Foods you ate, then realized they weren't worth it!

Options

Replies

• Ratgirl35
    Ratgirl35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It was chilly this morning so I had a co-worker pick me up a medium hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts. Put it in and it was 294 calories, that's almost a quarter of my calories gone in no time. :frown:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to whatever I want to eat one day a week, as long as I stay under a certain number of calories for the day. I frequently eat out on those days, and what makes me mad is when I order something that I really DO want, and it turns out to be bad food! I've gone away from the breakfast table hungry the past two Saturday mornings because the food I ordered was prepared so badly and tasted horrible, and I didn't want to waste the calories on a bad meal! :angry:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    milk chocolate. i realized i'd rather have a small piece of dark chocolate and be satisfied!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    McDonalds, Burger King, really any fast-food chain. Not worth the calories and fat. Really doesn't taste that great. And I've had too many "episodes" after eating it. :sick: I haven't completly banned them, I have little kids, but we rarely get fast food anymore. Come to think of it, I'm probably doing my kids a favor. :happy:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I agree with the girl scout cookies! My mom always gets me a box, and I didn't even think to ask her not to this year with working on my weight, but she got me tag-a-longs. I kept them in my office thinking I could indulge now and then with 1 or 2. But I grabbed 2 the other day as a snack and realized...they don't even taste as amazing as I remember. So...handed those over to the kids as a little snack now and then.
  • shannonhales
    Options
    Haha! I am very worried about girl scout cookies and Easter candy right now! I've decided to just allow myself one girl scout cookie and just a few of those Cadbury mini eggs now and then. Not really worth it, but something in my head just won't let me leave them alone completely. :)
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Had 3 fudge graham cookies...ughhh...not worth it.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have cravings for McDonald's all the time, because I really do still love it :(
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I knew my sister had problems with it but I've been eating frozen yogurt for a few months and love it. Had some ice cream with my BF the other night and my digestive track was killing me for the rest of the night. Now I'm nervous to indulge at events and parties because I felt so crappy.
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    I feel super guilty after I have a soda. I had a can today with lunch and regret it now so much. O-well. What's done is done..back to the water! :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Ramon noodles are not worth it....waaaay too much sodium and empty cals. Also, I love the chicken flavored Lipton soup mixes and I have learned that even though they are low cal, they are so high in sodium that they make me feel bloated and sick.

Girl scout cookies are not amazing to me anymore. I over ate them last year. I tried a samoa this year and it was like "what's the big deal". Was happy I felt that way!

What else....hmm....

A non-lite beer, spoonfuls of chocolate chip cookie dough (just one will be fine now, rather than the 5-6 I would have before), and butter on my steamed vegies is just not worth it. Spray butter is though!
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    About 5 years ago, I stopped eating McDonalds for over a year. I had myself to the point of thinking it would make me sick to eat it. Unfortunatly, one day I had no choice (in a hurry with a 7year old) and started eating it again... Haven't had it now since the end of 2010!

I have not ate at McDonalds for 6 yrs and every time I pass one the smell makes my tummy feel all gross.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    BTW...those Reeses PB egg shaped things around Easter time? Sooooooooo worth it. I would run a good 45 min on my treadmill to make up for those yummo calories. I hope I'm not making anyone crave those!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That happens to me a lot now. I've changed my eating habits so much, so now when I eat pretty much anything that I usually stay away from (candy, fast food, chips, whatever), I think, "Ewww...that doesn't taste as good as I remembered." And then when I log in the cal. afterwards I think, "Wow. That was SO not worth it!" The good thing is that b/c I've gone through this so many times now, I don't even WANT to eat the things I used to crave. I already know that they're not worth it! The only thing that may still tempt me are wings....and they are SO bad for you!

Wings are BAD?!?!?!?! Oh Geeze, I'm going to have a mess of a hump to get over with that one.....luckily football season is over......
    Wings are not that bad. I would rather eat a fried chicken wing than a fried pork chop.lol
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I ate one of those "Hostess" type apple pies yesterday, then I logged it on here and it came up 470 calories. Yeah, that wasn't worth it.
    id rather have a home made apple pie...less calories and tastes way better...anything homemade to me is worth the calories...lol...but just a smaller portion size so that way its not quiet as bad.
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake with yellow frosting! There was a time when I ate a piece for my dinner several nights a week when I worked at a grocery store. I was craving it & had a piece last night & it made me feel AWFUL. Didn't taste that good either.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    BTW...those Reeses PB egg shaped things around Easter time? Sooooooooo worth it. I would run a good 45 min on my treadmill to make up for those yummo calories. I hope I'm not making anyone crave those!
    no but you just reminded me of my lovely cadbury cream eggs...those are worth it to me!!
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    My niece was selling candy bars for her school and I bought 3 I had half and then I realized that the half of candy bar was over 200 calories. I gave the rest to my brother.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Costco cake IS worth it... I don't regret it for one second. 1 piece was planned today, 2nd was naughty instinct. Only puts me at 1350 cals for the day so one small workout and pouf, gone!

We need more threads that bring us up not berate poor nutritional choices. Don't feel bad about what you ate, think about it before stuffing it in your face then enjoy it and the company you are with. Work out and enjoy life.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    no but you just reminded me of my lovely cadbury cream eggs...those are worth it to me!!

McDonalds has a new McFlurry coming out of Cadbury Cream Eggs + they mailed out BYGO free coupons. Ugh BUT sounds like something I plan on building into my day though, definitely a nice treat.