What do you do with discarded egg yolks?

Options
12346»

Replies

• KatherineMichelle72
    Options

No this doesn't mean to eat tons of the but up to 5 whole eggs a day is fine.

fixed

5 a day??? Seriously... I dont think I could manage that...but I have learned something new...Thanks!
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make caesar salad dressing!
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I buy the carton for my breakfast during the week - however on the weekends I'll separate an egg or two - my husband or the kids add it to theirs. Sometimes I eat it anyway - and sometimes I give them to the dogs. I never just throw them away.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    But WHY separate them? Why get rid of all the health benefits that are the yolk? I mean, I get it if you don't like the taste. To each their own, but for many others they seem to think it is "better" when that is far from the truth.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole egg - no mess, no waste, no problem.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

fixed

5 a day??? Seriously... I dont think I could manage that...but I have learned something new...Thanks!

I can eat up wards of 12 some days.

8-10 for a scrambled egg concoction- which I split in half- then 2-4 more hard boiled for snacks.

5 is just dinner honey!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I agree with many other posters that you should just eat the whole egg. You'll get the full nutrition and no waste.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Eat them, they're good for you.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for posting this. I was going to as well. I wish people would understand that, of course, the yolks are not just thrown aways at the factory. Tossing yolks down the drain seems so wasteful to me. It might save cents, but it is wasteful overall. I have a friend who tears the pages out of books as she reads them, (so the book gets lighter) when I ask her why she ruins perfectly good books she says, "Well, I PAID for it, I can do what I want." It's important to think about the bigger picture sometimes.

Books are too heavy for her to carry around without removing pages? :huh:

Sounds like she could use some egg yolks to beef her up a bit!
  • KatherineMichelle72
    Options

fixed

8-10 for a scrambled egg concoction- which I split in half- then 2-4 more hard boiled for snacks.

5 is just dinner honey!

well now that I know this I will deff eat more.. I love them as snacks and breakfast.. I usually only do 2 a day but I noticed my protien never meets my goal sooooo... I am gonna egg it up!!!
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

fixed

5 is just dinner honey!

well now that I know this I will deff eat more.. I love them as snacks and breakfast.. I usually only do 2 a day but I noticed my protien never meets my goal sooooo... I am gonna egg it up!!!

The only thing I've seen with too many eggs, is getting too much iodine. #notanutritionist