Poll: Are you throwing out your "fat" clothes?

Options

Replies

• flutterqueen04
    Options
    I am keeping a few pairs of jeans and the dressy stuff. I am still young and I know if I get rid of them I'll get pregnant again and then be screwed (not planning on getting prego but I am the queen of bad luck! haha) I just like to be prepared. I will however shove them in the back of my closet so I don't have to think about them....but maybe just keep one pair of jeans handy just so I can look at them when I am tempted to down a whole bag of oreos!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The first bunch of weight I lost I gave some away. Just recently I went through my entire wardrobe and put everything in a VERY LARGE pile the items that I no longer fit into. I have enough really fat clothes to have a yard sale this summer and what I don't sell is going to Goodwill. I am going to keep the pants in my profile picture for a comparison picture when I get to my goal and a reminder to never get like that again. I am also keeping my shirt I wore in the beginning too.
  • Ericho
    Ericho Posts: 2
    Options
    Haha! Took most of 'em to goodwill before I lost any weight! That way, I have no choice but to lose it...otherwise, i wouldn't be allowed to leave the house..
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I already got rid of most of them. But as I get smaller I am going to start "gifting" them here...

http://www.greatclothingexchange.com/

Ooohhh, what a great idea!
  • kao1970
    kao1970 Posts: 22
    Options
    then i lose enough they are gone donate to purple heart
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I still have mine, but that is because they still fit me. I need a belt now for my pants, but I prefer the couple sizes larger anyway because they are looser.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Haha! Took most of 'em to goodwill before I lost any weight! That way, I have no choice but to lose it...otherwise, i wouldn't be allowed to leave the house..

Never thought of that, good idea.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I got rid of a bunch of stuff, but I am keeping some as hopeful maternity clothes?? Not pregnant and don't plan on it for a long while, but for some reason I think keeping a box of that stuff might be a good idea just in case it works that way for preggers clothes.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    They're gone. I freecycled them.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Depends. I'm only dropping 25 pounds, so my "fat" clothes are still wearable, if not particularly flattering. Some of my bigger t-shirts and jeans will be kept as work clothes. Some of my nicer jackets and dresses will be altered. But a good majority will be donated. Alternately, I've been hanging on to a lot of too small clothes with the hopes of fitting back into them "someday." Once I get to my goal weight, I'll be trying on every item I own and reviewing it. If I can't fit in to it, I'm never gonna, it's gone. If it's too big, not worth altering, and not suitable for work clothes, it's gone. Only things that make me feel fabulous are allowed to stay!
  • angiecmt
    angiecmt Posts: 1
    Options
    They are gone!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Took to GoodWill
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Mine are gone. Some I've donated to family members that are losing weight but can still take my hand-me-downs. Mainly my mother. But if they don't fit anyone I know and they don't fit me they're out. I'm throwing most of them away because they're not really anything donate-worthy. Most of them aren't even close to new, as I was refusing to clothes-shop. Also, I have no intention of being an 18 again. By this time I'm so many sizes below where I started that I'll address the fact that I'm gaining weight (if I do) when I hit 14, not later.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Out with the old and In with the NEW........
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I gave away TEN trash bags full of clothes to a friend of an aquaintance of mine. The family has been having very hard times financially and is struggling with juggling work demands and caring for a disabled young son. According to my friend she was so happy, she was moved to tears at the thought of wearing something new to work the next day.

:flowerforyou: I have made it a rule to not consign anything. I will GIVE things away and enjoy the positive energy it brings to others.

It only pained me to give away a few things --- my former favorite items --- but they just don't fit and i dont WANT them to fit, no matter how much i like them! :drinker:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've actually had a few things that really liked taken in, but when this is all over I plan on selling them on Ebay!!
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    YES.... that's how sure I am that I will never be that size EVER again.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Mine are gone. My wife got rid of them to Goodwill. I think she told me after she got rid of them - did I have a choice? lol
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    I've kept an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt that fit me at my biggest a couple of years ago.
    I like looking at them and feeling happy (ok, smug :ohwell:) about how far I've come, knowing they won't ever fit me again. :smile:
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have given a bunch away, I have 2 piles in my spare room to donate and to consign. I did however keep one outfit that fit me at my biggest... Kind of a reminder of how far I have come (It is amazing how much of a difference 80lbs makes :laugh: )