Poll: Are you throwing out your "fat" clothes?

Options

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've moved on this journey, so got rid of a LOT of ill fitting clothing. I still have some nice pieces that I can't quite bear to part with (like my purple wedding dress that's currently 3 sizes too big for me, and a skirt and blazer that are 5 sizes too big), but I'm down to very few functional pieces of clothing for work, 2 pairs of jeans and assorted ill fitting t shirts. And yoga pants.
  • PghGal2011
    Options
    GONE!! I love getting rid of my plus sized clothes, they mean very little to me.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm donating some to Goodwill tomorrow.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have lost 7 pants sizes over my weight loss and let me tell you as soon as they were too big I got rid of them…the reason is when I dieted previously and reached my mini goals I would find ways to celebrate and normally when people celebrate they eat and I would find myself right back in the clothes I celebrated being out of…it was an awful depressing cycle and I was just done with it…by my house there are places called Clothes Mentor and Plato’s closet as fashion is a hobby of mine I made around 500$ selling old clothes and I will never look back…now if I gain any weight I guess I will be wearing the same pants all week which should kick my *kitten* right back into the gym because I will never buy bigger clothes unless I am pregnant lol even then they will be limited :0) The other clothes I gave away to my friends co-workers etc people love free stuff and beyond that donate it is so easy and all situations you are helping someone somewhere :-)
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    Yes - get them out of the house - I do wear them however until I can put my fist in the waistband - then my rule is - they gotta go
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I just went through my old closet at my parents' house to take clothes I wanted and to put the clothes I don't in "donate" bags. I'm taking back a bunch of middle school and high school jeans that either fit again (yay!) or should fit by the time I hit my goal. The clothes that I have now that are too big are being donated.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Gone, given to salvation army!
    My soon-to-be fat clothes will all be gone when i get a new wardrobe soon!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    They will be out of here! Matter of fact I'm waiting for summer for a nice big garage sale to off load them to someone on the downhill path too who just needs a bargain to sustain them until the next size... or whoever needs them for a great deal... included will be some clothes bought at Christmas time with little or no wear!

My hubby's program he's in told him to do exactly that - rid yourself of reason not to stay on path! In other words, if it's going to cost a new wardrobe, then you will get back on track!

I am going to keep 1 pair of jeans and a shirt for when I hit my goal - for picture shots - then they are gone!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Once I get down to my goal weight,I do plan on keeping a few of my favorite things in my maternity bag, so when we try to have another baby, I'll be ready. But only the mid-sized things. Anything over a 10 or 12 will be out of here.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually give mine away. I have kept one pair of pants and a top so that when I reach my goal then I can look back at what I was wearing and be amazed!

Barb

This is what I plan to do! I want to put them on after I lost the weight, and see how much extra cloth is hanging around. It will definitely show how far I have come.

And I am waiting to fit into a size 9 pair of jeans that were too small when I bought them. And that was when I WAS a size 9! I've never worn them....brand new jeans waiting for me to take them out of the drawer. :happy: :drinker:
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I always keep one size up from my current size, once I am 2 sizes down the clothes get donated or tossed (depending how worn they are).
    I do the samething! One size stays, 2+ off to goodwill! I'm not going to wear them anymore, it is important for me to pass them along to people that will wear them, and may really need them!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten rid of anything because I'm still wearing it! As soon as I am able to get some t-shirts (which I'm having a hard time finding!) and at least one pair of jeans, then I will be getting rid of everything. I've gone from a size 24/26 to a 16 so far and my jeans are barely hanging on. LOL
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    They are GONE! Except the jeans, those I use to help felt knitted items.

Great use for old jeans! I use them for felting too! At my heaviest I was not interested in shopping, so I don't have a lot of "fat clothes" I think I will keep them for a while, but def not in the closet. I have 2 sizes in the closet, 8 and 10. I have only bought 2 pairs of size 8 pants, I will buy more in the fall if the summer goes well. Right now I can't wait for new summer clothes!
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm gonna make a huge bonfire out of 'em!
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get rid of them as I do lose the weight as I will be happy to be back into the smaller sizes once again. I am actually excited to get my old clothes back out again because I loved them so much.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I gave away beautiful brand new clothes then I gained back the weight and wanted to find those people and beat them down and take my stuff. I give to women shelters. Now that I am focus and know how easy it is to take your eye off the prize I will not hole back my clothes when they no longer fit I want someone else to enjoy them. They can keep my old fat memories I am making slim ones.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I gave them away.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    They are going in a yard sale. Never wearing those clothes again. Ever.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of them....size 18, 16, 14, 12...and a few size 10's. I'm getting rid of all of them! I'm keeping a few smaller size 10's and all my new size 8's. I'm not done moving down to a smaller size yet : )
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am in size 4-6 but I still wear some size 8 that does not flatter me at all. As soon as I have a bit of extra money I will buy more size 4-6 and donate my size 8 and up.