6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Finally found the marksdailyapple exercises; this is the link to the pushup, but the rest of them are linked on this page.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-proper-pushup-technique/
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    SW: 181.2
    CW: 176.2
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thanks for that singer ive had a look and save to favs.
    i done chestflys with 5lbs harder than i thought but i can do it, walk around the garden for 20mins with 19lb in a ruck sac, i now know why i was unable to step over the baby gates (i can now). will do 2 mins of bicep curls in a mo. fat ans sodium looking good
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 weighing in. Sorry it's so late in the day, I haven't really had much of a chance to get on the computer.
    Spring into Fitness SW 147.8
    3/21 145.6
    3/28 147.4
    up 1.8 from last week. I didn't have very much confidence in the scale this morning, anyway.
  • SEStack
    SEStack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 137
    CW: 135.6! So I lost!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!:)
    I strapped on 5 lb ankle weights for my walk which is the total of what I've lost so far. What a difference the walk was. My legs were burning about halfway through it. I also walked with 5 lb hand weights for a total of 20 lbs......made a great strength training walk. Great idea Rose. As for my food diary, I will definately be working on my sodium........I'm doing better but no where near where I want to be yet. Good luck to everyone this week!!
  • sakenne24
    Options
    Hi all!

Another 2.5 lbs gone!

Start: 186
    CW: 181
    GW (by 4/25): 170
  • singer201
    Options
    I worked on the Primal Fitness exercises today. It's a good thing that they are a gradual progression for out-of-shape beginners. I'm certainly not as strong as I was when I was 18.

If you sign up for the Primal Blueprint newsletter, you can download an E-book entitled "Primal Blueprint Fitness". It includes the five progressive strength exercises and guidelines for appropriate cardio fitness, sprinting, and play. This is a program I can follow for life.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Spring into Fitness SW 197.6
    3/21 193.4
    3/28 191.2
    down 2.2 from last week

Last week, I had found some strength exercises (pushups, chinups, etc.) on Marksdailyapple,com that had progressive modifications for beginners. Of course, I can't find the page now, but I'll keep looking and share.

I'm aiming for <100 g carbs, <1500 mg sodium, and meeting my net calorie goal.

wow singer, it seems like just yesterday you hit ONEderland, now you're almost out of the 190s. You've got some good momentum girly! Keep up the great work!
  • singer201
    Options
    Olivia, yes, it feels wonderful! I credit Primal Blueprint for the food plan and this challenge group for keeping me motivated to exercise.

Knight (my BLM mustang) should be here on Wednesday! Can you tell I'm excited??
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    You are doing fabulous Rose! I'm sure you are super excited about your horse. I was checking out the calorie burn on horseback riding.....pretty good burn too!! You can do something you enjoy and burn calories too:) I'm finding my niche of what I enjoy doing for exercise. It makes the time go by so much faster if you are having fun doing it:)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    Staying under fat recommendation: 1/7
    Weights: 1/7

I'm starting out good this week. I think I had seven fats left and I did some dumbbell presses earlier today.
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    Oh, yes, my challenges.

Stayed under carbs and sodium! woohooo!
    Did not do any strength training. I fell asleep on the couch after dinner. In my gym clothes, actually. lolol I woke up and felt like a doofus. Oh well, I got yoga in. Plan on going to the gym right after work tomorrow so I can't lose my motivation!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody
    Today was good...nice loss, under on the 'bad' nutrients (sodium & cholesterol) met/exceeded good nutrients (Vitamins & Iron).
    This is really helping me to remember to take my vitamins!! It's been MONTHS, and I know I need to get back into the habit.

AND, even though I got distracted by the hockey game on tv, and skipped the 'workout', I did work my arms out while watching!! So...yay for strength work two days in a row!! :bigsmile:

Have a great Tuesday!!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I added 3 lb. dumbbells to my walking today...I only did 2 miles today, less than normal. I'm tired from last weeks challenge, LOL. Also did stretch band work during the walk too. Tomorrow I'm going to do the shred a little I believe, I need some ankle weights!
    Singer, I bet you are excited for your horse! I'd love to horseback ride. Primal Blueprint sounds very interesting too, I'm gonna look into it.
    I made a fabulous pizza today, Angelas idea...chicken spinach alfredo pizza on a pita bread. I used very little alfredo and cheese, added baby spinach, garlic, and mushroom, it was wonderful.
    I'm going to watch my cals to make sure I'm not too far under and my sodium as always. My sodium made me so mad I took it off my diary for awhile but I couldn't just not know, so it's back on now! Devil sodium! :grumble:
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Did ok on today's challenges. A bit over on carbs, but much reduced in sodium, so overall a gain.
    Didn't do a lot of weights today, still very sore from my ultimate frisbee games (2 1.5 hr games back-to-back) yesterday, so I only did a 20ish minute work out with some weight work, not above-and-beyond as Rose has challenged us to. did get some good cardio in. Not quite 500 cals burned today, but I'll settle for 411 after the huge up in cal burn last week. Tomorrow I'm gonna hit the weights hard!

I'm thinking that the scale is going to tell me good things in the morning. Thinking positive thoughts. My neighbor that I work out with 4-6 days/week told me tonite that she can see a huge difference. When I told her my total loss, she told me that it looked like way more. That's what I needed to hear.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No change to last week.
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here are the Spring into Fitness challenges for the week of Mar 28 - Apr 3.

Fitness goal: Add some strength-training/weight-lifting exercises to your workouts 3 times this week. If you are already doing so, try a different exercise or increase reps or weights.

Food goal: Choose one or two of the nutrient goals in your food diary to target for attention or improvement this week. (For me, it's keeping carbs <100 grams, sodium <1500, and making sure I'm close to my net calorie goal.)

Just for fun challenge: If you've lost a significant amount of weight, put that weight in a backpack and climb a flight of stairs or go for a short walk to see the change. If you are at the beginning of the weight-loss experience, put some of your desired weight loss in a backpack and see what a difference it will make when you lose that amount.

Have fun!
    Rose

LOVE this weeks challenges

Will definitely be doing these :)

Will put 10lb in a backpack as although it isnt much I can feel the difference when doing certain things like jumping jacks that I havent got that extra weight and although I am far from being one I sometimes feel like a fairy floating without that extra weight lol - does that sound strange?!?!

I will use my resistance bands this week and get in some additional strength training with them - havent used them for about a month now - so thankyou for the motivation to use them :)

Im not sure what to do for my nutrient goal as I have a hard time 99% of the time reaching my goal anyway apart from protein which I more often than not go over (but Ive heard its a good thing) so guess I will maybe try and eat more calories (I always have around 400 (mostly more) left over.

Thanks ahain for setting te challenges :)
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week at 234.2. I need to kick into high gear!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    I'm thinking that the scale is going to tell me good things in the morning. Thinking positive thoughts. My neighbor that I work out with 4-6 days/week told me tonite that she can see a huge difference. When I told her my total loss, she told me that it looked like way more. That's what I needed to hear.

Olivia, this is really good because it means your loss is probably mostly fat loss...when you lose 10 lbs of fat, it looks like 20 lbs because fat is light but takes up alot of space. :)