Hello my Vain Friends

Options
13»

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say I'm doing it for my health, but I'm already healthy. I'm just overweight and tired of the fat rolls protruding from beneath my shirts. I want to look good like I did when I was 16-18 years old. I was at my ideal weight then. My health at the moment is great. Bloodwork is fine, blood pressure is fine, no other problems, so that is not what drives me to lose weight at the moment. I just want to be HOT again. So I'm with you, love.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Dictionary.com defines 'vain' as "excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited"

I think there's a difference between being vain and just wanting to look good. The term vain implies an EXCESSIVE concern about one's appearance, which I don't think a lot of people on here have.

There's a difference between being conceited and just wanting to be confident in yourself. I want to lose weight to look good and feel good about myself, but I am not obsessed with my appearance. I also want to be healthy and live longer.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Hell yeah! I personally don't think it's all that bad to want to look good but then again I don't think that being a lush is a bad thing either. :bigsmile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I want to look good for my wedding, so ultimately vanity is a huge part of it! Of course, being healthy and living a long life with my future husband are subtitles to the vanity.:-)

Shannon
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Me, and I don't apologize for it. Of course, the energy and feeling awesome I get from it is an added bonus.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah it's vanity, I want to be a HOT bride...I'm not really thinking about my cholesterol, or being around for my kid...I'm thinking i want to wear the smallest wedding gown I can, and not be the fattest bridesmaid in my best friends wedding...I am doing this for purely vain reasons. I just don't tell anyone lol
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Now that Carly Simon song is going through my head...."You're so vain...." :smile:
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above.. All answers fit for me! I'd like to go swimming in Vegas in October and not be self conscious about not wearing a shirt. So yeah, it's about vanity. I also want to look good, feel energized, and live a long and healthy life. It's for my wife, my kids, my family, but most importantly ME!

If I feel good I will have the energy and ability to make others feel good. Call it vanity, call it what you like!

Just my two cents!

Matt