Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading New Moon .
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a lot of stuff for school to read and I don't have time for pleasure reading. Once Summer hits I'll be reading Looking for Alaska, Neverwhere and Johnathan Stange and Mr. Norrell
  • pob75
    pob75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Pre children I was a HUGE bookworm and now they aren't babies anymore I'm just getting back into it.
    I've been hooked on all the vampire books so gave read all the twilight series and vampire diaries and just the sookie stackhouse series, have vampired myself out so have just read the beach house by Jane green and loved it so a nice change from vampy ones.
    I've heard a book called "room" by Emma donnoghue is good so I think that will be my next one
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I am reading Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury....Love it!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Just finished Great Raids in History ( Now that is a man's book...), going to re-read The Man Eaters of Tsavo or The Ecosystem Inside next.

Me loves reading, and writing. Two badd I'm not a guud speller. Public skool....
  • LovelyTasha
    Options
    I am currently re-reading From the Corner of His Eye - Dean Koontz. I'm a BIG Koontz fan!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Broke by Glenn Beck. I last read The Confession by John Grisham.

Both are great reads. Have you read Traitors? I think that was Grisham.

On a side note, any sportsman should read Mark of the Grizzly by Scott McMillion. Very educational.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't read books very often. I'm more of a magazine kind of gal. I did, however, recently finish reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" again. I love that book so much!
  • lbowa2
    lbowa2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just finished Carol Burnett's second auto bio - This Time Together and now I am reading Marlo Thomas' autobio - Growing Up Laughing. I love auto bios and these two ladies are 2 of my favorites! I've got the old Sense and Sensibility lined up next. My problem is I download to many books to my reader and can't decide which to go with!
  • RunOnSentence
    Options
    Not reading it...yet, but I am next in line at the library to pick up a copy of Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell !! :happy:
    It was highly recommended to me by a friend that is a voracious bookworm and none of her recommendations have steered me wrong yet!
    ETA: Great thread - will give me more ideas as to what else to put on hold at the 'brary! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Pre children I was a HUGE bookworm and now they aren't babies anymore I'm just getting back into it.
    I've been hooked on all the vampire books so gave read all the twilight series and vampire diaries and just the sookie stackhouse series, have vampired myself out so have just read the beach house by Jane green and loved it so a nice change from vampy ones.
    I've heard a book called "room" by Emma donnoghue is good so I think that will be my next one

If you like the Sookie Stackhouse books I can recommend giving Rachel Vincent, Kelley Armstrong and Jennifer Rardin (who has unfortunately recently passed away :cry: ) - they're all really good reads.
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I've just finished My Booky Wook by Russell Brand and have just started My Booky Wook 2. I know the titles are silly, but he's good at telling his tragic story in a humorous way. Plus, I usually like "depressing" books like Sylvia Plath or Poe, but I've needed a lift-me-up lately so I'm opting for funny ones instead. I'm probably gonna pick up Chelsea Handler's books soon as well.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Stephen King People...If you haven't read DUMA KEY...it is such a great book. For some reason not as popular as some of his others, but I have never forgotten that story...it is truly haunting. Also, BAG OF BONES really scared me, another one of his. How can you not love Stephen King.
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    Currently reading Dogs and Goddesses - Cruise, Stuart & Rich.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading a bunch of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and a Christopher Pike adult novel "Falling". I have just started the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I have had several friends recomend it. .
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    I just finished reading a bunch of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and a Christopher Pike adult novel "Falling". I have just started the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I have had several friends recomend it. .

Love Janet Evanovich. Have you tried Wicked Appetite?
  • PMaxim
    PMaxim Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm currently reading the 4th book in the Pretty Little Liars series--I know I'm 27 and shouldn't be reading books for teens, but it's just too good! My teenage sister got me hooked on the TV show last summer, and I recently found out it was a book series too...so of course I have to read them.

Young Adult fiction is a standard in my library though--they help me really escape reality, and are great to read after finishing hard to read "grown up" books. I'm currently reading this series to give my brain a break from reading Augusten Burrough's books--though I still have one more to read of his. I've heard "The Wolf At The Table" is harder to get through than the rest--anyone eever read it? I have it on my bookshelf for when I'm through with PLL.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

Love Janet Evanovich. Have you tried Wicked Appetite?
    Not yet, but it is on my list. I read up to to book 15 including the in betweens.
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Dexter books... or I was until I changed my half an hour reading at lunch break to half an hour walking around the city.

I'm on book 3. It's completely different from the TV show. Still very gory... but Dexter, althought more whimpy, seems more sick...

Loving the stories though.

Ran out of Karin Slaughter books. Would recomment those books to anyone... but read them in order :)
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options

If you like the Sookie Stackhouse books I can recommend giving Rachel Vincent, Kelley Armstrong and Jennifer Rardin (who has unfortunately recently passed away :cry: ) - they're all really good reads.
    Love Kelly Armstrong and Rachel Vincent. I have Jennifer Rardin on my to-read list.
    I'm a big fan of Jim Butcher and Laurell K Hamilton too.