Needing help with another issue - smoking

Options
123457»

Replies

• poolcue
    poolcue Posts: 35
    Options
    Yesterday was rough, I had to go to few meetings, so I was in the car for over 6 hours driving. That was tough getting through the not smoking in the car. But I made it through. So how is everyone doing?

PC
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to quit also. My husband is a big time smoker. Ive quit before when pregnant and after my kids were born but I start right back up. I smoke now more than ever.
    Add me and we can help each other.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Kwood keep coming back here we will support you quiting
    When is your quit day?
    Good for you for making this choice BEST one you ever will
  • poolcue
    Options
    Kwood, everybody here are or were in the same boat as you. There are enough wisdom to help you. Just remember just you fall off the weagon, you need to get right back on.
    Now for another rant that I got. Since I've quit smoking, I am having a tough time getting quality sleep. I mean I am going to bed and waking up the correct time, but some how I feel extremely tired still. I've read that it's normal for the first couple of months, does anyone has any idea that could help me get better quality sleep beside the normal, drink warm milk, exercise, cut the caffine?

PC
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Ok I have sleeping issues all the time, Heres my remedy

Detoxing bath
    As hot as you can handle is with 3 cups of epsom salts YES its a lot thats the point.
    Sometimes I use eucalyptus oil in a defuser to beathe while in the bath too. Or Lavender (on pillows will also help)
    Soak for 20-30 minutes then rise off in a luke warm shower
    Drink a cup of warm milk and then straight to bed.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My go-to spot for all things quitting smoking is whyquit.com. He has an article about sleep problems: http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_03_22_sleep.html Hope there's something helpful there for you.

I had the blues for awhile after I quit. I couldn't say how long it lasted, I made it thru to the sunny side! ;->

There are chemicals in cigarettes that are mood altering. I see very little acknowledging this, but cigarette smoking is one method of self-medicating for mood problems. You will learn coping methods that do not include smoking.

Stay strong!
  • poolcue
    Options
    Officially 30 days smoke free. Sleeping is getting a little better, haven't had any urge to smoke for a while. Now I just need to get my sleeping right so I can concentrate on working out.

How is everybody doing?

PC
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    YAY PC!! I know you are proud of yourself... Today is officially one month since I had a smoke... I still have urges and today and yesterday were really ad. I have yet to have one though.... I am proud about that.... I know this will pass.. Lot of gum will get me through!

How is everyone else???
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    WOW anniversary's today.

It's been 2 months exactly since I've quit smoking.

Great job Jenyfur and Poolcue.
    It does get easier. I still get the odd craving, but it doesn't last long.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you non-smokers!! You're accomplishing something that you should be very proud of. Give yourself an attaboy every day-twice if needed!
  • poolcue
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been on. Just want to give an update on quitting smoking. So far it's been over a year and 8 months, coming from a 2 pack a day smoker to this. Now I don't have to worry about my kids imitating me smoking. Thank you for all the help that's on the forum.

Work out is a different story however. This is my next hurdle, and with the help of everyone on here, I am sure I will success. Once again thank you for everyone that had supported me for quitting the bad habit.

PC