6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Week 2 / Day 5 (I wasn't around to post last night; this is for Friday)
    Exercise - 794 for total of 5236 / 3500 (C25K)
    Food -
    Breakfast - brown, white, red
    Lunch - white, yellow, red, green, brown
    Dinner - green, red, white, brown, tan

I went out to dinner last night; the first time in weeks; and I feel it. Although I think I chose healthy and brought home most of the meal as a leftover; I hope I didn't set myself back for weight loss this week. My focus this weekend will be lots of water and getting in extra exercising. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision by going out....
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :). Sorry I've been MIA. I don't know why, but this week has been hard for me to eat the right kinds of foods, and I certainly have not been exercising very much. I need to get out of this slump. I'm attending a conference all day today, but I'm going to go grocery shopping tomorrow, and hopefully that will kick me back into action. I'm also thinking of joining a gym because if I can get myself there, I can burn a ton more calories than I can if I try to do something at home. I don't know... just trying to switch it up because I've gotten a little tired of my old routines...
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @ ceejay - we all get in those slumps sometimes. Good idea to change up your routine with a gym. I find that exercise classes really help me when I get into a rut. Also, if you can find a workout buddy that might help too. My next-door neighbor and I are workout buddies, and that really helps me when I don't feel like working out, I think "oh, Joani's counting on me, I can go and do at least 20 minutes so I don't let her down." Then once I've started I find that the 20 minutes turns into 30 or 40 or more. And when we can't workout together b/c of things going on, we check in with each other to hold each other to it. Works great. Have fun at your conference and then find your new groove!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Just went over my 3500 cals burned this week. WOOT!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    brilliant well done x
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It was raining, and I had errands to do before I headed to work, so I took the day off from serious exercise. I'll finish up my 3500 calories for the week tomorrow.

My horse should be arriving within the next week, so I'll be back to my FUN exercise of riding and taking care of him.
  • jessiandrerob719
    Options
    in!!!! need this bad!:wink:
  • AFGyrl
    AFGyrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've done some major making up in exercise today...582 more calories until goal!!! Wooop Woooop!!! :bigsmile:

Great job Olivia!!
    Switching it up is what keeps me going, ceejay...otherwise I just get bored and quit. You can do it!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    1. Accumulate 500-ish calories burned daily 2/7
    2. Food colors 0/7

Calorie burned total: 1398/3500
    9 calories. I've been doing horrible lately.
    Great job, Olivia!!
  • singer201
    Options
    Did some stair walking on my dinner break at work--wow, that really takes effort!
  • LeslieRoyale
    Options
    Did some stair walking on my dinner break at work--wow, that really takes effort!

Stairs are KILLER!! Good...wait, no, not good....FANTASTIC for you!! :happy:
  • oliviawink
    Options

Stairs are KILLER!! Good...wait, no, not good....FANTASTIC for you!! :happy:

Yeah, the good kind of killer. Sometimes I try just jogging up and down the stairs in my house and after 2 mins, my legs are jelly! Great work, singer!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy weekend; I'm catching up for both Saturday & today.

Week 2 / Day 6 & 7
    Exercise - 2292 for total of 7528 / 3500 (30DS, cycling)
    Food -
    Only hit 3 colors at Breakfast; Lunch & Dinner had 5

Looking forward to hearing this next week's challenges!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great job on burning those calories everyone!! Ceejay, slumps are normal, we're here to support you though!
    I just need a few more in today and I'll have mine burned! I am hoping for a great weigh-in!

Olivia, can you tell me my challenge week again please?
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    im happy with how this challenge went i was really good with the coulours most of the time missed 3 meals in total, im going to keep that one up as often as i can. exercise 5017 cals burned this week, that is the most ive ever burn todate.

on the down side i had a bad day and ended up going way over my cals and sodium levels how that will effect i guess we will see in the morning. ive also in the last day or two made some bad choices, stayed within cals but high fat like chocolate and biscuits:explode: .
    still fingars crossed its not to bad still abit mad at myself, i put in all that work just to mess it up with food choices not next week thats for sure.

is the next challenge going up tonight. i will complety complet the tasks next week.:smile:
  • singer201
    Options
    Hi all,

Here are the Spring into Fitness challenges for the week of Mar 28 - Apr 3.

Fitness goal: Add some strength-training/weight-lifting exercises to your workouts 3 times this week. If you are already doing so, try a different exercise or increase reps or weights.

Food goal: Choose one or two of the nutrient goals in your food diary to target for attention or improvement this week. (For me, it's keeping carbs <100 grams, sodium <1500, and making sure I'm close to my net calorie goal.)

Just for fun challenge: If you've lost a significant amount of weight, put that weight in a backpack and climb a flight of stairs or go for a short walk to see the change. If you are at the beginning of the weight-loss experience, put some of your desired weight loss in a backpack and see what a difference it will make when you lose that amount.

Have fun!
    Rose
  • LeslieRoyale
    Options
    Great challenges, Rose!!
    I JUST bought some resistance bands, and recorded a couple of strength workouts off the tv...so this is PERFECT TIMING!! I do really well on cardio, but I know I need to bump up the strength, so thank you for this!
    I can't wait to analyze my food diary to figure out what nutrients I need to improve :bigsmile:

Awesome week ahead of us!! Let's rock it out!!

Leslie

**UPDATE** I've figured out what I'm going to do for my nutrients~it's more than 2, but I'm going for a 'combo'. More Vitamin A & C and Iron, and LESS Sodium & Cholesterol. Out with the bad, in with the good! If I can keep my sodium under 1800, that will make me happy :bigsmile:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, Singer!! Thanks for thinking of it. :smile:
    I have some 2 pound dumbbells that are just sitting around, so I'll use them and lift. I know, I know, that's definately not a lot of weight. But I'm just not that strong lol. I'm loving the food challenge, but I'm not sure which one I'll focus on. Two weeks this month, I watched my calories and stayed under almost every day for two weeks. I'll go through and see what can use improvement and let you all know before tomorrow. As for the just for fun challenge, I might have to try that. I've only lost 4 pounds, but I might try it with some I want to lose, not sure yet.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    im going to do chestflys with 5lb dumbells 3 times this week and bicep curls with 5lbs 2mins 3 times this week. aftr this week im going to watch my fat content it will not go over at all im going to try to keep that as low as possible this week. also my sodium, i dont think im tracking all my intake, as lots of things in the database just has a 0 but im going to look into what i eat and log everythings sodium and if i am going over i will reduce it.

carry 18lb for 20mins in racksack could be more by morning.

love the challenges singer :smile: