500 cal diet

Options

Replies

• wilson1jessica
    Options
    The reason i only replied to the first post is because that is the only one i thought i had when i was typing my reply. Of course im taking on board what people are saying but it is stuff that i have heard before.. and also i know where to draw the line. If i was getting sick or getting below my goal i wouldnt carry it on, i have family and friends who wouldnt let me even if i wanted to.
    Also i started university in september and gained weight really quickly, i know people will preach to me about exercise etc but i havent got the time for that, i do get over an hour of walking per day just from my daily routine already just from walkin to uni etc. Gaining weight in such a short amount of time is just as unhealthy as losing it in a short amount of time.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    and also i know where to draw the line.

Alrighty, then.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Sweetie, I used to struggle with an ED, and honestly it all started with a " I need to lose X pounds in 6 weeks or I'll look like a cow at prom" mindset. Four years later, I still occasionally struggle mentally.

I bet your beautiful just the way you are! Not that that's what you want to hear, but you need to like yourself for you, not your body, or all the weight loss in the world won't make you happy.

That being said, with 12 weeks, you can easily and HEALTHILY shed 20+ lbs. Stick with 1200 a day, bare minimum, and pick a work out plan you can stick to. With a bit of dedication, strength training, and a reasonable cardio regimen ( don't say you're going to do 2 hours of cardio every day, unless you have nerves of steel and the will power of a Navy SEAL, you'll probably fall off track, get even more discouraged, and try to fix it with even more extreme measures)

That's the mistake I made. Before prom, I just wanted to lose weight, and fast. I fasted, ate very little, ran for hours a day, and wound up falling into a starve/binge cycle, which turned into a binge/purge cycle, and then just a binge/ hate myself cycle. I've lost and gained the same freaking 15 pounds probably 30 times by now, and it wasn't until I moved out, away from all of the pressure at home, and the full length mirrors, and decided to give this website an honest go and do what it told me that I started to see lasting results. In less than 2 months I went from 155 to 140, and I gained serious definition (Thank you Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!) And I started to feel really good about myself. That was last fall. Since then, I've been and on and off user of this site, gained a bunch of weight when I moved in with my aunt, but lost it all effortlessly as soon as I moved back on my own, without calorie counting or working out. I just did what felt right. This site has taught me a LOT about my body. I'm comfortable eating 1500-2000 calories a day, even if I don't work out. I know I won't lose, but I won't gain it back either.

12 weeks is loads of time, just enter your information into the goals section, and do what the website tells you. You will be amazed, and much happier with yourself that way.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    WOW! Be real 500 a day! That is insane, you going away in 12 weeks and your DYING to look good only place you will be heading is a hospital or a casket dear and I'm pretty sure most people aren't planning on DYING to get in either of those! Did anyone look at her food diary if she is tracking everything she eats one day was 89 calories REALLY 89, maybe you should check yourself in for help dear! That is just not smart, not trying to be rude hear by any means, but there are smarter ways to do things...
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The reason i only replied to the first post is because that is the only one i thought i had when i was typing my reply. Of course im taking on board what people are saying but it is stuff that i have heard before.. and also i know where to draw the line. If i was getting sick or getting below my goal i wouldnt carry it on, i have family and friends who wouldnt let me even if i wanted to.
    Also i started university in september and gained weight really quickly, i know people will preach to me about exercise etc but i havent got the time for that, i do get over an hour of walking per day just from my daily routine already just from walkin to uni etc. Gaining weight in such a short amount of time is just as unhealthy as losing it in a short amount of time.

Well, you are apparently determined to do this. I think that is an incredibly bad decision and poor judgement, but hey, it's your life. Hopefully, you'll have energy to enjoy your vacation.
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    12 weeks huh? With MyFitnessPal, you can lose about 24 pounds in that amount of time... With your height, your normal weight range to give you a healthy BMI level is 125.3 to 169.3... losing 24 pounds would put you in a healthy weight range PLUS with diet and exercise, you'd be doing it the RIGHT way, which is the SAFE way. Another thing is that it will stay off! You won't gain back twice the amount of weight that you would gain if you used those pills. It's truly a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. Please care about yourself instead of caring about what anyone else thinks. Do what's right for YOU!

-Best of luck! :)
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I know you're getting so much thrown at you right now, but just in case you get around to this one....:smile:

I do understand wanting to lose weight quickly. I promise...I've been there. Last winter I weighed 118 at my lowest. When I laid down, my hipbones stuck out so gross...you know how cows look when they are thin and bony? I think my hipbones looked like that. I had no muscle tone. I was just plain skinny.

And better yet...the weight just stuck right back on as soon as I allowed myself to eat. This time around, I'm losing slowly, around 3 lbs a month. I exercise like a little devil and I EAT! Holy hell, I can't even believe this girl with a friggin 6 pack and muscle tone freakin EVERYWHERE that greets me in the mirror every morning! (I do NOT say that to sound conceited....I have worked my TAIL off and it is attainable for anyone!)

Weight that is lost quickly will be regained quickly. Eating only 500 cal/day will strip you of not only fat, but muscle. You won't look good...I can promise you that, from experience. I know some of this advice is hard to swallow, but these people have walked the walk and I promise, we understand where you are coming from. I hope you get around to reading this, and I hope it helps! Good luck hun!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I did the same thing. The difference? If you gain, you gained fast, whatever. If you lose fast, you are almost guaranteed to gain it all back. Is it worth it? The answer is no.
    but by the looks of it, you posted the topic, already set on your ways and dont really care what the rest of us have to say. So why post it in the first place?

• sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft9 and weigh about 172pounds, im going away in 12 weeks and am DYING to look good, especially as my friends are all so thin. I know a 500calorie diet is far from healthy but its not permenant, if i did it for around 10weeks how much weight might i realistically lose? and im not saying i will go straight back to a normal diet after those 10weeks or anything because i know the weight will pile back on. I just want to know a realistic answer to motivate me.

You said it all in your first sentence, you ARE DYING to look good. It won't work the way you are expecting it to, you will have health problems and you will regain all the weight you lose when you discover you can't sustain that.
  • lowpost42
    lowpost42 Posts: 49
    Options
    Find a nutritional supplement system so that you stay healthy.

Eat 1600 calories a day and burn 400 through exercise (or just eat 1200 and don't exercise!)

I just finished a 9 week stint staying at or below 1200 net calories (with one day of liquid fasting every week). I had 117 pounds to lose to get to a healthier weight.

In those 9 weeks I dropped an obscene amount of weight (more than double what you're considering).

I was also very cold and lethargic after the 3rd week - but pushed myself to do cardio 45 minutes every single day anyway.

I don't think you need to cut it to 500 cals. Even if you do, I'll put a $20 on the line to say you can't maintain it for 10 weeks. It's crazy talk - 5000 calories over 10 weeks.

Use MFP to keep yourself around 1200 for 10 weeks, and you'll drop what you're looking for (and then some).
  • jwtriathlon
    jwtriathlon Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi --
    It sounds like you are pretty determined to do this but please seriously think about what everyone is telling you. MFP is so great because you have such a wide range of support of people who want to give you advice that will change your life for the better so that you can feel good about yourself and look good at the same time. Advice that will hurt your life and body is not advice that you want to take. What I have learned from MFP is that the majority of the users what you to suceed and meet your goals in healthy way and they will help you anyway that they can. PLEASE, PLEASE loose the few pounds in a healthy way and use the support from your MFP friends to push and motivate you to reach your goal.
  • wilson1jessica
    Options
    you posted the topic, already set on your ways and dont really care what the rest of us have to say. So why post it in the first place?

Because i wasnt expecting replies that were bound with facts and figures, i was expecting answers that were from people who have done the same sort of thing. And thankfully, i have had some helpful answers from these people. I've also had answers advising me not to that i have listened to and have actually made me reconsider my actions. Generally they are the answers that understand what i want to do and my reasons for it, but also disagree with it and ADVISE not to, not just jump down my throat. As for the blunt, rude, patronising and judgemental answers; well they just dont help at all.

Also, for all those who have responded thinking the picture on my profile is me, its not, its megan fox. I just dont feel comfortable putting my own picture up and she is good motivation.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Wow... food is not the enemy ppl...its the relationship "hand to mouth" that is.
    I've lost so much weight doing P90X, Insanity and Turbo Jam... You say you got 10 weeks..then you got 10 weeks to eat well and workout and get massive results! better ones than if you'd eat 500 cals a day... Why even risk it and be miserable...10 weeks in a long way honey!

I say you get tones, a nice sexy lean body! Im not Beachbody coach but their dvd progs will do!! You'll look better, you'll be happier and you'll that sexy body you dream of <3 GUARANTEED!!!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    You also have to keep in mind how you are coming across to people. At least to me it sounded like you were desperate, not wanting to work, not wanting to commit to anything, just a quick fix. There is no such thing as a quick fix.
    I'm glad you are rethinking it, we are all here to support you and help you make good decisions. 500 cals a day is not a good decision, and everyone was just trying to make you aware of that.

as far as your profile picture, a motivation picture is good. I always go back and look at old pictures of me for inspiration. But dont be ashamed of your body. I am 6 inches shorter than you and weigh just as much, and I'm proud of who I am. Just because the girls around you are smaller, doesnt mean you arent beautiful. Honestly, I would rather see a girl that is a healthy weight and happy with herself then a girl that is too skinny and has no curves.
    you posted the topic, already set on your ways and dont really care what the rest of us have to say. So why post it in the first place?

Because i wasnt expecting replies that were bound with facts and figures, i was expecting answers that were from people who have done the same sort of thing. And thankfully, i have had some helpful answers from these people. I've also had answers advising me not to that i have listened to and have actually made me reconsider my actions. Generally they are the answers that understand what i want to do and my reasons for it, but also disagree with it and ADVISE not to, not just jump down my throat. As for the blunt, rude, patronising and judgemental answers; well they just dont help at all.

Also, for all those who have responded thinking the picture on my profile is me, its not, its megan fox. I just dont feel comfortable putting my own picture up and she is good motivation.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    oh my godddd seriously?! i need to get these pills. and well done thats amazing by the way! where did you get them from? oh and thanks for replying :)

Way to pick the one post that gives you the answer you want and ignore all the ones that warn you about how dangerous and unhealthy your plan is. You're 18. Don't be in such a hurry to lose weight. Learn how to eat and live properly rather than looking for some "magic" solution that will solve all your problems.

Lol. Exactly what I was thinking!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Sorry...not a good idea. And the weight you lose will likely come right back. Even though you would like to be thin in a short period of time...you're not being realistic. Stay healthy and do it the proper way :flowerforyou:
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    WOW!!! That's all I can say to the information you shared with us, and WOW!!!

Before going gunho on this fruta planta read this!
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has disclosed PRock Marketing LLC would recall all Fruta Planta weight loss products, after testing confirmed they contained sibutramine, a drug withdrawn from the market for safety reasons.

According to the FDA, PRock, a branding and distribution company, is recalling Fruta Planta and Reduce Weight Fruta Planta. The FDA said it has received "multiple reports of adverse events" associated with the use of the products, including several cardiac events and one death.

The FDA advised consumers halt use of the product "immediately" and throw it away in a sealed container to avoid consumption. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects were advised to consult a health care professional.

FRUTA PLANTA

Attention Fruta Planta Customers! *Notice

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRock Marketing, LLC
    www.frutaplanta.com
    Jan 19, 2011

The FDA has recently requested the STOP SALE of Reduce Weight Fruta Planta and issue a product recall.

In a recent test we discovered that the Fruta Planta pill contains a drug called Sibutramine. This drug is an appetite suppressant that is use in an obesity drug called Meridia. In October 2010, due to a six-year-long clinical study known as Sibutramine Cardiovascular Outcomes Trial (SCOUT) the obesity drug Meridia (sibutramine) was voluntary withdrawn from the market. Since Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta has been found to also contain the drug Sibutramine and its' label does not meet U.S. standards the FDA had determined that Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta should also be removed from the market.

According to the parameters of the recent clinical study of the drug Meridia conducted by Abbott Laboratories only subject that were at least 55 years of age and had preexisting cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes or both were included in the study and in this test group ONLY were there increased risk in nonfatal myocardial infarction and nonfatal stroke.

The FDA advises against taking ALL Formulas of Reduce Weigh Fruta Planta/Reduce Weight products. These products pose a threat to consumers because Sibutramine may substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke.

PRock Marketing and www.frutaplanta.com recent learned of this new information and want our users to be advised. We are currently working to find a solution to this issue and will inform our clients as soon as we know more information. As always we encourage all consumers to consult with their doctor before taking any type of over the counter weight loss supplement.
    Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Fruta Planta
    Sales & Marketing
  • Ver2
    Ver2 Posts: 37
    Options
    I did 800 calories last summer and didn't lose much at all...all I did was mess up my metabolism so that when I went back to eating normally (1200 cals), I GAINED weight. I don't know how long it will take for my body to recover and to burn calories normally. It's still not doing it right, I think.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Ditto!!!! Please read all the links, clippings, and WARNING!!!! Or you might end up at the morgue from a Heart Attack and a Stroke at the age of 18 or 19.

oh my godddd seriously?! i need to get these pills. and well done thats amazing by the way! where did you get them from? oh and thanks for replying :)

Way to pick the one post that gives you the answer you want and ignore all the ones that warn you about how dangerous and unhealthy your plan is. You're 18. Don't be in such a hurry to lose weight. Learn how to eat and live properly rather than looking for some "magic" solution that will solve all your problems.

Lol. Exactly what I was thinking!
  • princess4mimi
    Options

Sorry, I owe you an apology.....I didn't read this response when I myself jumped down your throat in another response....I'm glad you're re-evaluating the situation and your strategy!!
This discussion has been closed.