Here is what it looks like when you lose 1/3rd of your body

Options

Replies

• ahmedlogic
    ahmedlogic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YOU are amazing. I applaud you and will support you through your last 30 or so pounds.
  • marissamd
    marissamd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I have to say in my opinion you looked pretty great even last year! You have amazing eyes and a really handsome face! Your wife is a very lucky woman!:flowerforyou:

Yes, yes I am. :wink:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Damn. I could not be prouder of you. And I’m just meeting you through this post for the first time. What a hell of an accomplishment in less than a year. Thank you for sharing your story. Loved your words. And the pictures…you went through a time machine. You look no less than ten years younger and you have a sparkle in your eye. You’re doing awesome, I have no doubt you will meet your goal, and more.

Ditto! She said it so well!! Your transformation is amazing and inspiring!! You must feel SO healthy now. I'm really impressed that you have not cut anything out of your diet (except soda and junk). It proves that you don't have to give up everything. There is room in a healthy lifestyle for small indulgences, as long as it is balanced with fitness and otherwise healthy eating. YAY for you!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ok I have two questions for you that I thought of earlier this morning. I'm guessing when you first started out that you had a weight loss goal of 2 lb per week. Did you keep that goal throughout your entire journey or did you scale it back to 1 lb per week at any time? Were there periods with plateaus and if so how long did they last?

I only ask because my starting weight was 282 and I want to get down to 195. So far I've been losing almost exactly 2 pounds per week but I imagine weight loss will get slower eventually.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiraton to me!
  • a022702
    a022702 Posts: 2
    Options
    Holy cats what an inspiration you are! Good for you!
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Ok I have two questions for you that I thought of earlier this morning. I'm guessing when you first started out that you had a weight loss goal of 2 lb per week. Did you keep that goal throughout your entire journey or did you scale it back to 1 lb per week at any time? Were there periods with plateaus and if so how long did they last?

I did and still do have it at 2lbs per week, to create the bigger deficit, even if I don't always lose 2 per week. The insane thing is the first few weeks I lost way more than that (I think ~8lbs in the first week). I think my body was just reacting from the extreme lifestyle change though, because it settled into 1-3lbs a week from then on.

I've had several plateaus, most only a week or two. I did have one bad one after the holidays in January but that was more self induced by me not exercising and continuing holiday overeating. The closer I've gotten to my goal, the weight loss *has* been a little slower, but that's ok, because I don't have as much to lose.
  • OBX1985
    OBX1985 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That is so absolutely fantastic!! What great advice you have too!! Did you give up regular sodas or were you drinking diet?
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I did and still do have it at 2lbs per week, to create the bigger deficit, even if I don't always lose 2 per week. The insane thing is the first few weeks I lost way more than that (I think ~8lbs in the first week). I think my body was just reacting from the extreme lifestyle change though, because it settled into 1-3lbs a week from then on.

I've had several plateaus, most only a week or two. I did have one bad one after the holidays in January but that was more self induced by me not exercising and continuing holiday overeating. The closer I've gotten to my goal, the weight loss *has* been a little slower, but that's ok, because I don't have as much to lose.

Thank you for the post. I had considered changing to 1 lb a week when I got closer to my goal but I think I will try leaving it at 2 for as long as possible. Your story is great so thank you for sharing!
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    That is so absolutely fantastic!! What great advice you have too!! Did you give up regular sodas or were you drinking diet?

Except for the occasional diet cola with rum or whiskey when I went out, I gave up both diet and regular soda. I don't even miss it at all anymore, to be honest.

Also have to highly recommend Truvia for coffee drinkers...tastes better than any of the other substitute sweeteners. Little bit of truvia and skim milk in the coffee so its not totally black and Im good to go!
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A M A Z I N G !!!!! You have done an incredible job !!! You look great .... WOW
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! well done to you:smile:
  • bethsherbahn
    Options
    your story pretty much tells it all !!! 1st you have to reach the point that you want to really do this foryourself and your family.2nd your right you dont have to give everything up to loose the weight but you do have to change how much and how often you have it!!! Your awesome you have done so good keep up the hard work and you will reach your goal:)
  • amarshall9600
    Options
    My dear sir....i want to congratulate you and say you look ROCKIN AWESOME!!!! You are now an inspiration to myself and I am sure many others on MFP!! Keep up the good work and keep up the posts...the encouragement is needed by all of us! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and all the wonderful tips!
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    that is so wonderful!! you give me hope
  • abrandhausen
    Options
    Well Done!! Thanks so much for sharing. The success stories really help motivate me!
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    That's freaking Aw3SomE..... Good JOB :flowerforyou:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Super dooper job. You look amazingly healthy and quite happy. The advice is spot on.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's awesome! And personally, I think the beard looks even better now! :happy:
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    You look awesome! And I agree about the beard^ lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!