6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Week 3 / Day 1 (didn't get a chance to report in last night)

Exercise - I added ankle weights to my 30DS & cycling; added an incline to my treadmill run & walk (hopefully I can count this??)
    Food - stayed below 1,000 on sodium
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    So far I have logged weights for:
    SEStack
    downby15
    ceejay000
    debcarv
    Julieash
    kylakesgal
    jessicamarie81
    oliviawink
    kcthatsme
    norcalbeezy
    sakenne
    roselynsy
    sheilabennett
    gorgeousgunner
    unodiamante
    singer201
    leslieroyale
    c100700
    stefv86
    kris1085
    lunarokra
    aab1
    sueceeq
    chickadee2010
    ngory07

I'll be waiting to crunch numbers and post for tonite to give people more time to post weigh-in. Please let me know if I missed you.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry for the delay, I've been out of it for a couple days due to a cold :sick: . CW 255, no change.

I like strength training. I'm going to try and do push-ups everyday and we'll see how many I can do by the end of the week. As for which nutrient goals, probably will be sugar and calcium. I like the weight in a bag idea, I can do that while I'm cleaning. Take care everyone.

It's my turn to make the challenge next week, I'll have to think of something good.:wink:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    im noton there I lose 1lb :) now down to 137 :)
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    todays been a good day done 30ds level one and used 5lb on chestflys also 20mins of stepups including 2mins of 5lb bicep curls

5lb chestflys 2/3
    mins 5lb BC 2/3
    20mins walking with 19lb 1/1

fat ok sodium ok
  • soccerlyss08
    soccerlyss08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. CW: 156. No change :(

I already strength train several times a week, but I'll try to up my reps. And I plan to watch my sugar more closely (the rest is usually pretty good).
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean for you to do regular exercise with the backpack of "lost" weight. It's just a one time thing to give you some "atta-girls" and motivation to keep going.

Reading through the Primal Fitness E-book, I learned that what I've been doing with walking and yard work, and soon will be doing with riding and horse chores, is excellent for fitness. My main need is to get my strength back, which should come as I work on the 5 essential movements (squats, pull-ups/chin-ups, push-ups, planks, and overhead presses).

Walked for 48 minutes at 3.66 mph (taking it a little easier today) and did yard work for 21 minutes (using the squat exercise).
  • roselynsy
    Options
    5lb chestflys 2/3
    mins 5lb BC 2/3
    20mins walking with 19lb 1/1

thats my totals for the week i only have todo one more lot of chestfly and bc and ive done my extra ST. although i did kinda like the walking with weight and will for sure do it again even if its once every other week.:smile:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I have been out if town. My weigh in is 172. Lost 2" off my waist, hips,
  • oliviawink
    Options
    @melissaol - I don't have a start or goal weight for you. can you repost? thanks
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    Staying under fat recommendation: 2/7
    Weights: 2/7

I got both done today too. Sorry I haven't been very active on here. I have many challenges I'm doing and it's hard to be on the boards all the time, but I do read. You all have been doing wonderful!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Did much better today on our challenges. Feeling good about the process of thinking about more than just cals in my food, and pushing my strength training a bit more.

reducing carbs to ~100: 1/7
    staying under on salt: 2/7 (today I'm not even at 1000 mg yet, which is really good for me)
    kettlebell workouts: 1/3

Haven't done the additional challenge of strolling around with the lost weight, but I'm going to soon. Although, every time I lift my 10lb kettlebell, I think dang, I can't believe I lost (a bit) more weight than this! It's a good solid amount of weight to lose in just over 6 weeks!
  • aab1
    Options
    Worked out with the ankle weights during 30DS & cycling. I can feel it in my calf muscles.

I hit 2,000 on sodium today; here I think I'm eating healthy with plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc...but there's so much sodium in everything. ARRRGH!!! :mad: I'm impressed with those of you that can keep your sodium so low! Are you eating primarily veggies & salad????

I haven't carried around my lost weight yet...I''m hoping if we get nice weather later this week I'll go for a walk.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cottage cheese really high in sodium. I was thinking it would be a good high protein food to use often, but then I looked carefully at the nutrition stats--440 mg of sodium for 1/2 cup! Greek yogurt is much better for a dairy protein source, especially if you eat the unsweetened kind.

To keep sodium <1500 mg, I eat a LOT of plain raw veggies (though they could be cooked, as well), either in salad or as finger foods. Small servings of fruit for desserts. I've been eating relatively plain beef, chicken, shrimp, and fish and using just tiny amounts of condiments like tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, and A-1. I don't salt eggs and egg dishes like quiche anymore, and don't really notice the difference. I haven't been eating bread lately, and that's a way to cut salt quite a bit. Almost anything that comes in a box is going to be high in sodium.

Cutting down on salt works just like cutting down on sugar. It just takes a little while to get used to the way things taste, and then you wonder how you added so much to foods in "the before".
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Great job this week everyone! I have the following 29 women weighed in with this difference from last week:
    SEStack -1.4
    madamelaporte 5
    downby15 0
    ceejay000 0
    debcarv 0
    Julieash 0.8
    soccerlyss08 0
    kylakesgal -0.8
    jessicamarie81 -1.5
    oliviawink -1
    Melissaol 0 (this might be wrong, but I don't have an initial weigh-in)
    kcthatsme -1.4
    norcalbeezy -1.6
    sakenne -2.5
    roselynsy -1
    sheilabennett -1.8
    gorgeousgunner 0
    unodiamante -4.2
    singer201 -2.6
    leslieroyale -4
    c100700 -0.6
    stefv86 -4
    kris1085 -3
    lunarokra 0
    aab1 0
    sueceeq 0
    chickadee2010 1.8
    ngory07 -5
    nikki8marie 0

These 29 women have a total loss of 28.8 lbs. Pretty good for week 2, about 1 lb/per/week. Nice healthy weight loss. WTG everyone! (and sorry if I missed anyone, only human :flowerforyou: )
  • roselynsy
    Options
    Worked out with the ankle weights during 30DS & cycling. I can feel it in my calf muscles.

I hit 2,000 on sodium today; here I think I'm eating healthy with plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc...but there's so much sodium in everything. ARRRGH!!! :mad: I'm impressed with those of you that can keep your sodium so low! Are you eating primarily veggies & salad????

I haven't carried around my lost weight yet...I''m hoping if we get nice weather later this week I'll go for a walk.

im still not 100% sure im logging it all but like singer im not eat hardly any bread now i also eat lots of veg /fruit (mainly veg) and lean meats chicken pork venision, i not longer add salt to anything. also when possible i make my own soups as i was eating alot of bought ones, i cant believe how much salts in them. i also eat alot of fish and shellfish now (with side salad) and a little sauce

when im eating somthing, i think, i probs shouldnt. i tend to always have a smaller portion. i a great believer of you can have what ever you want as long as its in the right quantity. a little of everything does you good.

i still have along way to go but im getting much better at quanititys and how often now
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs last week.
    My cw. 172
    also lost 2" off my hips.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

im still not 100% sure im logging it all but like singer im not eat hardly any bread now i also eat lots of veg /fruit (mainly veg) and lean meats chicken pork venision, i not longer add salt to anything. also when possible i make my own soups as i was eating alot of bought ones, i cant believe how much salts in them. i also eat alot of fish and shellfish now (with side salad) and a little sauce

when im eating somthing, i think, i probs shouldnt. i tend to always have a smaller portion. i a great believer of you can have what ever you want as long as its in the right quantity. a little of everything does you good.

i still have along way to go but im getting much better at quanititys and how often now

Quantity and portions are everything! It's important to indulge a tad every now and then to not feel deprived. I find that just a couple bites of something not so good for me really satisfies me now.
    I was also shocked at how much sodium canned soup has...and lunch meat! Now I just cook my own chicken and meats at home, saves a TON on sodium. Also making your own soup is great too, I haven't really done that yet since eating right but I see so many recipes I want to try.

So far this week I've added 3 lb. dumbbells to my walks and incorporated the stretch band too. I really want to buy some ankle weights, what a great idea to wear those while doing housework! Been watching sodium, I did pretty good with it yesterday...I'd love to lower it to 1500 a day, I really need to. You all are right when you say it's hard to lower sodium, it's very hard. And like you said, if it comes from a box or a can, it's probably going to be sky high.
  • aab1
    Options
    Hellllllooooooo ONEDERLAND!!!! :bigsmile:
    196 for me this week...that's 4 lbs for me too!!

@Leslie - Congratulations on hitting ONEderland!!!! Nice work!!
    Week 1: Total loss for 34 women: 52.1
    Week 2: Total loss for 29 women: 28.8 lbs.

We're doing awesome!!! (@Olivia - hope you don't mind I'm tweaking & tracking the weekly total weight loss!)
    Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all:)
    On Monday's weigh in, I was disappointed with just -.8 weight loss but weighed myself again yesterday morning and I was down another pound!! Woohoo:) I'm not even going to update that yet, hoping I'll have more loss to go along with that come Monday. I'm loving the extra strength training this week. I bought some ankle/wrist weights and using those along with my walks and exercises. I'm tracking my sodium like crazy and pretty much know what to avoid now. I don't salt anything anymore either. It's funny because my husband says he feels like he is eating in a nursing home these days lol. Oh well, he can add salt if he likes....I don't even miss the salt so much now:) Happy Hump day!