New JM challenge starting on march 21/2011-who is in?

Options

Replies

• melroc
    melroc Posts: 3
    Options
    well dont have shred it going to have to do different one today
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ok shred it with weight was good , used 5 lbs kettle weight but i think i need 10 lbs.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    RAWR Go LUCIE!!!! PUMP IT UP!! LOL
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ok shred it with weight was good , used 5 lbs kettle weight but i think i need 10 lbs.

I use 10lbs and it's a really good workout! Still can't do those jumping/squat things while holding the kettlebell -- but maybe I should try just holding a 3 or 5lb weight instead. Just to think, when I first started this I was holding that 10lbs on my body all the time!
  • lucielu2
    Options

I use 10lbs and it's a really good workout! Still can't do those jumping/squat things while holding the kettlebell -- but maybe I should try just holding a 3 or 5lb weight instead. Just to think, when I first started this I was holding that 10lbs on my body all the time!

I know i need 10 lbs for a better workout
  • up2me2lose20
    Options
    How are you all going to log Yoga Meltdown tomorrow? I watched it today and it looks like it's going to make me sweat and burn. :cry:
  • ileana84
    Options
    Woot to sweat and burn!!! Oh man! I just did the whole video and Im really happy and hyper!:laugh: lol Im drenched in sweat and Im beyond thrilled that my arms are pumping with spasms lol:bigsmile: I have no idea how Im going to log the yoga tomorrow :noway:

I hope u girls had a great workout!!! xoxxoxo
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    Shred It was great today. It was a good workout. The part where you hold the kettlebell squat and jump is a killer. Had to stop a couple of times. I pushed through it though.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Woot to sweat and burn!!! Oh man! I just did the whole video and Im really happy and hyper!:laugh: lol Im drenched in sweat and Im beyond thrilled that my arms are pumping with spasms lol:bigsmile: I have no idea how Im going to log the yoga tomorrow :noway:

Not sure how to log yoga I dony have an hrm...all i know its not juust 85 cal for 30 mins from what it says on here.Im catulaly gott slpit up my workouts today , gonna do yoga in a min here and at 2 when i get off work do the shred it. I would do shred it first but u have to jump a bit and im sure my downstairs neigbor would love me for that LOL
  • lucielu2
    Options

Not sure how to log yoga I dony have an hrm...all i know its not juust 85 cal for 30 mins from what it says on here.Im catulaly gott slpit up my workouts today , gonna do yoga in a min here and at 2 when i get off work do the shred it. I would do shred it first but u have to jump a bit and im sure my downstairs neigbor would love me for that LOL
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had the day off today, so I thought I would be able to get in Yoga Meltdown and Sw/W early. Well, school called and sent one of my little ones home, so I haven't had a chance to do it yet. :frown:

I realized I didn't check in yesterday! Shred it w/ Weights wasn't doing it for me for some reason. Maybe I need to use a higher weight. I don't have a kettle ball so I was using a 5 lb dumbell. I bet that is my problem. I should bump up to an 8 until I can buy a kettleball. I burned under 200 cals with it which is by far the lowest cal burn for any of the JM workouts I've done. I guess it is more concentrated on toning rather than cardio.

Excited to try Yoga Meltdown for the first time! I'll let you guys know what my HRM states that I burn doing it. :smile:

Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Okay, according to my HRM, I burned 191 cals in 34 minutes of Yoga Meltdown.
  • lucielu2
    Options

Thank you so much , first day of shred it with weight ddi not do it for me either , i got a 10 lbs weight kettle weight now so should be better. Yoga was ok---all these workouts are so diffrent then what we are used to but change is good so let see where it takes us ....lol im kinda scared of 6 week 6 pack tommorow LOL
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options

Thank you so much , first day of shred it with weight ddi not do it for me either , i got a 10 lbs weight kettle weight now so should be better. Yoga was ok---all these workouts are so diffrent then what we are used to but change is good so let see where it takes us ....lol im kinda scared of 6 week 6 pack tommorow LOL

Yeah, I just got done doing it with the 8 lb weight, and it was a little harder. I burned 227 cals--way better than before! I'm not sure if I like Yoga Meltdown. I really thought I would, but it was hard to remember all the moves without looking at the television, and it was hard to do the moves while looking at the television. :laugh:

I tried 6 week 6 pack Level 1 once between the 30ds challenge and the Slimdown challenge. I remember liking it!! :wink:
  • ileana84
    Options
    The yoga part is difficult looking at t.v but I got used to it once I did it a few times( different yoga video) Its like wth are you making me do, I cant see? lol

Thanks Val for letting us know the calorie burn. I had checked out a website and it was saying roughly around the same, so I'll stick to that :) Definately the Shred it with Weights (SIWW) is a toning workout. I need it though cause my biceps are good but my triceps need a little more off a firmness. I figured out that I like strength workouts better than cardio.... maybe cause I can do the whole thing without having to gasp for air lol

Hope everyones doing great!! :)
  • lucielu2
    Options

Yeah, I just got done doing it with the 8 lb weight, and it was a little harder. I burned 227 cals--way better than before! I'm not sure if I like Yoga Meltdown. I really thought I would, but it was hard to remember all the moves without looking at the television, and it was hard to do the moves while looking at the television. :laugh:

I tried 6 week 6 pack Level 1 once between the 30ds challenge and the Slimdown challenge. I remember liking it!! :wink:

yeh me too not sure about the yoga but i will give it a go and se where it takes me at end of mth with all these new workouts LOL
  • lucielu2
    Options
    I dont know about u ladies but my *kitten* is killing me ...lol i guess was a really good workout lol
  • ileana84
    Options
    Heck yeah girl!!!! Im right there with you! lol And my thighs too!
  • up2me2lose20
    Options
    I had that same "watch TV and try to do the moves" problem too. But I remember having that problem with The Shred too. It will get better as I get more familiar with it. The whole concept of Yoga is new to me, so I'm sure anyone watching me would have had a good laugh. :)

Excited to do 6wk 6pack tomorrow!
  • up2me2lose20
    Options
    6 week 6 pack was good! I like it a lot. I was very scared of it and still had to modify a couple moves, but I'll get there. I can't keep up on the burpee's though...no

My shoulders and inner thighs are killing me today...is that from the YM?? wow. It's a good burn, though. :smile: