500 cal diet

Options
Im 5ft9 and weigh about 172pounds, im going away in 12 weeks and am DYING to look good, especially as my friends are all so thin. I know a 500calorie diet is far from healthy but its not permenant, if i did it for around 10weeks how much weight might i realistically lose? and im not saying i will go straight back to a normal diet after those 10weeks or anything because i know the weight will pile back on. I just want to know a realistic answer to motivate me.

Replies

• gmeono
    gmeono Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the 500 cal diet and lost 10lbs in less then two weeks but I have to say what has been a miracle pill for me was something called fruta planta it diminishes your hunger by about 80% I went from wearing size 14 pants and now I am down to size 8 I started taking those pills Jan 17 2011 , I am so happy to be close to that size 6 after having two kids this pill has helped
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    A 500 calorie diet for 10 weeks would be EXTREMELY unhealthy and is a bad idea. Please talk to your doctor before considering anything that drastic.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    A 500 calorie a day diet is unacceptable. Don't die to die and be skinny.
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    everyone is going to yell at you for bringing this up... I personally used to be anorexic as long as you go slowly back into a healthy diet you shouldn't gain much of it back but also that 500 needs to be strictly healthy things and you need tons of vitamins and tons of water to curb your appetite. I am trying the mayo diet for 2 weeks if I see no difference in my plateau I will be doing the exact same thing but only for 3 weeks.
  • jhdh
    jhdh Posts: 9
    Options
    gneomo, I am curious where you got the pills and if there were any side effects to taking it.
  • muskovitzj
    Options
    Eating 500 calories for 70 days, you would probably die. Seriously.

Go into a day on this website, add enough food to be 200 calories or so below your target for losing 2 lbs a week, click the complete entry button. It tells you if every day were like this, in 5 weeks you'd weigh (this). Find a number that is reasonable so you don't kill yourself in ten weeks.

Find a workout program, eat right, and for the love of all that is holy, eat at least 1400 calories a day unless you plan going away to the hospital for malnutrition.
  • wilson1jessica
    Options
    oh my godddd seriously?! i need to get these pills. and well done thats amazing by the way! where did you get them from? oh and thanks for replying :)
  • stevepayette
    Options
    500 calories sounds realllllllllly unhealthy, and is probably a pretty terrible idea in all honestly. You're body need energy to function, and with that few calories you internal organs may well not be getting enough energy to keep up their basic functions properly.

Don't try and lose weight just to look good. Do it to live a happier, healthier life. If the way you're losing weight can be described as unhealthy, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me...
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    "FDA warns consumers not to use Fruta Planta weight loss products
    All Fruta Planta products being recalled by maker because it contains sibutramine"

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm238491.htm
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    oh my godddd seriously?! i need to get these pills. and well done thats amazing by the way! where did you get them from? oh and thanks for replying :)

Way to pick the one post that gives you the answer you want and ignore all the ones that warn you about how dangerous and unhealthy your plan is. You're 18. Don't be in such a hurry to lose weight. Learn how to eat and live properly rather than looking for some "magic" solution that will solve all your problems.
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    I have heard horrid stories about those pills. The last thing I would honestly do while eating such a low calorie intake would be to put foreign stuff in my body your body will not have the energy to fight anything if you are going to do it just do it as healthy as you can all healthy foods, tons of vitamins, and tons of water.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't see why you dont just do something that is maintainable.

You are almost at a healthy weight... aiming for just 1 pound a week will get you to a very healthy weight and aiming for 2 pounds a week will put you at a mid-range BMI.

If it were me... I'd focus on the long-term instead of dropping weight so quickly and unhealthily over 12 weeks... and then not being able to stay there long-term.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    "FDA warns consumers not to use Fruta Planta weight loss products
    All Fruta Planta products being recalled by maker because it contains sibutramine"

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm238491.htm

What a GREAT pill to take. *insert sarcasm*
  • Pamela0410
    Options
    I had a Doctor put me on a 500 calorie all meat diet. His wife about had a fit, but he told me if I did it I would lose. fish and seafood I counted 30 calories per ounce and all other meat 50 calories per ounce. IT REALLY WORKED! I lost a lot and looked really great. Of course I eventually put it all back on, and now I am trying to do it slowly.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you are DYING to look good, then at 500 calories a day, you may get your wish.
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Before going gunho on this fruta planta read this!
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has disclosed PRock Marketing LLC would recall all Fruta Planta weight loss products, after testing confirmed they contained sibutramine, a drug withdrawn from the market for safety reasons.

According to the FDA, PRock, a branding and distribution company, is recalling Fruta Planta and Reduce Weight Fruta Planta. The FDA said it has received "multiple reports of adverse events" associated with the use of the products, including several cardiac events and one death.

The FDA advised consumers halt use of the product "immediately" and throw it away in a sealed container to avoid consumption. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects were advised to consult a health care professional.

FRUTA PLANTA

Attention Fruta Planta Customers! *Notice

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRock Marketing, LLC
    www.frutaplanta.com
    Jan 19, 2011

The FDA has recently requested the STOP SALE of Reduce Weight Fruta Planta and issue a product recall.

In a recent test we discovered that the Fruta Planta pill contains a drug called Sibutramine. This drug is an appetite suppressant that is use in an obesity drug called Meridia. In October 2010, due to a six-year-long clinical study known as Sibutramine Cardiovascular Outcomes Trial (SCOUT) the obesity drug Meridia (sibutramine) was voluntary withdrawn from the market. Since Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta has been found to also contain the drug Sibutramine and its' label does not meet U.S. standards the FDA had determined that Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta should also be removed from the market.

According to the parameters of the recent clinical study of the drug Meridia conducted by Abbott Laboratories only subject that were at least 55 years of age and had preexisting cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes or both were included in the study and in this test group ONLY were there increased risk in nonfatal myocardial infarction and nonfatal stroke.

The FDA advises against taking ALL Formulas of Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta/Reduce Weight products. These products pose a threat to consumers because Sibutramine may substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke.

PRock Marketing and www.frutaplanta.com recent learned of this new information and want our users to be advised. We are currently working to find a solution to this issue and will inform our clients as soon as we know more information. As always we encourage all consumers to consult with their doctor before taking any type of over the counter weight loss supplement.
    Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Fruta Planta
    Sales & Marketing
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    PLEASE READ:

http://frutaplanta.com/

There is no miracle drug/pill for weight loss.....
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Of course I eventually put it all back on, and now I am trying to do it slowly.

Good for you!! Healthy is best! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others.....500 calorie diet............reckless. Your body uses food for more things than just fat on your *kitten*! Your body needs that fuel to function properly. It's not worth it.......you'll be tired and STARVING! I'm starving on my 1200 calorie diet and I eat many low calorie foods so that I can eat all day long. Please don't do that to yourself.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you start this earlier???? You waited until 2 months before the trip to decide to do something about it and want to HARM yourself!! I do not suggest doing this because it sounds like you will be extremely unhealthy and I hate to break it to you, but there is such thing as being a "skinny fat person". You will not have any tone in your legs or stomach and will probably have cellulite from not working out and eating right the proper way.
This discussion has been closed.