Poll: Are you throwing out your "fat" clothes?

Options
I am just curious as to how many of you are throwing out the clothes that no longer fit you (by throwing out, I mean recycling, giving away, garage sale etc.) or are you folding them up nice and keeping them in a box in your basement?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Gone. Out of the house.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm generally always between sizes so I keep the smallest I fit in and the size I fit in when I'm feeling fat. Lol. Anything larger gets donated. No need to keep them since I'm never planning on not putting my health as a priority ever again. :flowerforyou:
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Give them or throw them, don't wanna have that size energy in my house LOL!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    They are out of here. My rule is if I put weight on, I better have some cash because I'll have to replace them!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I usually give mine away. I have kept one pair of pants and a top so that when I reach my goal then I can look back at what I was wearing and be amazed!

Barb
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    They are out of here. My rule is if I put weight on, I better have some cash because I'll have to replace them!

I love this rule! Maybe that is my problem. :)
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Some I've had altered, some sold to a resale shop, and others donated to the local Womens Shelter.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Keeping mine, I'm only planning to drop a size, two at the max.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I gave some away. I still have a ton in bags in the basement.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    hell yes!!!!!! i will never see them again!!!!!!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Mine are ALL still hanging in my closet, neatly organized and never worn. I'll get around to donating them/selling them at the resale shop eventually......... ME = LAZY! :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Funny you should ask....
    I just packed up my last size of clothes and they are sitting in a big garbage bag in the back of my car. I am gifting them to some co-workers I walk with this week. I have a hard time parting with my clothes. I love them all. But as my husband puts it, "we'll get you new ones honey!" and that always makes me smile! It's hard to part with them when you wonder if you will gain back weight and need them. I did that before, and it was hard. But I thouroughly detest having 4 different sized wardrobes in my closet just because I do not have control over myself. So I have banished that practice and I am sticking to 2 now. 1 for my really sassy self(skin tight and raring to go), and one for when I dont feel good (TOM, sick etc...) mostly looser fitting, but all within the same 2 sizes. The rest are outta here!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have been giving them away to friends or donating them. The last time I went through my closet was last fall. I have lost another 20 pounds since then, so I think it is time to try on and clean out again. I have a few things that are still wearable, maybe just a tad big and I'm not sure what I will do with those.
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    I like to experiment with sewing sometimes and I have two nieces who love playing dress up so the clothes that are too tattered to be given away I like to use as practise and make little outfits for the girls to put on plays, they love dressing up, no clothes are going to waste and best of all I get to laugh my butt (and other places) off watching their skits!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I already got rid of most of them. But as I get smaller I am going to start "gifting" them here...

http://www.greatclothingexchange.com/
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    hell yes!!!!!! i will never see them again!!!!!!

I love your attitude!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Already GONE. And I'm just getting started really. I just gave away to charity 8 gigantic Hefty bags full of clothes I would never ever want to wear again. I am never going back to those big baggy clothes. They no longer represent my future.
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Have boxes and boxes of old clothes that don't fit anymore. They are in the garage. I will give them to goodwill as soon as I have the time. I AM NOT GOING BACK!!
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I usually keep 2 sizes in my closet. The other ones are OUT
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I still have mine, but they are bagged up and ready to be given away. I only kept my largest size pair of pants so that I will have something to remind me of where I came from.