~ 30 Day Shred ~

Options

Replies

• jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i was supposed to be on a "board" that started today but I'm having trouble finding that group!?!

I just started my first day of Jillian's 30 day shred. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be! I was sort of preparing myself with the 5 minute abs/arms/butt apps on droid. thats a nice 15 minute quick workout!

Also, I think her 5 DVD set is a lot harder and longer. So after just one day I am looking forward to moving along.
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Day 4 Level 1. I'm starting to feel my endurance growing.. now as sore as I was the first 3 days lol. I do mine after work each day :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, D13 I believe (or LV2D3) I'll join..i love having shred support. I took a day off Saturday as a skip day since March has 31 days.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, Day 5 level 1 done - Also did 20 mins on the treadmill!!

Having a bit of tummy troubles lately - upset stomach almost all the time - no matter what I do. Thinking Acid reflux - but not sure. But one of the symptons is a very noisey tummy. It rumbles very loud , plus alot of burping and hic-cups. Besides the burning and just upset stomach symptons. I eat healthy most of the time - never had a problem with dairy before - so not sure what is going on. Any opinions?

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Good morning! L1D2 for me! Sure am feeling it today...and loving every minute of it! My 5 year old son was up earlier than normal and joined in. He wanted me to relinquish my weights to him.....lol....slow down there buddy! :smile:
  • sparrow747
    Options
    hi all! i started 30DS last thursday, so im on the same timeline as you. i had to take sunday off because i pulled a muscle in my calf (ugh i think it was from those lunges/arm curls), but was all healed up and back at it yesterday for day 4. i have the most trouble with the jump rope reps (i think im too clumsy for it somehow) but was thrilled to get through them yesterday! i usually do 30ds after work, before dinner. i took a quick photo on my starting day at 230lbs and am looking forward to posting results (eek) in 25 days.
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    Just finished LV1D6 today. I graduated myself to some soup cans from the soda cans I was using as weights. I've been able to mostly keep up with the jump rope and jumping jacks now. It's neat to see the rewards already in such a short span of time.

Lobster888- I am having the EXACT thing going on with me and I have no idea what it is either!!! It seems to be milk that might be bothering me though...I got some Lactaid pills amd it does seem to at least reduce the tummy issues when I have my daily small glass of milk.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    jojowink -- Good job on your first day! What size weights are you using?

Cuddles2523 -- Great job! Keep building on that stamina -- doesn't it feel great?!

WalkingGirl1985 -- Thanks for joining! You're doing an awesome job!

lobster888 -- Not sure what's up with the tummy problems, but I hope you're feeling better now. Keep up the good work! I did 20 minutes on the treadmill today, too!

rebecky27 -- Your five year old sounds adorable! Isn't it great, knowing we're setting a good example for our little ones?!

sparrow747 -- Keep up the great work! Glad your calf is back to normal again. I'm excited for the "after" photos & results, too!

FierceFeline -- Great job! Movin' on up with the weights, awesome! Keep it up!

I did Day 6 Level 1 this evening, after a 20 minute run on the treadmill this morning. I'm feeing GREAT! Those butt kicks this evening -- with my left heel, I actually DID make contact with my butt tonight -- woo hoo! :-D The push ups are slowly getting easier, still doing the modified ones, as my arms have always been a weak spot for me. Still truckin'! Day 7 bright and early tomorrow morning. Have a great evening, all of you!
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i am using 5lbs- sometimes they feel too light and other times too heavy. saw on here that people do switch it up from 3lb to 5lb. I wasn't sure if I should stick with the same all through the workout or not. I would like to look toned...not like the HULK! But even after day 2, i am starting to love my arms already. I've always had a bit of obsession with those, so I've been doing push ups for sometime now. I have been doing the "girl" push up for so long I can't even imagine graduating to the "real" push up - that would be a GREAT DAY!!

MaryThelceCube- try not to hurt yourself on those butt kicks!!

all- do you not crack up when she says in level 1.."you dig?"
  • irma1974
    irma1974 Posts: 5
    Options
    I know..I want to know what is all the fuss about this DVD too. I guess it really gets results.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 30 day shred complete!!! Feeling really good with the workout. Started the boy push ups today and I moved up to the advance on everything else. Still have a little trouble with front raises - side lunges. I have to reduce my weights on the second round. My arms get too tired and my form get bad... so four more days at this level and I will be ready for level 2!!!!

I also did 20 mins on the treadmill right after.

Thanks Mary - If I continue to have issues I will have to go to the doctor...

Fierce - sorry you are having issues too - it is not fun.

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!!!
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    I know..I want to know what is all the fuss about this DVD too. I guess it really gets results.

It does work, along with maintaining a healthy diet. It seems to kickstart a lot of us to lose weight. I've lost 3-4 pounds in a week so far.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Question: for those of us that are bigger....does anyone have a hard time with boobs & stomach pain from jumping jacks and jump rope?? It feels like someone is trying to pull mine off!

Totally - I am very large chested and I was doing 1-arm jumping jacks just so I could hold my boobs in. Yesterday I put on my smallest bra, then wrapped a piece of knit fabric (t-shirt fabric) that I had (it's about 8" by 36") around my chest several times really tight. Totally worked! I was able to do all of the cardio because my boobs weren't bouncing all around!

Here's a thread with some really good suggestions on sports bras. They even share the name of the brand used on the Biggest Loser.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/193383-any-suggestions-for-a-supportive-sports-bra
  • skarolewski36
    Options
    I have the new DVD the 30 Day Shred and have started that. I am on level 2 so far. I will join with you for the month! It will be nice to have some extra motivation!!:happy:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i am using 5lbs- sometimes they feel too light and other times too heavy. saw on here that people do switch it up from 3lb to 5lb. I wasn't sure if I should stick with the same all through the workout or not. I would like to look toned...not like the HULK! But even after day 2, i am starting to love my arms already. I've always had a bit of obsession with those, so I've been doing push ups for sometime now. I have been doing the "girl" push up for so long I can't even imagine graduating to the "real" push up - that would be a GREAT DAY!!

MaryThelceCube- try not to hurt yourself on those butt kicks!!

all- do you not crack up when she says in level 1.."you dig?"

I'm on day 10 Level 1 (Switching to level2 tomorrow yikes!) I've now started using 3 sets of weights. It's crazy how quickly your body adapts and gets stronger with this program. I use the 5lbs for the squats and raises, and first set opf the lunges and rows then switch to 8lbs for the 2nd set and the chest curls. Now those side lunges and arm raises?? 3lbs and they are still kiling me.
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    I attempted to start the 30 day shred a week ago. I got 3 days into it and I was so exhausted and the more I tried to do it the harder it seemed to follow along. I'd like to start it up again, but maybe should do it lightly lol good luck!
  • polly111
    polly111 Posts: 5
    Options
    I will join to. I am a bit behind you guys, I am on day 3 level 1. I am finding it great, i actually enjoy doing it.
    It is the only fitness DVD that I know I will get up and do in the morning its great.
  • sparrow747
    Options
    Finished Day 5 last night! Jillian was right... it is getting easier!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sounds like you're all doing well!! Keep it up! It DOES get easier the more you stick with it, as sparrow747 said! :)

I must confess, I missed Shredding yesterday. I got up late, again. Boo! And, I just plain ran out of time yesterday evening. However, I got up first thing this morning and Shredded, and I plan to pull a double -- either another round of Level 1 this evening, or a double round of Level 1 either Friday or Saturday, so I'll still be on track to start Level 2 on Sunday. I'm determined to stay on track!!

Have a GREAT St. Patrick's Day, all of you!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 7 level 1 - 30 day shred - Actually did a little better with the boy push ups this morning.Those front raises and side lunges are killing me!!!! I wanted to go up in weights - but... then i felt it strain in my neck - meaning not good form - so back down. But everything else is going very good. Can keep up with Natalie....

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!