What are you reading at the moment?

Options

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo and have The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe on deck...

I'm reading that one as well. Of course I'm juggling that with "First People: A Documentary Survey of American Indian History" and "Before California: An Archaeologist Looks at Our Earliest Inhabitants"
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Ken Follett as well - World Without End.

Mary
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    The Bible, but I read that every day.

I am also reading "Cardio Strength Training" by Robert Dos Remedios. I started to read it because I was reading more and more about how long duration steady state cardio does little to burn fat, and how Interval Training, HIIT and Metabolic Resistance Training are so much better. I have gotten several chapters in, and it has been very eye opening.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i can't believe that i somehow missed this thread! i am such a book worm <3
    i am currently reading (& LOVING) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
    I have a nook if anyone on here has one too & we can be nook friends? lol message me, i have a little collection of ebooks going & would love someone to loan with!

i suggest anyone who hasn't yet, read The Hunger Games series... i couldn't put them down & finished the 3 books in a long weekend.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough, or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis <3
  • Krissy_breann
    Options
    Probably Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I love all of her books!
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    Currently reading Dean Koontz, The Darkest Evening of the Year. A great Richard Matheson book is The Incredible Shrinking Man. Also I Am Legend. Those two will stay in my memory for many years. Might as well though in my all time favorite. Watership Down. I think I have read that book 10 times, including out loud to all three of my kids.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Margin by Dr. Richard Swenson and working through the accompanying workbook, Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst, and lots of magazines....just finished Food Rules by Michael Pollan and am about to start his Omnivore's Dilemma! Oh...also recently read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Love books, need more time to read them!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Water for Elephants is a historical novel by Sara Gruen. The novel centers on Jacob Jankowski and his experiences in a traveling circus called The Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. Gruen originally wrote the novel as part of National Novel Writing Month.[1]
    Contents
    [hide]
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i can't believe that i somehow missed this thread! i am such a book worm <3
    i am currently reading (& LOVING) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
    I have a nook if anyone on here has one too & we can be nook friends? lol message me, i have a little collection of ebooks going & would love someone to loan with!

i suggest anyone who hasn't yet, read The Hunger Games series... i couldn't put them down & finished the 3 books in a long weekend.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough, or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis <3
    Hey me too. Great book!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading At Graves End by Jeanine Frost, The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan and Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein.
  • pob75
    pob75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Pre children I was a HUGE bookworm and now they aren't babies anymore I'm just getting back into it.
    I've been hooked on all the vampire books so gave read all the twilight series and vampire diaries and just the sookie stackhouse series, have vampired myself out so have just read the beach house by Jane green and loved it so a nice change from vampy ones.
    I've heard a book called "room" by Emma donnoghue is good so I think that will be my next one

If you like the Sookie Stackhouse books I can recommend giving Rachel Vincent, Kelley Armstrong and Jennifer Rardin (who has unfortunately recently passed away :cry: ) - they're all really good reads.

Thank you for the recommendation
    Love Kelly Armstrong and Rachel Vincent. I have Jennifer Rardin on my to-read list.
    I'm a big fan of Jim Butcher and Laurell K Hamilton too.
  • pob75
    pob75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Sorry I went a bit wrong there, I wanted to add a quote to my post but it went wrong!!
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Sorry I went a bit wrong there, I wanted to add a quote to my post but it went wrong!!

My hubby loves the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher!
    I'd read up to "White Knight" but really couldn't get into it so I kinda stopped there.

For anyone that likes crime/thriller, I highly recommend Harlan Coben and Linwood Barclay.
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    Just after sunset by stephen king :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Ruby: The Autobiography by Ruby Walsh
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm reading A company of liars by Karen Maitland (actually, I'm listening to it on my ipod) This is the first of her books I've read and it's fairly easy listening. I'm also reading (listening to....) The Wheel of Time series again - by the late (great) Robert Jordan and very much looking forward to Book 14 being released in November this year which will conclude this rather epic tale!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My hubby loves the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher!
    I'd read up to "White Knight" but really couldn't get into it so I kinda stopped there.

For anyone that likes crime/thriller, I highly recommend Harlan Coben and Linwood Barclay.

I think Dresden is an acquired taste lol.
    I decided to start Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning today - book 5 in this series. I'm kinda lost because I read book 4 so long ago.

Also, crime/thriller with a paranormal twist - try Kay Hooper's Special Crimes Unit series. Love them.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    The Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck ... it's good but definitely for the Twilight set
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Int the Woods by Tana French. It's a great police drama. I normally don't like them (except for Dennis Lehane) but this one has me hooked.
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am reading Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury....Love it!
    I love Karen Kingsburry I have read lots of her books:)
    I just finished Hope's Boy by Andrew ? I was really good. It was a true story