Foods you ate, then realized they weren't worth it!

Options
I was craving some of my fav sugar cookies from Rutters. (I live in southern Pa). So I bought them... ate them... then realized they just were not as good as I remembered and just not worth eathing again.

Anyone else have any foods this has happened with???

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'm finding that most of the crap foods I used to eat & loved are NOT worth the calories anymore. A couple of months ago, we went to our once favorite "cheat " meal place, a Chinese fast food joint: Panda Express. I didn't even finish my meal! Didn't taste good anymore and I felt SICK afterwards! I can still down sweets without feeling bad though! :bigsmile:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    milk chocolate hershey bar. Used to gobble them down. got one for valentines day and after about 3 pieces realized it wasn't very good. I realized there were a ton of healthy snacks that I would enjoy way more.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I ate one of those "Hostess" type apple pies yesterday, then I logged it on here and it came up 470 calories. Yeah, that wasn't worth it.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    The Quesadilla's I ordered for today, haven't ate them yet, but seen they were anywhere from 800-1000 calories for the 3... NOT gonna be worth it!
  • shyaamist
    shyaamist Posts: 34
    Options
    About 5 years ago, I stopped eating McDonalds for over a year. I had myself to the point of thinking it would make me sick to eat it. Unfortunatly, one day I had no choice (in a hurry with a 7year old) and started eating it again... Haven't had it now since the end of 2010!
  • LM721
    LM721 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm craving chips right now. I sooo know it's not worth it!!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Those high fiber bars! You know, the ones with about 9g. I can't handle that much soluable fiber and I feel like I"m going to die until they pass through!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I still have several boxes of girl scout cookies
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That happens to me a lot now. I've changed my eating habits so much, so now when I eat pretty much anything that I usually stay away from (candy, fast food, chips, whatever), I think, "Ewww...that doesn't taste as good as I remembered." And then when I log in the cal. afterwards I think, "Wow. That was SO not worth it!" The good thing is that b/c I've gone through this so many times now, I don't even WANT to eat the things I used to crave. I already know that they're not worth it! The only thing that may still tempt me are wings....and they are SO bad for you!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I drank a small orange julius the other day... stupid me, i have never even like them that much... 310 calories wasted
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago, I stopped eating McDonalds for over a year. I had myself to the point of thinking it would make me sick to eat it. Unfortunatly, one day I had no choice (in a hurry with a 7year old) and started eating it again... Haven't had it now since the end of 2010!

Totally been there! I stopped eating McDs in high school and I got a craving for a Big Mac about 7 years ago. I gave in when I had no other option and it was so gross!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Fast food burgers and fries. We went to In N Out for my daughters birthday. It was still yummy, but afterward I felt awful. It gave me the worst upset stomach.
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    I still have several boxes of girl scout cookies

but those ARE worth it. haha!

uh i mean. no. they arent. do not eat them!!!!

i am addicted to wendy's and although i do sometimes get it (not nearly as much as i used to) and think they are almost always worth it, the FRIES on the other hand. i often say they were not worth the calories, especially if they are cold. if they are fresh out of the fryer and hot/warm and perfectly salted and cooked then i dont say that. but i think because of the times that i do go to the drive through (right after lunch or dinner peak so the fries are cold) i always wish i didnt eat the fries. now i try not to even order them because more often than not they arent worth it.
  • prncssj
    prncssj Posts: 12
    Options
    Almost........I just started, so I haven't had that much temptation to worry about, but I almost.....Like just now..... ate a honey bun. I looked it up on here before i ate it and saw that it had 470 calories, so I looked at the honey bun again and noticed it's gooey icing and sudenly got disgusted......went for a fruit cup instead, YAY!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything fast food. I had a major cheat day a few weeks ago and ate chicken express....eeewww so gross! I barely ate it. I kinda miss food making me feel happy......but so glad I dont Depend on food to make me happy!!!
  • prncssj
    Options
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Chips. They don't do anything exept satisfy the crunch craving. I'm better off eating celery or carrots. Chips are just empty calories and high sodium.
  • shyaamist
    shyaamist Posts: 34
    Options
    Almost........I just started, so I haven't had that much temptation to worry about, but I almost.....Like just now..... ate a honey bun. I looked it up on here before i ate it and saw that it had 470 calories, so I looked at the honey bun again and noticed it's gooey icing and sudenly got disgusted......went for a fruit cup instead, YAY!

Congrats!!! You made an excellent decision!!!
  • prncssj
    Options
    That happens to me a lot now. I've changed my eating habits so much, so now when I eat pretty much anything that I usually stay away from (candy, fast food, chips, whatever), I think, "Ewww...that doesn't taste as good as I remembered." And then when I log in the cal. afterwards I think, "Wow. That was SO not worth it!" The good thing is that b/c I've gone through this so many times now, I don't even WANT to eat the things I used to crave. I already know that they're not worth it! The only thing that may still tempt me are wings....and they are SO bad for you!

Wings are BAD?!?!?!?! Oh Geeze, I'm going to have a mess of a hump to get over with that one.....luckily football season is over......
  • prncssj
    Options

Congrats!!! You made an excellent decision!!!

Thanks, I'm debating giving it to a coworker.......but then I kinda feel guilty, like I'm giving them their own personal death sentance, lol.