Singles thread top 10

Options
1235»

Replies

• bahrainbel
    bahrainbel Posts: 194
    Options
    so, as I don't "Love God" would I be discounted right away? I'm very curious.

I don't want to get into a faith based arguement. We all have our preferences when dating. My bets friend is muslim. His wife is catholic. They class alot over faith. So if I date someone seriosuly I would want us to both have the same core beliefs. Now would I causually date a non christian? Maybe. If I liked her personality and she loved kids, yes. Would i marry a non christian? No. Thats just my preference.

Interesting, I suppose it's the same, I wouldn't seriously date a Christian, or casually for that matter. Preference.

See its all good. We are all different and that makes us all beautiful.

LOL! I was having a bad day and cruising for a fight, I understand why people would choose to only date within their religion, but was being flippant. Your last comment completely pacified me. Good luck finding your ideal woman :-)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    so, as I don't "Love God" would I be discounted right away? I'm very curious.

I don't want to get into a faith based arguement. We all have our preferences when dating. My bets friend is muslim. His wife is catholic. They class alot over faith. So if I date someone seriosuly I would want us to both have the same core beliefs. Now would I causually date a non christian? Maybe. If I liked her personality and she loved kids, yes. Would i marry a non christian? No. Thats just my preference.

Interesting, I suppose it's the same, I wouldn't seriously date a Christian, or casually for that matter. Preference.

See its all good. We are all different and that makes us all beautiful.

LOL! I was having a bad day and cruising for a fight, I understand why people would choose to only date within their religion, but was being flippant. Your last comment completely pacified me. Good luck finding your ideal woman :-)

We can still fight about the yankees if you want to? :-)
  • bahrainbel
    bahrainbel Posts: 194
    Options
    I would need to know something about baseball for us to do that..................they are a baseball team, right? Ignorant Brit, I'm afraid.
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    I would need to know something about baseball for us to do that..................they are a baseball team, right? Ignorant Brit, I'm afraid.

Lol, ok then... I disagree with the ignorant Brit thing but you pick a subject, pm me with it and we will have a hugen knock down arguement.
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Bump for all of the singles out there. :-)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Guess the thread died. Rest in peace thread.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Guess the thread died. Rest in peace thread.

I'm sure it can be resurrected... lol!
  • jeneren
    jeneren Posts: 10
    Options
    Ok, the kids are asleep, the house is clean and I am bored. So I thought I would make a thread for us singles (especialy us single parents). Lol is my list crazy? This is what i am looking for in a woman. What does everyone elses list look like?

1. Must love God.

2. Must love kids.

3. Must be kind, funny and faithful.

4. Must like country music or at least tolerate it.

5. Your perfect evening should be spending time playing with the kids (I have 2) and then cuddle time when they go to bed.

6. You shouldn't cheat at candyland.

7. You should not hate the Yankees. Loving the Yankees is preferable.

8. If you should choose to cheat at candyland be willing to accept that you will be tackled and tickled by the kids.

9. Must be willing to catch a waffle if i through it at you. Or in other words you must be ready for anything.

10. Must absolutely adore and love kids.

There is my silly little list. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Love,
    Ed

I like the idea of your list - being Australian I have no idea what 6 & 7 mean LOL...and country music is scary :wink:

Jen
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    1. Must be agnostic or an atheist (but not the obnoxious sort of atheist who's just the opposite side of the coin from being obnoxiously religious).

2. Politically, must be leftist/progressive, particularly concerning social issues such as equal marriage rights (though that's pretty much a given in a same sex relationship :wink:), reproductive rights, feminisim, anti-racism/classism, social justice, etc.

3. Has to love animals, particularly cats, given my hoard of them. :laugh:

4. This is shallow, but has to be femme - nothing against women who aren't, I'm just not attracted to women who aren't feminine.

5. Needs to love city life and plan to stay in Toronto permanently.

6. Has to have a university degree, or be working on one.

7. Should have a sense of humour similar to mine (i.e. dry, sarcastic, kind of cynical and dark).

8. Must be intelligent in a particular way (as in, reads real literature as opposed to crap like Twilight and is well read, is knowledgable in a certain area/areas of interest and in general, has an extensive vocabulary and is well-spoken, types using proper grammar, spelling, capitalisation and punctuation aside from occasional typos or minor grammatical mistakes, can carry on an engaging conversation about politics, world issues, social matters, etc., genuinely loves learning new things, etc.

9. Is fun. Spontaneously taking a vacation, staying up all night talking just because, being comfortable with nerdy activities, that kind of thing.

10. Must be cool with waiting until our late thirties to mid-forties to have a kid, and okay with having just one.

:heart: -- Juliet

ETA: I didn't include things like not cheating, honesty, treating me with respect, etc. because those go without saying for me.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Bump! I want to see more peoples' lists, we only have 5 or 6 of them in here!

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok let's see:

1. Must be a Christian.

2. Must not drink or do drugs.

3. Must be a conservative.

4. Must accept me just as I am,

5. Must have a good sense of humor.

6. Must not be a cheater or be disrespectful.

7. Must be willing to stay in the relationship during the bad times as well as the good times.

8. Must have a car and a driver's license because I don't.

9. Must like cats because I have two.

10. Must be able to make decisions.

I can think of more but I stopped at 10. :bigsmile:
  • locomotion
    Options
    1. Must be agnostic or an atheist (but not the obnoxious sort of atheist who's just the opposite side of the coin from being obnoxiously religious).

2. Politically, must be leftist/progressive, particularly concerning social issues such as equal marriage rights (though that's pretty much a given in a same sex relationship :wink:), reproductive rights, feminisim, anti-racism/classism, social justice, etc.

3. Has to love animals, particularly cats, given my hoard of them. :laugh:

4. This is shallow, but has to be femme - nothing against women who aren't, I'm just not attracted to women who aren't feminine.

5. Needs to love city life and plan to stay in Toronto permanently.

6. Has to have a university degree, or be working on one.

7. Should have a sense of humour similar to mine (i.e. dry, sarcastic, kind of cynical and dark).

8. Must be intelligent in a particular way (as in, reads real literature as opposed to crap like Twilight and is well read, is knowledgable in a certain area/areas of interest and in general, has an extensive vocabulary and is well-spoken, types using proper grammar, spelling, capitalisation and punctuation aside from occasional typos or minor grammatical mistakes, can carry on an engaging conversation about politics, world issues, social matters, etc., genuinely loves learning new things, etc.

9. Is fun. Spontaneously taking a vacation, staying up all night talking just because, being comfortable with nerdy activities, that kind of thing.

10. Must be cool with waiting until our late thirties to mid-forties to have a kid, and okay with having just one.

ETA: I didn't include things like not cheating, honesty, treating me with respect, etc. because those go without saying for me.

Ooh.. this is almost exactly my list! :bigsmile: except..

3. Must love animals, particularly reptiles and dogs.

4. Has to be femme if you are female, and macho if you are a male. I like both equally. :ohwell:

5. Needs to love city life.

And just like to add, has to be more logical, rational, and objective than emotional because I don't get people who are overly emotional.. they scare and confuses me.. :embarassed: