July 10th, MFP Runner's Club.

Options
124»

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone on your running!!! YEY EVERYONE!

That is so great to have your sister to run with!!! How far did you go tonight???

I have been + or - for a month now...so I am feeling a little cranky lately. I decided to take today off from everything but logging calories. I went out and about to the park for a picnic with the kiddos and hubby. Then we went to the butterfly house, fed the turtles, chicks, ducks and geese. Umm...taking monsters to gymnastics, then cheer leading meeting...Errr...

So I took today off from working out to bask in my pudgy. ::humph:: :tongue:

that sounds like a PERFECT Mommy day!! Good for you for taking a break and having a nice family day!! Back to Jump roping tomorrow tho!!! :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

that sounds like a PERFECT Mommy day!! Good for you for taking a break and having a nice family day!! Back to Jump roping tomorrow tho!!! :laugh:

I have been wondering...

What do all of you call a "day off?"

We touched on this the other day...But I find myself taking day off of running and then I get the bug to go out and about and I ride my bike...or if I don't do that I get antsy at night and go brisk walking, or early in the day push myself swimming, and now oh crud, I'm jump roping... Everything I'm doing I keep pushing for a goo 500 calories each day. I can not help myself now.

Like right now...it's past 9:00 PM and I'm stir crazy because I didn't go running! Am I becoming a workout addict? Seriously... I feel so restless... What's wrong with me? I went from couch to must GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HELP? Ideas? What's this about? :huh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I have been wondering...

What do all of you call a "day off?"

We touched on this the other day...But I find myself taking day off of running and then I get the bug to go out and about and I ride my bike...or if I don't do that I get antsy at night and go brisk walking, or early in the day push myself swimming, and now oh crud, I'm jump roping... Everything I'm doing I keep pushing for a goo 500 calories each day. I can not help myself now.

Like right now...it's past 9:00 PM and I'm stir crazy because I didn't go running! Am I becoming a workout addict? Seriously... I feel so restless... What's wrong with me? I went from couch to must GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HELP? Ideas? What's this about? :huh:

you are very energetic! I am envious! a rest day for me is just that - rest. No nothing that resembles exercise....my rest day from running/working out is Sunday.

....now I have to say that I am pretty active during the day, I don't rest until late at night most days.....last night I got home at 10pm and stood in the kitchen reading and posting, baked a cake and emptied and loaded the dishwasher and made kids lunches for today....
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    On my way out the door now. If the weather holds I hope to go 3 miles again, but my sister is coming with me to night. She hasn't run all week and doesn't know I plan to push the whole loop. The farthest we ran together was 2.25. Hoping to get another mile out of her. Wish me luck!

I got in a 3.5 mile run! Yahoo! And my stupid (J/K) sister, who I am constantly trying to show up, kept up with me the whole time. She even ripped her toenail off yesterday and still didn't whine as much as I did!

BTW anyone hear of FRS energy stuff? My sister wants me to try it.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    On my way out the door now. If the weather holds I hope to go 3 miles again, but my sister is coming with me to night. She hasn't run all week and doesn't know I plan to push the whole loop. The farthest we ran together was 2.25. Hoping to get another mile out of her. Wish me luck!

I got in a 3.5 mile run! Yahoo! And my stupid (J/K) sister, who I am constantly trying to show up, kept up with me the whole time. She even ripped her toenail off yesterday and still didn't whine as much as I did!

BTW anyone hear of FRS energy stuff? My sister wants me to try it.

there are soooo many of these energy drinks now I cannot tell them all apart! I haven't tried this one but I like the Enviga Green Tea....
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike running shoes. I use them when I bike too (gasp!). But they are VERY comfortable, and I fit great! I have no clue which style they are.

I just sat in the store trying shoes on until I found something my tubby foot could:
    1. Fit my super wide foot into.
    2. Move properly in.
    3. Looked somewhat cute. (I'm a beginner, so at least that wasn't my first goal anymore!) :laugh:

Welcome everyone who started posting! I'm quickly logging around today so I can get outside with the kids before the heat really starts! Good luck everyone!!!