T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options
fruits%2Band%2Bvegetables2-saidaonline.jpg

Hi Teamies!!! Welcome to a new week and a new thread for THE (Trying hard everyday) Team!!

Did you know It is recommended that you eat five servings of fruit or vegetables a day and that a serving equals just a 1/2 cup?
Making fruits and vegetables the biggest part of your daily routine will provide your body with the nutrients necessary to help you lose weight! My challenge to you all this week is to eat ALL 5 servings every single day! That means, if you have to hit the produce store to stock up or do any grocery shopping this weekend, produce should be on the top of your list including frozen fruit if your grocery store does not have your favorites in season. Add fruit to your cereal, yogurt or oatmeal in the morning and Eat 2 veggie snacks every day. 1/2 a cup... come on!! You can do it!! The nice thing about fruits and veggies is that you can eat as much as you want of most of them!! Get that metabolism going by keeping your fuel center full of good, healthy things so you can burn that fat OFF!! Plus, in addition to helping you trim your waistline, you'll also be adding lots of fiber and cancer fighting goodness to your system!!

Snack ideas:
Celery or Apple with peanut or almond butter and a yogurt
Broccoli with 2tbsp hummus and a string cheese
1 small handful of Almonds, cashews or pistachios, a banana and a glass of milk.
Plain yogurt with whole berries, grapes and granola

These are just some of my favorites. Please feel free to share yours!!

Also, Friday's are weigh in day!!!! Check in below and let us know how your last week was for you on the scale....

Here's to a new week of success!

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for the challenge! I have NO problem eating 5+++ servings a day, but this makes me focus on it even more. I have a great link to some creative snacks. I will share!

A few of my favorites,
    all natural peanut butter(prefer chunky) and an apple
    bell pepper and hummus
    grapes and almonds
    all natural whole grain bread with hummus or peanut butter
    Broccoli and nacho cheese (haha that's my naughty one)
    Apple and cheese (yum!)
    homemade trailmix
    geek yogurt with berries
    Salami and all natural whole grain crackers
    Wasa crackers and laughing cow cheese spread
    I like to have almonds, craisins with a few dark chocolate chips thrown in too;)

Family friend who owns and runs multiple Health and Wholeness training facilities in Virginia put together this article:
    http://www.healthandwholeness.info/blog/2011/03/08/food-snacks-you-can-feel-good-about/
  • Carru1
    Carru1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yay for fruit and vegies! Does T.H.E team have a new challenge every week?
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new people, i hope you all make it over from the previous thread :)

I am still not sharing the love of raw veg..ick so i still have yet to find the perfect go to snack when i need a munch :/ I quite like fruit but that's a lot of calories.

I'm the first to weigh in on this thread.

I can't even believe i've managed to lose any this week. I've spent most of the week in bed with a cold cough thing and i've eaten quite a bit of rubbish as i never lost my appetite and no one would cook for me. Also ate a tonne of halls soothers then discovered they were around 30 cals a lozenge..ack So i'm guesing coughing a lot burns alot of calories.

sw 301 cw 285 that's a 2lb loss for this week.

Vicky
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!!!!!

I lost 3.3 lbs in the middle of the week and changed my ticker then. I was just happy to have dropped a couple lbs after no loss for a week or so. Hope everyone has a good weigh in.

My son is here in bed with me watching the news about the earthquake in Japan and tsunami warning for our west coast, so I won't post my weight correctly cause I don't want him to see.

Have a great weigh in and weekend
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Ditto, Deb. DH is right here, so it's a secret...oops he's in the throne room so quickly:

SW 232; GW 150; LW 225; CW 224½= ½ pound loss :smile:

I posted last night, but brushed my thumb over the mouse pad and lost it. I was HACKED!

But to put that into perspective...AWEFULL tsunami images from Japan after their devastating earthquake.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I will try to eat more vegtables & fruit. Other than eating then quickly, does anyone know how to make bananas (sp) last longer than a few days after I bring them home from the store? What a waste of money!!
    I gained 1.5 pounds this week (249) but I blame it on an injured ankle & Aunt Flo still being here.
  • sararuiz
    sararuiz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to see you are all doing well for the friday weigh in! I am super stoked because I lost 5.2 lbs!! YAY! (I haven't weighed myself since March 1st). I hope I can keep it up! I def am super motivated....im on my way to boxing class :)

Question: Somehow I can't get a ticker on my account. I know how to put it on and everything but the option of changing my forum signature isn't available in the "settings" tab. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Sara

SW - 173.4
    CW - 168.6
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey Gals, Good weigh in today lost 2 lbs since last week. Sad about Japan though, puts things into perspective. Hugs all ♥
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    No change for me on the scale this week. Still at 220.4, BUT it was time to do measurements and I dropped 3/4" off my waist and almost 2" off my hips, so I'm doing a happy dance this week!!

Would you guys like a healthy challenge every week?? I threw this one out there because its what Im working on improving. It is especially hard for me to eat my veggies when hubby is gone on business. Not sure why?! Maybe because I am the only one who eats them?? :laugh: Figured Id make this a challenge this week and hope you guys share what and how you guys get the 5 servings in every day, even if its all at once for lunch as a salad.

Costco has a great deal on Hummus. Found a huge tub of roasted red pepper teva hummus for $4.99. Love it for a dip with broccoli, carrots, celery sticks and whole grain crackers or as a spread on whole grain toast. Easy to grab and go! But, this week I am making my own to see how it turns out.

Bike isnt fixed yet so cant go get that today. Instead I am spring cleaning the bonus room (hubby disaster zone of a man cave office) and steam cleaning the carpets. Not my idea of FUN..

Have a great one all!! And CONGRATULATIONS to everyone throwing out losses this week!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey Sara
    Tickers are under the "Tools" at the very top of your page and signature is the 4rth option when you are looking at your message board. This probably isn't very clear but I hope it helps at least a little bit.
    Great job on the loss too!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a healthy challenge each week but it would have to be something that is international and free or you know something that i'm going to be buying anyway as in food.

I've been watching footage of japan on the news. It's so awful it's going to take them years to get over it and you just know that many people never fully will.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I definitely like challenges. :) yes very sad about japan!!! And the tsunami risk, hopefully not too bad everywhere!
  • sararuiz
    sararuiz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Sara
    Tickers are under the "Tools" at the very top of your page and signature is the 4rth option when you are looking at your message board. This probably isn't very clear but I hope it helps at least a little bit.
    Great job on the loss too!

Hi Egam,

Thanks for the tip!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Found out today that my daughter in law is pregnant. I am so excited. They live with me so I get to have a baby around....as long as they don't move out LOL My daughter is pregnant too so I will have 2 grand children this year...3 total. I just had to come share my news...have a great weekend.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Team!! Welcome to the new folks! Love the challenge Cyndi ~ I'm all in AND I'm keeping up the water this week, too. I'm going to be soooo healthy that not only will I lose the weight BUT I actually may start getting YOUNGER! : ))))

SW 200/GW 170/LW 198/CW 196 = 2 lbs lost

So, my goal is set for losing 1 lb per week, but I lost 2 lbs last week and 2 lbs this week. I haven't had a soft drink, diet or regular, for two weeks now - I'm drinking only water or iced green tea all day - well, except for my two cups of black coffee in the a.m. I'm feeling really good and that makes me happy!

My heart breaks for all of Japan. My sister is in Maui, Hawaii and they had to evacuate up into the mountains and then were able to come back down after the tsunami threat passed. As many of you know, I am in New Orleans and we are 5 1/2 years past Hurricane Katrina and there are still large areas that have not been rebuilt and may never be.... natural disasters have a way of both teaching us what is important in life and proving to us we are in control of so very little... I cannot quit watching the coverage tonight and it all feels so very familiar. Heartbreaking...

I hope you all have a beautiful, active, healthy weekend. Hug the people you love! Do something nice for yourselves ~ and then something nice for a complete stranger : )

:heart: lulu
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Sorta over did my "Free Friday" by 45 calories. I didn't plan my day well and I'm paying for it. Oh well, maybe I'll get in a long walk to make up for it.

Congrats, Deb! Two GKids on the way. Pretty special.

I'm going to have to check Shawna's link. I'm always looking for healthy snack ideas. My usual are celery with lite cream cheese and raisins (looks funny, but really good) or peanut butter. Also Craisins and Pumpkin seeds, cottage cheese or yogurt and ANY berry. I love my emulsified fruit drinks, but still looking for tasty veggie drinks. I prefer my veggies raw for the most part, except green beans.

I'm with you Lulu about getting younger while acting healthier. Of course it works the other way, too..Ü I'm blessed I've never had to live through a natural disaster or face REALLY devastating circumstances. I pray for those in Japan who are suffering unimaginable misery.

Loooonnnngggg day at the office, Chief showed up just as I was leaving and needed my help getting info on possible suspects while he typed up a search warrant. I love my job, it can get pretty exciting, not like what you watch on TV, but the adrenalin pumps when working on an unusual case. Maybe I won't need that long walk :huh: yeah, probably not.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    SW 210 GW 180 CW 197 4 lbs loss

So thanks for all of your good words about water retention. They were the truth. Feeling like I'm back on track and more motivated. School is kind of killing me right now. But the end is in sight. Which is also terrifying because I have four more papers to write before then. AH! And congratulations to all of you on your fantastic weight losses this week. You are all doing such hard work!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Egam! Below 200, congrats! :)
    I haven't lost in a couple weeks, it all makes no sense really other than my body us used to clean eating. I added some calories and we will see if that helps. Blech! Dumb scale.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Congrats Emma. I can't wait to be under 200!!! I am excited for you.

Shawna I am sure your body is toning up real well and holding muscle weight don't be discouraged.

I think my boobs are sagging more...SOOO not fair!!! I think I am losing weight in my boobs but it is causing them to sag :(

Have a great weekend!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our losers! And congrats to all of us who are here, checking in, still trying, sticking with it even when we are not seeing the changes. You know, Deb is now expecting two grandbabies (which is AWESOME Deb!!!) and both the mommies are experiencing incredible changes in their bodies BUT nobody will see the changes for some time. The same goes for us in our journey to good health and healthy weight - changes are happening in our bodies, but the true results sometimes take a while to really show. Patience is the key ... and perserverence.... Here's to a new week of healthy living!!!!:drinker: