said it was ok! anyways, After that I got worse and then she called me and a light went off over my head, We both opened up to eachother, her being younger than I and how bad she felt ec... And after that she dropped him like a bad habit, Then I started to use all of it as fuel to better myself, I cut out the drinking, I started walking and dressing up and I got a job and I spent all my time with our daughter and while I was bettering myself I realised that infact it was alot about how I acted that pushed my husband away and when he seen the better me, the more confident me we both sat down and started to work things out and do a "trial" period, well its almost Aug and we are doing the best we ever did and I am feeling better everyday! So after this long rant, hahahaha I just want you to know that NO MATTER WHAT, you can be a better you! That there is a better place, and I will be here for all of you on this long road! I am starting to care for each and everyone of you and I check in to this thread to see how you are doing and I AM PROUD OF YOU GUYS AND GALS!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hi! I have over 60 pounds to lose.....I hope I can lose it. I am a little discouraged right now because the scale has yet to change in a few weeks. I have lost 17 already which is great but I just want more, y'know. Just wanted to say hi.

I would recommend measuring yourself, sometimes you loose inches instead of weight and sometimes you loose the weight "fat" inside your body before it shows on the outside, but I wat you to hold your head up high and KEEP GOING! YOU are WORTH it!!!!!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options

I went today and ended up on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH for 1 hour and the elliptical for 20 minutes, so I think I made up for atleast one day last week. And I plan on going again tomorrow. I did so great on food today too. I am going to have some strawberries and ligth whipped cream right now but other then the whipped cream today has been one of my best.

WOW!:bigsmile: You are doing it! You are working your sexy self and making a life change thats better for you! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hey Gang, Just weighed in with a loss of 2.6 lbs over the last week. I am pretty happy.:happy:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! WAY TO GO! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!
    :love: I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    HEYYYYYYY.... IM WAYYYY DOWN HERE...... BUT WAYYYYY UPPP ON THE SCALE.... I STARTED WEIGHT WATCHERS... BACK IN MAY I BELEIVE.. AND NOW IVE BEEN DOING MFP FOR ABOUT I GUESS 2 MONTHS MAYBE A LITTLE LESS.. IVE LOST 19 HOPEFULLY 20 OR MORE AT WEIGH IN TOMORROW.... AND I STILL HAVE 53... TO GO TO MY COMFORT GOAL... I MIGHT LOSE MORE DEPENDING IF IM HAPPY AT THAT 70 SOME POUNDS......... AND FOR THE GIRL WHO WEIGHS HER SELF MORE THEN ONCE A DAY... JUST DO IT IN THE MORNING NAKED AND BEFORE YOU EAT.... THATS ACCUATE... OTHER TIMES.. YOU HAVE EATEN... AND HAD DRINKS ( ADDS WEIGHT.) WHEN YOU MOVE AROUND ALL DAY.. YOU ABSORBE FLUID... WEIGH YOUSELF ONLY ONCE ... ONLY ONCE.. SAME TIME OF DAY...MIGHT HELP YOU BETTER MENTALLY .... DONT BE TO HARD ON YOUSELF!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    HEYYYYYYY.... IM WAYYYY DOWN HERE...... BUT WAYYYYY UPPP ON THE SCALE.... I STARTED WEIGHT WATCHERS... BACK IN MAY I BELEIVE.. AND NOW IVE BEEN DOING MFP FOR ABOUT I GUESS 2 MONTHS MAYBE A LITTLE LESS.. IVE LOST 19 HOPEFULLY 20 OR MORE AT WEIGH IN TOMORROW.... AND I STILL HAVE 53... TO GO TO MY COMFORT GOAL... I MIGHT LOSE MORE DEPENDING IF IM HAPPY AT THAT 70 SOME POUNDS......... AND FOR THE GIRL WHO WEIGHS HER SELF MORE THEN ONCE A DAY... JUST DO IT IN THE MORNING NAKED AND BEFORE YOU EAT.... THATS ACCUATE... OTHER TIMES.. YOU HAVE EATEN... AND HAD DRINKS ( ADDS WEIGHT.) WHEN YOU MOVE AROUND ALL DAY.. YOU ABSORBE FLUID... WEIGH YOUSELF ONLY ONCE ... ONLY ONCE.. SAME TIME OF DAY...MIGHT HELP YOU BETTER MENTALLY .... DONT BE TO HARD ON YOUSELF!

I agree! I used to be scale-aholic! But Now I force myself to weigh in every week to two weeks! And it helps, ALOT!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym again today. Only 20 minutes on the eliptical this time, but I made it thats the most important part.
  • shaye
    shaye Posts: 4
    Options
    hello, im new to this site and im going for losing 100 pounds...
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok.. SO I have been extramly off the charts.. I am going crazy cuz I KNOW I can do this.. I have done it before.. BUT I get discouraged easily and when my feelings get hurt I tend to find my self well, not doing well and just eating whatever anyone else is.. I cant do that, My body wont let me I gain weight faster than anyone I know, and also, I don't belive that it takes only 3500 cals to gain a lbs.. i believe for me its a whole lot less. I put in everything I eat and for me to gain back what I have, its impossible with the 3500 cals, BUT whatever, Im just venting and hoping to take it one day at a time.. man i feel like a food a holic..lol wait i am... but not that bad... sheesh... thanks for listening and hopfully my will power will come back. :P
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Ok.. SO I have been extramly off the charts.. I am going crazy cuz I KNOW I can do this.. I have done it before.. BUT I get discouraged easily and when my feelings get hurt I tend to find my self well, not doing well and just eating whatever anyone else is.. I cant do that, My body wont let me I gain weight faster than anyone I know, and also, I don't belive that it takes only 3500 cals to gain a lbs.. i believe for me its a whole lot less. I put in everything I eat and for me to gain back what I have, its impossible with the 3500 cals, BUT whatever, Im just venting and hoping to take it one day at a time.. man i feel like a food a holic..lol wait i am... but not that bad... sheesh... thanks for listening and hopfully my will power will come back. :P

You have the tools to make this a life lesson. I think it might be easier for you if you pre package meals and snacks and to not focus on just food in life, Like, Say, Finding a new hobbie you are interested in trying so that it can take up your time. Also long bath's and trying new adventures. Anything that might diverse a craving. A good idea is to take a picture of yourself, now and then go to a store you love and buy an outfit that you wish to fit in, like sexy undies or what not and then put the picture on the fridge and get a sticky hook and hand the outfit beside it as a reminder of your goal.
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    hello, im new to this site and im going for losing 100 pounds...

YAY! Thanks for joining! You can do this!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

You have the tools to make this a life lesson. I think it might be easier for you if you pre package meals and snacks and to not focus on just food in life, Like, Say, Finding a new hobbie you are interested in trying so that it can take up your time. Also long bath's and trying new adventures. Anything that might diverse a craving. A good idea is to take a picture of yourself, now and then go to a store you love and buy an outfit that you wish to fit in, like sexy undies or what not and then put the picture on the fridge and get a sticky hook and hand the outfit beside it as a reminder of your goal.
    Thanks for listening... food is always a problem since i work in a resturaunt, and No matter whats going on .. ITS EATING TIME .. ugh... i do lots of things to keep my self busy.... its when im doing other things with other people I have the problem.. If i stayed home I d loose tons of weight cuz i know what foods ih ave adn what i can eat.. my prob comes when I leave the house for more than a few hours...lol... ex... Going to my bf dads house an hour a way, eatin before we go but after being there for awhile its dinner time and oh they order out... (shes a terrible cook his dads wife) lol... But I thank you for lookingout for me... I am capeable of doing it... I just hate being so mean to people when i do it.
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: