• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This is also super cute

41jX0skCy0L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I think if you are a fitness nut and having to tell you kiddo to stay back off of Mommy's tread mill it would be a great way to keep the child occupied and feel like they have their own.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    my kids like to imitate me. They wii fit beside me, they zumba with me, they lift little weights with me. If I ran on the treadmill, I would have a hard time keeping them off...this seems the perfect answer to that problem....

I totally agree with this because I find my youngest two taking my dining room chairs laying them down and "jogging" on the backs of them like they are a treadmill. This toy would save me from telling them they shouldn't do that. They see and just know that I use mine on a daily basis. This is the first good thing that the have imitated me doing and I don't want to discourage them. I do agree however, that kids really should be outside playing so I do take them on walks too.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Unless that thing is adjustable, it's encouraging bad posture (look at how stooped over that little girl is) on top of starting them off way too early thinking about body image. My step-brother once made a comment to his 8-year old daughter that she was looking a little chubby and my step-mother, 2 step-sisters and I nearly took his head off!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    This is also super cute

41jX0skCy0L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hehe... love it. My friend has her daughter in a daycare that has a gym with a variety of equipment, including bikes, treadmills, etc. It's the kids most favorite TOYS because they love the idea of being grown up and just like their parents. This helps kids be aware of healthy habits.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people are saying that instead of kids using this as exercise, they should be outside playing instead.... well that being said... what example are you showing your kids? are you outside playing? or are you using a tread mill? kids learn what they are shown...

yes its excessive, yes its cute, yes its true that kids will mimmick thier parents... so to me... if you are using a treadmill, but saying that a childrens treadmill is ridiculous and abusive, wrong step back and realize that children learn from those around them... maybe we should all get out and play a little more? go running and bike riding a little more.....

I agree... its cute.. I agree... its excessive... but the wii machine does the same thing, but they just attach a video game screen to it so it looks more like a game.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Unless that thing is adjustable, it's encouraging bad posture (look at how stooped over that little girl is) on top of starting them off way too early thinking about body image. My step-brother once made a comment to his 8-year old daughter that she was looking a little chubby and my step-mother, 2 step-sisters and I nearly took his head off!

How is a toy treadmill that a child uses to imitate their parents leading to think about body image.So if we go by that,then I probobly shouldnt let my daughter play with baby dolls cause she might end up thinking about being a mommy and get pregnant at 15.lol
    Thats just my opinion.There is a big diffrence between someone telling their kid they look chubby and giving them a toy.
  • Pochapski
    Options
    Just curious do you have kids?

This isn't a product I would buy. But I can see the value in it. My kids LOVE to exercise with me. When they were younger and I had a treadmill vs the elliptical I have now, they really really wanted to walk on it with me or when I was done. This child's one is a safer alternative. It also would keep the child busy while mom is working out. Kids love to mimic adults and this is just another way to do that. I don't think it's over the top.

And regards to playing outside - yes, when the weather is good, of course playing outside is best, but not always an option when it's too cold, windy, raining or too early in Am to be up and out there yet.

I agree with that!

As well as this:

- Rain, ice, snow and weather conditions are one thing.
    - If The parent sprains an ankle and can't go outside to run with the child is another.
    - Living in a bad area safety-wise..
    - Dark outside early...
    - Kid has a cold and is being kept indoors...
    - Social anxiety....
    - Learning how to walk...
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people are saying that instead of kids using this as exercise, they should be outside playing instead.... well that being said... what example are you showing your kids? are you outside playing? or are you using a tread mill? kids learn what they are shown...

yes its excessive, yes its cute, yes its true that kids will mimmick thier parents... so to me... if you are using a treadmill, but saying that a childrens treadmill is ridiculous and abusive, wrong step back and realize that children learn from those around them... maybe we should all get out and play a little more? go running and bike riding a little more.....

I agree... its cute.. I agree... its excessive... but the wii machine does the same thing, but they just attach a video game screen to it so it looks more like a game.

If what you and a lot of people are saying is to promote our kids copying us parents...Should we also...

Let our kids stay up til midnight?
    Let our kids drink alcohol?
    Let our kids use knives?
    Let our kids see R Rated Movies?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Adults are adults and kids ARE still JUST KIDS!!!

When I was a kid, I always heard from my parents "Wait til your older, THAN you can do that"...for just about EVERYTHING!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

If what you and a lot of people are saying is to promote our kids copying us parents...Should we also...

Let our kids use knives?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

When I was a kid, I always heard from my parents "Wait til your older, THAN you can do that"...for just about EVERYTHING!!

ok so should we take away the baby dolls,the handy mandy tool sets,toy cars,Umm I see lots of toy knives and guns.Its a toy TREADMILL pretty harmless.Kids imatate there parents what is wrong with them initating exercise,ITS JUST A TOY
    Have you not noticed almsot all kids toys are an imitation of grown up things? So lets get rid of them all then by your logic because kids should be kids right?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

Let our kids use knives?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Letting your kids watch graphic sex and violence scenes in r rated movies... and letting a kid use a knife (for what exactly) and letting your kids drink alcohol that leads to so many bad things in and of itself.. depriving them of necessary sleep by letting them stay up late.....are COMPLETELY different than letting them play on a toy tread mill..... Knives alcohol, sex drugs and violence arent' good things... working out and creating good habits are...
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    wow... wouldn't it be better to go outside n play?!

I totally agree! That is ridiculous!
  • polar5554
    Options

Let our kids use knives?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

ok so should we take away the baby dolls,the handy mandy tool sets,toy cars,Umm I see lots of toy knives and guns.Its a toy TREADMILL pretty harmless.Kids imatate there parents what is wrong with them initating exercise,ITS JUST A TOY
    Have you not noticed almsot all kids toys are an imitation of grown up things? So lets get rid of them all then by your logic because kids should be kids right?

If it was just a "Toy" than it would be in the toy section of Amazon and not Sporting Goods.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I could see setting this up for your kid to work out with you but, I'm sure that they'd get just as bored on it as I do on a treadmill and may opt to actually run AFTER something and play. How about a nice game of tag and/or catch with your kid? I don't think it's a bad toy, just not that much of a fun toy.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I looked it up it is in the toy section also. so what if its in the sports a fitness section to I still dont see the big deal
  • polar5554
    Options

Let our kids use knives?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Letting your kids watch graphic sex and violence scenes in r rated movies... and letting a kid use a knife (for what exactly) and letting your kids drink alcohol that leads to so many bad things in and of itself.. depriving them of necessary sleep by letting them stay up late.....are COMPLETELY different than letting them play on a toy tread mill..... Knives alcohol, sex drugs and violence arent' good things... working out and creating good habits are...

The point is...that kids don't have the luxury of having EVERYTHING that adults do.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    my kids like to imitate me. They wii fit beside me, they zumba with me, they lift little weights with me. If I ran on the treadmill, I would have a hard time keeping them off...this seems the perfect answer to that problem....

Is it not possible to run with them outside?

I suppose it would help if you were at different speeds. I tried running with the kid I babysit for, with him on his bike. It was a total disaster.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i agree with going outside to play. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a video game or a tv or something. LOL
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i agree with going outside to play. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a video game or a tv or something. LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Let our kids use knives?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

The point is...that kids don't have the luxury of having EVERYTHING that adults do.

Ok then should we take away baby dolls,little girl make up dress up clothes because those are all imitations of grown up things,so whats the diffrence?