Foods you ate, then realized they weren't worth it!

Options

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    [Wings are BAD?!?!?!?! Oh Geeze, I'm going to have a mess of a hump to get over with that one.....luckily football season is over......
    Wings are not that bad. I would rather eat a fried chicken wing than a fried pork chop.lol

Depends on where you get them Pizza Hut, they are <100 cals a wing which is a-ok, Kelsey's 1 serving (8 medium wings) is over 2000 calories!!! They MUST stop promoting their all you can eat wings nights... it's going to fatten up Canada for sure!
  • nelliemagine
    nelliemagine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ocean Spray cranberry pomegranate juice. I didn't realize how many grams of sugar are in it!! Also, the chocolate in my desk drawer at work. That's totally worth it if I can have "just a bite". Most of the time I can :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    BTW...those Reeses PB egg shaped things around Easter time? Sooooooooo worth it. I would run a good 45 min on my treadmill to make up for those yummo calories. I hope I'm not making anyone crave those!
    no but you just reminded me of my lovely cadbury cream eggs...those are worth it to me!!

McDonalds has a new McFlurry coming out of Cadbury Cream Eggs + they mailed out BYGO free coupons. Ugh BUT sounds like something I plan on building into my day though, definitely a nice treat.
    that does sound good! yup im def going to have to plan one of those in my day too!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    That happens to me a lot now. I've changed my eating habits so much, so now when I eat pretty much anything that I usually stay away from (candy, fast food, chips, whatever), I think, "Ewww...that doesn't taste as good as I remembered." And then when I log in the cal. afterwards I think, "Wow. That was SO not worth it!" The good thing is that b/c I've gone through this so many times now, I don't even WANT to eat the things I used to crave. I already know that they're not worth it! The only thing that may still tempt me are wings....and they are SO bad for you!

Im getting wings tonight hehe . hittin up the gym before though
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do this with a lot of foods too. Cake, soda, plus fast food, BUT the most surprising to me because I just wasn't thinking was I traded Subway cookies for a blow pop and it had 110 calories, Just a little sucker!!??!?!?!! Should have went ahead and enjoyed the cookies!!
  • shyaamist
    shyaamist Posts: 34
    Options
    UGH!!! Now I'm craving one of those and I've never even tasted it! Maybe a very small one!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    About the wings.....it sure does depend on where you get them, and more so on how they're prepared. If they're deep fried (and most are), they're calorie bombs. Where we go for wings (Taco Mac), 10 wings are a whopping 876 calories! Add blue cheese, fries, and a beer....ugh. But I've seen baked wings before, like at Pizza Hut. Their baked wings are 220 cal. for 10 wings, so that's not bad at all. But of course, I like the deep fried kind, ya know!

And yes, those Reese's peanut butter eggs are definately worth more gym time to me too! :)
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That happens to me a lot now. I've changed my eating habits so much, so now when I eat pretty much anything that I usually stay away from (candy, fast food, chips, whatever), I think, "Ewww...that doesn't taste as good as I remembered." And then when I log in the cal. afterwards I think, "Wow. That was SO not worth it!" The good thing is that b/c I've gone through this so many times now, I don't even WANT to eat the things I used to crave. I already know that they're not worth it! The only thing that may still tempt me are wings....and they are SO bad for you!

Totally agree. I can easily resist most of the junk food I used to eat, but I don't think I'll ever stop craving wings. I worked at BW3 for 2 years (part of the reason I'm here in the first place lol...) and sometimes you just NEED them!
  • tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I love fast food. Although I try to stay away, I cave in at times. It doesn't help that my kid's favorite place is Mcdonalds. I wish they had a pill or something you could take to get rid of fast food cravings. Even though I know it is so bad, it tastes so good.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    BTW...those Reeses PB egg shaped things around Easter time? Sooooooooo worth it. I would run a good 45 min on my treadmill to make up for those yummo calories. I hope I'm not making anyone crave those!
    no but you just reminded me of my lovely cadbury cream eggs...those are worth it to me!!

Oh, ugh! I HATE Cadbury Creme Eggs. My husband and daughter love them. The Cadbury mini eggs are good though.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I had a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli yesterday and realized pretty quickly that eating the whole can wasn't worth it. I wish I'd only had half, because they were still yummy, but way too calorie-dense.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    The fajitas I got at Applebees two months ago...NOT worth the over 1000 calories apparently that are in it. IT wasn't even that good!

Depends on my mood, but we have here in western ny "garbage plates"-I think they are regional but I'm not sure. They are basically macaroni salad, home fries, covered with two cheeseburgers (no buns), and topped with chopped onions and hot meat sauce. (not tomato based, VERY greasy!). I don' teven know how many calories are in one, and I usually feel sick after I eat it. While I'm craving it and eating it...totally worth it...the feeling and guilt afterwards...not worth it at all...
  • kmccoy28
    kmccoy28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had extra calories to eat up as I had done a ton of excersing. I ended up at Taco Bell and I said heck with the Fresco Menu, I want a full fledge Chicken burrito. It must not have been made right and I took two bites and said no more of this. Not worth the 420 calories, I left and went home and had a yummy dessert!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Spicy Tomato & Pepperoni Pasta Bake w/ Cheddar topping - never again
    Cadburys Starbar - probably will cave in every now and then
  • shyaamist
    shyaamist Posts: 34
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not alone with these foods! Hopefully the longer I hold out, the more I will not want the bad stuff!
  • LacieVanMetre
    Options
    Tacos, all tacos. Anything fried, fried food is just not what I thought it once was.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I had a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli yesterday and realized pretty quickly that eating the whole can wasn't worth it. I wish I'd only had half, because they were still yummy, but way too calorie-dense.

My goodness I love canned ravioli!! I haven't had it in a while I eat it cold and can easily down 2 cans and still be hungry. Haven't had those terrors in a loong time!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am wanting a mini blizzard from dairy queen in the worst way! I'm trying to talk myself out of it at this very minute!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I splurge and have a bacon cheeseburger. It's almost sad to admit it, but they just don't even taste good any more.
    Greasy breakfasts no longer taste good either.

But on a positive note, both pizza and beer are still delicious to me. :smile:
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    pizza....Mmm...my family had a meat lovers cheese stuffed crust pizza and chocolate dippers from pizza hut tonight. I resisted that and had organic roasted red pepper and tomato soup with a salad. Now, i think I deserve the blizzard! LOL