Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie w/ PHOTO, 3 WW Points

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
I took today off from work just for fun; I’m going to Turbo Jam, study, re-format and nutritionally calculate my recipe binder AND finally cook some of the recipes that were sitting in my “Must Try” document FOREVER!

This was my breakfast creation, soooooo delicious! Perfect as a dessert or breakfast. I’ve added it to the recipe section entitled ‘Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie - 3 WW Points’

* Lunch time recipe to follow in a few minutes, Roasted Red Pepper Soup, also a hit!

Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie

½ cup skim milk
½ cup non-fat cottage cheese (I used Nordica 0%, 90 cals per ½ cup)
6 packets sweetener
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries, frozen (mine were fresh that I cut up and froze a little wile back)

Directions: combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. * Serves 1.

WW Points: 3
Nutrition: 192 calories, 516mg sodium, 33g carbs, 4g fiber, 0g fat, 19g protein.

Picture514.jpg

Replies

• tinalina81
    Options
    Copied it, will HAVE to try it!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this. =]
  • lexis0911
    lexis0911 Posts: 50
    Options
    yummy!! thanks for sharing!!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yum... sounds & looks very good. Thanks for sharing!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    6 packets of sweetener in ONE smoothie? Isnt' that equivalent in sweetness to 12 tsp of sugar?!?!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    6 packets of sweetener in ONE smoothie? Isnt' that equivalent in sweetness to 12 tsp of sugar?!?!

Probably why it tasted so good ;)

You can always reduce it, I put in 6 b/c that’s what my notes said but I'm sure 3 with the vanilla and strawberries is enough. I personally wouldnt use less than 3 since I want to make sure this tastes sweet and NOT like cottage cheese.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Was that a cup of sliced or whole strawberries, your carbs look way off, unless there are carbs in your sweetener. I just ran it thru the recipe calculator and only came up with 18 carbs.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Was that a cup of sliced or whole strawberries, your carbs look way off, unless there are carbs in your sweetener. I just ran it thru the recipe calculator and only came up with 18 carbs.

Of course recipies will vary based on YOUR ingrediants. One cup of strawberries raw sliced has 13 carbs, most sweetener has carbs (other than Equal I believe) so that was logged as splenda 0 cal packets = 6 carbs. Milk has carbs so does cottage cheese.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    this recipe sounds really good..seems like a normal smoothy except for the cottage cheese..is that what makes it taste cheese-cake-like?
  • freerange
    Options

Of course recipies will vary based on YOUR ingrediants. One cup of strawberries raw sliced has 13 carbs, most sweetener has carbs (other than Equal I believe) so that was logged as splenda 0 cal packets = 6 carbs. Milk has carbs so does cottage cheese.

Thanks sliced v whole makes a big diff too. Splenda 0 cals w/ 6 carbs, hmmmm carbs have 4 cals each, makes you wonder how they can market it as 0 cals.
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid anything with cottage cheese. I never liked it. This might be a good way to mask the taste and consistency. Thnx for sharing.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    not sure what splenda you guys are using..mine says 1 carb
  • freerange
    Options
    not sure what splenda you guys are using..mine says 1 carb

I think she meant 6 total for all 6 packs. My bad.
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • viclynn
    viclynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That is BEAUTIFUL even just to look at !
  • ejmcam
    Options
    I bet you can replace the cottage cheese with greek yogurt for just a slight difference in taste. Not sure how it would affect ww points, but greek yogurt is super high in protein!
  • ejmcam
    Options
    I bet you can replace the cottage cheese with greek yogurt for just a slight difference in taste. Not sure how it would affect ww points, but greek yogurt is super high in protein!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Sounds scrumptious!!! Love cheese cake
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Looks very tasty! I'd bet you could sub 1 cup of any frozen fruit, too.