Over 150 lbs to lose....

Options

Replies

• malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi! Can I join you lovely ladies?

I started using MFP about 2 weeks ago, and then started reading some posts here and there. I feel like I get lost in the topics.. or I'm a natural born thread killer, lol.

I'm also looking for support and friends to keep me succesfully on my journey.

As of last August I weighed 307lbs. Then we moved to a new home where the kitchen wasn't a room you walked thru to get to every room.. which lead to snacking. I started to lose and decided to slowly continue it with smarter food choices. I even started making bento type meals and that's been so much fun. My husband had a massive heart attack in mid november and that changed my focus a bit but I still continued to lose a bit here and there.

My final push to get on the right track was getting over my severe self confidence and insecurities and joined a gym. I love it! I either go by myself or with my best friend and I feel great which keeps me going. I'm also seeing a personal trainer every 2-3weeks and am hoping to get a good, strong fitness plan thru that.

I'm pleased to say that as of this morning I have lost a total of 40lbs since August!!

I'm coming up on a challenge though as I always derail myself and never get over a 47lb loss... except for this time! I am determined to keep going. I've completely changed my mind set and while I set mini goals, I don't always achieve them... However the scale keeps going down so that is more important. I have another 117lbs to go to the weight I've always aimed for. I may go lower.. I may stay there... but it doesn't matter as long as I keep working towards that goal!

:)

You absolutely may join us! Happy to have you and glad to "meet" you! You have done so well, do not let the past get in the way of your lovely future!! I love this thread. Please join in supporting and encouraging each other.....Best wishes to you......
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Last night I managed to stay under my calorie goal for the 4th day in a row... and I'm enjoying the motivation of seeing the scale move consistently down. I keep expecting it to bounce up even if just a little... but have managed to drop 5lbs in the past week. 9lbs left to get to a 50lb loss!!

how is everyone else's day starting off?
  • malias
    Options
    keljo - That is fabulous! That 50 lbs will be here before you know it if you keep doing what you're doing! Good for you!

TGIF! Glad it's friday but the weekend is the hardest for me to stay on track. I've set my weigh in days to Mondays so I have less risk of overeating on the weekend! Keeps me accountable. Going to try to walk again today. This time, going to attempt 30 minutes without having to rest. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • keljo05
    Options
    Malais - How did the walk go?

I did my typical friday routine... strength training during lunch.... then cardio after work. I work almost around the corner from the gym.. and on certain days can squueze out a longer lunch so it works out perfectly.... then I drive right by on the way home... no easy excuses for me, lol
  • mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    oh boy am i in the same boat with you. i had gastric bypass in 2004 and lost 150 lbs. then in 2006 i was diagnosed with breast cancer. and gained it all back. i am sick and tired of being sick and tired. so now to get it back off. taking it one day at a time one step at a time.
  • malias
    Options
    keljo - I only walked for 20 minutes, but it was a brish 3 mph walk and I didnt sit down, not even once! That is good for me : ) Thanks for asking!

mkum - YOU can do it! AGAIN! That must have been a very difficult time in your life. Glad you are with us and are joining us on our journey. If we can help you at all, feel free to ask!

Have a great night all....will check in tomorrow!
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I SO know what you mean. I have fallen in LOVE with this site and the stepping stones it has given me to lose the weight I have. I still have a little ways to go. But I dont think I would have made it this far without the people and the information on this site! Good luck on your journey! STICK WITH IT is the BEST advice anyone can give you! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 175lbs I want to lose. I am at my highest ever right now, and I feel so horrible that I let myself get like this. My mini goal is to be under 300.. I know that still seems super heavy but I haven't been under 300 in over 3 years. I have already lost 14.. I think a little more than that. I am trying to weigh myself once a week but I cheat... so I am only entering it in here once a week. I am hoping to find a good support system on here. :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have nearly 300 lbs to lose but back in early 06 I lost 100 but a few years later it found me along with nearly a 100 more lbs.

I'm in the same boat here. I've been heavy my whole life, but with the support of family and friends I'm now on the way. I've lost a total of 58 pounds over the last 5 weeks and I'm stoked to keep moving forward. I just found this site yesterday and it's been a great help already. I'm here to support TS and everyone here. I hope each and every one of you have success in your journey ahead. :happy:
  • malias
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone. Do you have any challenges this weekend? If so, are you making a plan to handle them? Here's to a successful weekend for everyone!
  • Nikki1609
    Nikki1609 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have over 100lbs to lose, please all add me !! i need some support!!
  • keljo05
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone. Do you have any challenges this weekend? If so, are you making a plan to handle them? Here's to a successful weekend for everyone!

I didn't think I had any challenges, just a day out today to take our son to see Thomas and Friends Live on Stage... then DH woke up and has been an *kitten* (can I say that here?) ALLLLLLLLLL day. He just made a big deal out of me letting him go to a friends house for a few hours. FIrst off I've NEVER said he couldn't spend time with his friends... Second.. PLEASE go!!! ugh!

I've been eating too few calories for the last few days and decided today was fine to be at 1200... to 1390 (my daily goal) or even slightly over. I thought for sure I had blown it completely before dinner because he's being such a jerk. Lunch was a great example.. we got salad bar stuff at a grocery store on the way home. I got a cesar salad with egg and a few chunks of ham.... and some new england clam chowder. As soon as we leave the parking space he's pulling out my lunch and being moody as to why i'm not eating..... UHMMMMM I"M DRIVING!!!!.. I think I've logged everything... and I'm right around 1000. I can make a sensible dinner.. or maybe have a glass of wine as well to intentionally go a little over

tomorrow I'll go to the gym (usually my one day always off)...i'm relaxing for the rest of the day.
  • malias
    Options

I didn't think I had any challenges, just a day out today to take our son to see Thomas and Friends Live on Stage... then DH woke up and has been an *kitten* (can I say that here?) ALLLLLLLLLL day. He just made a big deal out of me letting him go to a friends house for a few hours. FIrst off I've NEVER said he couldn't spend time with his friends... Second.. PLEASE go!!! ugh!

I've been eating too few calories for the last few days and decided today was fine to be at 1200... to 1390 (my daily goal) or even slightly over. I thought for sure I had blown it completely before dinner because he's being such a jerk. Lunch was a great example.. we got salad bar stuff at a grocery store on the way home. I got a cesar salad with egg and a few chunks of ham.... and some new england clam chowder. As soon as we leave the parking space he's pulling out my lunch and being moody as to why i'm not eating..... UHMMMMM I"M DRIVING!!!!.. I think I've logged everything... and I'm right around 1000. I can make a sensible dinner.. or maybe have a glass of wine as well to intentionally go a little over

tomorrow I'll go to the gym (usually my one day always off)...i'm relaxing for the rest of the day.

Hey Keljo! Deeeeeeep breath! I know that sometimes we all want to change DH to FH! (I'm sure you can think of something that begins with F!) Please dont let a squabble with your "DH" affect your goals! It will pass, I'm sure! I, myself like to be alone for a while on the weekend and am glad when DH wants to go over to a friend's for a while! Gives me a chance to get things done without him in the way!

As to eating too few calories, PLEASE dont do that! When you eat too few calories, your body thinks it's starving and it goes into starvation mode (slowing down metabolism), which means you wont lose weight! Try to eat the right amount of calories for you and get in your daily exercise, whatever that may be. You will be happier and healthier overall.
    BTW, you do know that a glass of red wine is actually good for you....right! Have a great evening!
  • pangeetmi
    pangeetmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The doctor said it's borderline, so if I loose weight it will almost certainly go away. I'm 31 and would like to lose 140 pounds. I'm looking forward to feeling better, and am excited to have found this website, and this forum.
  • keljo05
    Options
    Hey Keljo! Deeeeeeep breath! I know that sometimes we all want to change DH to FH! (I'm sure you can think of something that begins with F!) Please dont let a squabble with your "DH" affect your goals! It will pass, I'm sure! I, myself like to be alone for a while on the weekend and am glad when DH wants to go over to a friend's for a while! Gives me a chance to get things done without him in the way!

As to eating too few calories, PLEASE dont do that! When you eat too few calories, your body thinks it's starving and it goes into starvation mode (slowing down metabolism), which means you wont lose weight! Try to eat the right amount of calories for you and get in your daily exercise, whatever that may be. You will be happier and healthier overall.
    BTW, you do know that a glass of red wine is actually good for you....right! Have a great evening!

oops.. didn't clarify ( i do that a lot... always ask me if more info is needed, lol)... I didn't intentionally eat too little this week.. I just didn't fully get the net calorie thing. Now that it hit me what it means I will make sure to get my net calories to 1200... i think i've been in the 1000 range for the last few days.

I love having the house to myself and my son... I got his room cleaned up and tossed 2 bags of things and set up a simple track on his train table.... haven't seen him since, lol. However story time and bed time is coming .. so happy snuggle time as well.

hubby can take a hike for a while tonight for all I care. I frequently remind him of 2 things when he gets like this:

1) being a miracle that lived thru a heart attack (only 35 when it happened) does NOT entitle you to act without respect to those around you

-he truly is a miracle... he was never supposed to walk out of the hospital.. let alone survive the first day. He
    was the talk of the hospital, and its amazing what happened - but long so I won't go into it

2) Yes his body rallied and overcame the whopping 2% chance of living ( and that was an increase from 0%, lol).. HOWEVER i was the one that signed ALLLLLLL the consent forms for all the treatments that ultimately saved his scrawny butt

I decided not to obsess over dinner calories and had a 3oz serving of chicken with a low cal greek yogurt spinach artichoke spread on it.... with a side salad of cocktail tomatoes sliced and layered with fresh mozz. (caprese salad?) and also 2 small cubes of brie with mushrooms.

the cheese no doubt pushed me way over - haven't added it yet... but after eating too little I think my body needs the reminder that its not starving any time soon...
  • aprillmahone
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is April. I'm a mother of 5 - four boys (15, 9, 4, 3 yrs.) and my fifth, a baby girl (1 yr.). I'm 35 years old and have just started having weight issues since having my last three babies within 4 years. I started my weight loss journey this year March 2, 2011 with a start weight of 212 pounds. As of today, March 26, 2011, I currently weigh 199 pounds. My goal weight is between 145-150. I do take a multi-vitamin daily along with taking 2 Lipo BC fat burners per day, B12 injections weekly (my b12 has been low since I was pregnant with my daughter, I've been taking the shots for over a year now) and I also take chromium polynicotinate to help with my sugar cravings. Plus Dr. Oz says taking chromium everyday is a good thing! I try to exercise everyday but I don't but it will increase. I started using my fitness pal a few days ago to help keep track of what I eat. I've completely stopped adding table sugar to my foods and drinks. I don't eat pasta or bread for now. I will sparingly, eventually. This is extremely hard. I've never had to watch what I eat by counting calories and it is very confusing to me. I have so many quetions to ask. I'm so glad I found you all. I know I'm going to need you. Best of luck to everyone.
  • catzway
    catzway Posts: 9
    Options
    I too have over 150 lbs to lose. I have been big all my life and at one time lost 130 lbs. but as sure as the sun rises it all came back on. This time I aim to control my eating and maintain a good weight, when I reach it with the help of this program, my family and friends.
  • nthelight079
    Options
    I've got over 200 to lose! I'm happy to provide encouragement, and I'm certain I'm going to need some!
  • imgettinphat
    Options
    I have around 114 pounds to lose. I am just getting started as well. Please feel free to add me. I am online quite a bit so reaching me isn't a problem. Good luck with your journey.
  • hamsmash
    hamsmash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm there with y'all, started at 160 to get to healthy BMI Down 10 so far, hopefully can stick to the grind stone and make it. Aiming for mini goals 10 lbs at a time. :D