T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Congrats Emma. I can't wait to be under 200!!! I am excited for you.

Shawna I am sure your body is toning up real well and holding muscle weight don't be discouraged.

I think my boobs are sagging more...SOOO not fair!!! I think I am losing weight in my boobs but it is causing them to sag :(

Have a great weekend!
    Your boob comment reminded me...did you ever read that EDS link I put on your page?? Talk about boob problems!!! I have never even had kids or even left my mid twenties yet and my boob department is a nightmare!. :( lol no fun huh! Another good reason to lose slowly, so your body can adjust and pull in over time...although mine never will lol
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    gonna try the fruit and veggie challenge but not to the full extent of eating so many servings a day. I rarely eat fruits and veggies so if I get one or 2 of each one a day I will be making HUGE progress. I bought some fruits and veggies today and some almonds and sunflower seeds. Gonna give it a try LOL.

I am making a suddenly salad tonight that calls for a 1/2 cup of mayo and I got a different mayo today that is called Smart Beat that only has 10 calories a tbsp. which is less than the 45 cals for the lite mayo. SO how can i log that food and have the calories right??? I also made a cucumber and white vinager salad. Have no idea the calories there. I'm boiling eggs for the week and I bought oatmeal to cook for breakfast. I'm trying to be good. Now that my daughter in law is pregnant and she lives with me I am gonna make sure she eats better too. Dr told her not to gain more than 20 lbs.

I am really sad about the saggIER boobs...It sucks to be 52 and have DD's that are already sagging much less have them sag wayyyy more.

People have been making comments about how different my face looks. I even caught a man following me in the grocery store today LOL Starting to make me feel pretty good.

I didn't log my food Friday and Saturday...those were my rest days. On track today though. Have a great week all!!

Deb
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I can't believe I didn't log on yesterday! I must have been out in the Ozone all day. I finally connected my cordless mouse to this lap top so I won't be losing any posts by dragging my thumbs over the "mouse pad" to an advertisement. So aggravating!

Contrats to Emma on the new century! 195 was my old high when I lost 50 pounds about 20+ years ago. Keep up the good work,

Deb, seven servings of fruits and veggies sounds daunting...but it's not really. My goodness, my lunch salad is good for at least 3 servings right there! Fruits is much easier for me to devour...especially with yogurt! Oh yes the saggy boob thing. Let me tell you, the only person who REALLY notices will be you.

Cute shoes, Shawna...although a bit shiny for workout shoes...:happy:

Desperate Housewives is a rerun, guess I'll just super scrub my face and go to bed.

Happy Losing,,.Vicki...*Ü*
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Shiny? lol they have reflectors on them because they are running shoes! haha They are there for a reason. They aren't shiny when ya just look on them,it was only because of the flash. :-D Safety first!
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi all. Had my weigh in and lost about 1 1/2 pounds, but the best news is I did my first measurements since starting Shred -- about 1/2 " in my waist and 1/2" in my hips. Loving seeing a few areas on my thighs that aren't completely dimpled:) I was really worried about attending my Gourmet Club on Saturday, but managed not to overdo it tooooooo bad - heck its gourmet (French for "just add alcohol" and "just add fat"), so that's pretty good considering.

I was so excited to come home after work in the daylight for a change -- I love it when time changes! Its so much easiter to be motivated. I'm heading to another conference for the rest of this week and don't know whether I'll have time/internet access to check in with you all. If not, I wish you an awesome week -- be good to yourself, because you certainly deserve it !
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I give up. I'm calling my geek and going to have him transfer my stuff from "old 'puter" to "new 'puter". I've spent too many days trying to figure it out...following instructions, and getting frustrated almost to tears. BUT, I didn't eat through it...yet.

Have a good conference, Sis, and thanks for the well wishes, as well.

I'm always puzzled about my protein and fiber counts, almost always over, even when my calories are low. Today they're about right, but way below calories, missed lunch completely, and no supplements (my Chia seeds and Knox sups have a lot of protein and fiber. Any suggestions on how to keep up my calories, yet keep the proteins and fibers down...or is it really that important?

Back to work tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if my extra two hours last Friday were necessary. Awk, the list in my head is getting really long...I better start making notes on my phone.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*

PS-check out my Monday snack. I layered all that stuff with the granola on the bottom, half the yogurt, the fruit, rest of the yogurt and then the chopped nuts. Very pretty in a tall glass. I sweetened the yogurt with Agave syurp and a splash of vanilla. Even DH liked it! It's actually a neal in itself, but we had an early dinner, and that made a great dessert/snack.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki, I don't know what your protein is set to, but to give you an idea...i eat 1500-1800 calories a day and everyday is over 90 grams of protein! Protein is a good thing! Also, so is fiber. The national recommendation is 25g to 40g. If your diary is public I will take a look at it and let ya know what I think. A lot of nutrition books I have read suggest 15-30% of your daily calories being from protein and in many cases 30-35% is beneficial, mostly when training. Anyhow, don't stress. :) the ratios I have read range from 40%-55% carbs, 15-30% protein, 20-30% fat. Play around with your ratios and see what works for you. :)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didnt check in over the weekend. I should have. It was not a good weekend for me in terms of staying away from crap I shouldnt eat. Started with Bunco on Saturday. Had salad bar, pizza and since it was my friends birthday, a little tiny piece of bday cake. After that we went out to the bar to celebrate her bday and I had a rum and coke of which I told the bartender less rum, more coke because I was the DD (figured this would keep me from drinking unnecessary calories). Well, she heard me wrong and it was more rum than coke so I didnt even drink most of it because it was toxic....:sick: The next day, I swear I felt like I had a hangover. My body is just not used to having that stuff anymore...pizza, cake and alcohol and even the little bit of each that I did have was a bad reminder the next day. So.. I had a severe case of the lazies on Sunday. After cleaning carpets for 2 days and dancing at the bar my back was shot and I haven't been in much of any condition to want to work out. On top of that, because I was being lazy... I haven't been eating well either. I've just been feeling run down and this crummy weather isnt helping.

Time for that to change. Doing a you-turn, back on track....focusing on Friday and seeing that scale dip below 220!!!
    Going to the gym tomorrow if it kills me... :drinker: Sucking down LOADS of water, taking my vitamins, then going grocery shopping to restock the fridge!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

I'm always puzzled about my protein and fiber counts, almost always over, even when my calories are low. Today they're about right, but way below calories, missed lunch completely, and no supplements (my Chia seeds and Knox sups have a lot of protein and fiber. Any suggestions on how to keep up my calories, yet keep the proteins and fibers down...or is it really that important?

Protein and fiber are good things to be over on as long as the protein is lean protein that comes from things like greek yogurt, chicken, turkey, eggs, milk, ect. Fiber, on top of keeping you regular, is what helps you feel full and satisfied, so don't worry about that one either. Protein is necessary for building muscle, which burns more fat and calories and don't worry, you wont look like a body builder from getting extra protein in your diet.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    I've been doing good on the fruit and veggie challenge this week. I am amazed. I feel like I am eating more food though but I am staying under on the calories. We will see if it I am doing ok come weigh in.

Where is everyone???? Come out come out where ever you are!!

I'm even drinking water Vicky!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

WooHoo. Fruits, Veggies AND water. By golly we're going to get Deb into the healthy eating habit so fast she won't even know it's good for her. Yes, Deb. That's the magic of fruits and vegetables. They are high in nutrients, and it doesn't take much to fill you up! A big bonus....your morning constitutional is MUCH more satisfying. (You can't imagine how much thought it took to get that statement out "cleanly".) I think next we need to introduce you to WHOLE grains!

Thanks all for your ideas on the protein/fibre thing. I could be doing so much worse, but I was still concerned. As long as I'm averaging 1 pound lost a week I'm not going to worry too much about it.

I finally got back on the Wii this morning. My Wii trainer sort of scolded me for being gone all week! Then scolded me throughout my routine, because if I exercised every day I wouldn't be so "weak" or "shaky" or "unbalanced". Gawd! Who needs a live trainer when we can have one like my Wii Torcher! BTW...my name on Wii is....VickWii. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Well Cyndi, we've all been there. The weekend just got away from you, its now over and you're back on track! It's interesting, we never realized how awefull we felt after a binge like that, until we've actually spent some serious time being healthy and experiencing feeling truly wonderful! I totally appreciate that hangover feeling....the carb hangover. At least with a booze hangover a good greasy breakfast will fix it (for the moment)...nothing can fix the carb hangover. Except more carbs, and there ya go, on the never ending roller coaster.

Timeforbed.....zzzzzz

• fodorl
    fodorl Posts: 12
    Options
    Is there room for 1 more on this team?
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    always room for more fodorl!!! Welcome. Sometimes we are chatty, sometimes not, sure hope you are a chatty one LOL You can add me as a friend if you like and I will try my best to encourage you.

Ok MS Vicky I bought whole grain double fiber bread, whole grain Special K crackers, and Quaker oats that you have to cook! I checked into good carbs this weekend and Found out about whole grains LOL. But I will not eat whole wheat pastas!!

I also bought almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries. I'm loving those! I make a trail mix sort of thing with them and eat them on my walks at work! I made a HUGE salad for lunch yesterday and wanted to walk but didn't think I'd look too good walkng down the road with a bowl of salad in my hands eating LOL

Happy Hump day all...Friday is just around the corner. Looks like I am going to have to go hunt people down. Utahsis is the only one with an excuse to not be here!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello all!

Deb: all your new food ideas sound fantastic! I also love dried cranberries. Dried fruit in general, but it's so much sugar I try to stay away from it. Although cranberries are actually pretty low. Almonds, also delicious raw and roasted, I like to mix them so I get a few more flavours.

I was up all night on sunday working on a paper and then with daylight savings time I've been exhausted the last few days. I haven't been running in forever and I've fallen behind on my yoga too. Plus i've got a super busy social week. Coffee on thursday with a friend who is back in town for reading break, drinks on friday with one of my closest friends and then my friends birthday on saturday. It's going to be CRAZY! And it's going to take some extra planning to make sure I stay under on my calories.

Welcome Fodorl! Great to have you join us! Are you working on any particular goals or challenges?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day teamies!! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days, I'm logging in and eating (mostly) right, and moving my butt around to burn the calories off ~ :bigsmile:

Love all the convo about snacks and whole grains and veggies and fruits and protiens and fiber (and yes, even the part about the "morning constitution" which, by the way, was both delicately and appropriately phrased!:laugh: ) I'm usually over on fiber and often on protien by a couple points too - no worries~

fordorl ~ there's always room for one more!! We love new teammates!!! And you've come to the right place for support and encouragment ~ Welcome!!:flowerforyou:

egam, I LOOOOOOVE dried cranberries and they are deeeeelicious in a salad with some stinky cheese (like blue cheese or feta) nomnomnom ~ yummmm!

I'm proud of you ladies for checking in and being here for each other ~ journey's are so much better with friends! Both old and new friends:love:

Oh, and don't forget to wear your green tomorrow lest you be pinched! Happy St. Patrick's day!:drinker:

Later gators,
    :heart: lulu
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Deb...I LOVE whole wheat pasta! It has such a wonderful flavour...nothing like paste, that regular pasta tastes like to me. Good for you studying up on the grains.

Funny story. I grew up with Wonder Bread, and when I moved to my own home at 20 I learned to make bread...delicious 100% whole wheat that won a blue ribbon at my first county fair! Think I could do that again...NOT!!! Anyway, my DH grew up on homemade bread and LOVES the pasty white bread from the store! One Christmas I asked for a Bread Machine and got it...DH said it would get used once or twice and after that take up space on the counter. Well, that was over 20 years ago, and we are on our 3rd bread machine! Our favourite is oatmeal. DH would still rather have pasty white bread, so I'll whip up a potato bread for him once or twice a year...:devil:

Emma, enjoy your friends.:drinker: It's wonderful you have the time to "play" with them. But take care of yourself too...you're time with your friends will be soooo much more fun when you fell good, too. So, how's the school work going? Can we all be proud "Mama's" at the end of your term?

Thanks for the St. Paddy's day reminder, Lulu. I actually had an outfit hanging in the bathroom for tomorrow, and changed my top. I'm not a wearer of green, but have a beautiful paisley turquoise and green top should keep me from getting pinched. Working for the Police Department...that would be a good thing. And oooooh yes, cranberries, blue cheese crumbles with unsalted roasted sunflower seeds on a salad....so very good! Get rid of the sunflower seeds and roast some walnuts with Agave syrup and cinnamon...a real SPECIAL treat.

I sent a message to fordori hoping she WILL join us. Something in her bio struck me, and I think we are the team for her.

I didn't get in all I had planned to eat today. Just one less snack to put together for tomorrow. I made a wonderful baked chicken with sliced peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic sprinkled over the breast. No seasonings and it was sooo gooood! My DH is a salt hound, so when I can cook a dinner he's not salting up....I'm happy...or shocked!

Shawna is studying hard on breaking her plateau. Let's all give her MAJOR encouragements as she posts on our home pages. I know I'm going to need all the help I can muster when I get to that point...over and over. I plan to hit at least three plateau's through this journey.

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki,
    I REALLY appreciate your kind words!! It means so much that you mention my struggles. I am definitely working through it and trying to take the best route to success! SO! About your bread.... Jeremy makes us homemade bread now and then, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE your oatmeal recipe if you don't mind sharing!? Props to you for good quality breads, girl! :-D Better than wonder heheheh
    Deb, props to you for making all the effort! You should feel great about where you are going and the amazing things you are doing for your body :-D Proud of you!

SO, an update to the others.......
    Talked to Jeremy's trainer about my slump and what needs to be done to get me even more so into fat burning mode! I have 15-20# of fat to lose, it's not unrealistic, I am just stuck in a plateau that is causing some frustration! Sanny's suggestions include: Cycle carbs( 100g-145g 4 days in a row and a higher "200g ish day" 5th day (he suggested making that on the weekend :-D). He also suggested, and this part is what makes me cringe, interval training (or moderate intensity cardio) in the AM on an empty stomach to ensure that my body is using the fat as fuel and circuits in the afternoon! Compexl carbs at Breakfast and lunch, and limit carbs at dinner. This is a challenge with Jeremy being on a similar eating schedule but he is backwards from my day since he works nights. HaHa Well, this means I have to get up before work to use the apt workout room! :( Blech! But he said DEDICATION!!! He is right! Anyhow, seriously ready for this last 20# to be gone! I am 2 sizes from goal.... I can smell it!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Bread Machine Oatmeal Bread

1¼ cups water
    ¾ tsp salt
    1 Tbs Olive Oil
    2 Tbs Local Honey (Local Honey from your area is best if you suffer from allergies) (I haven't tried it with Agave yet)
    ¼+ cup dried butter milk (or just start with 1¼ cups butter milk)
    1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
    2½ cups unbleached bread flour
    ¼ cup oat bran or wheat germ (don't tell DH about this...that's too healthy for his taste buds)
    ½ Tbs (1½ tsp) Bread machine active dry yeast

Layer ingredients in bread pan according to manufacturers instructions (I layer just as above)
    Set machine for light crust and 1½ pound loaf
    Once done, cool in bread pan 10 minutes
    Remove onto cooling rack to cool before sealing in zip lock, as air tight as you can get it. It'll keep for several days that way.
    Makes a delicious toast!

Let me know what you think!

*Ü*
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Checking in.

Having a horrendous couple of weeks. Spent much of last week in bed with a flu cough thing. Apparently if i'm not around the oh can't or wont cook so we ended up having a couple of takeaways. Didn't seem to effect my weigh in last week though but i'm guessing it was becuase i didn't eat alot apart from them?

This week, still got a cough but loads better, had a lot of walkign round to do monday, and ended up on the sofa with a wheat bag on my knee all evening. I've never had so much kneee pain before. I've been stuggling with an assignment for my uni course and i've had to completely scrap an essay and start again from scratch including having to think again of a new topic. When i found out we coudl do an essay on anything we wanted i thought this was going to be fun and easy but actually it's been the complete opposite. Also they've given us a ridiculous word count of 1000 words, which is too low. With everythign they want in it. arrggghh

I dont' know if i'll weigh this week, i haven't been eatign too badly but all my clothes feel tight. I know there is no way i could have put 16lbs on in less than a week but i'm seriously feeling like i must have :(
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry *bows profusely*

I have been so very busy this week and was doing research on how to maintain good health and fitness. I have a few ideas. I would love to try out Zumba. When I get home tonight from work, I am going to learn a routine to Waka Waka by Shakira. I think it will be super fun.
    So I have exciting news: I can now jog for a straight 15 mins. Woot! I am working towards being able to run for long periods of time in case there is a zombie apocalypse. This is almost serious. LOL. In real life, of course, I want to have the endurance to run long distance in 5k races this summer.
    I am running into issues with my knee joints, however. I am not sure if I am not running properly or not, or maybe my shoes are just terrible. I am using those 'slimming' shoes that are marketed to make your butt tone while you walk -.-; I can't believe I fell for such a ridiculous marketing scheme, but anyway. I guess I should research getting proper shoes for myself. Any suggestions that won't break my bank account?

Hm, as for the challenge, I don't know if I have been following it. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits but I don't know if I eat as much as you guys have suggested this week. I am still being super healthy though.

I did weigh in on Sunday, but since I didn't end up posting, I will just wait til tomorrow to post so that I can catch up with y'all with weigh-ins.

See you again tomorrow for weigh in!!! Looking forward to it!