Whats everyone having for supper??

124»

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    crumbed fish, lettuce-carrot-cheese-tomato salad, maybe some baked potato wedges if i'm hungry enough (not a big dinner-eater here)
  • I'm having my homemade chicken taco salad and it's going to be interesting trying to put in my calories from it.........what do I do? Disect my recipe? I have never counted calories before and this is getting tricky because I make up my recipes most of the time.....even though I know they are low cal and low fat......just hard to pin point the calories.......
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    Buffalo Chicken Pizza (Joseph's Lavash, FF Mozzarella, Laughing cow spreadable blue cheese wedge, FF buffalo sauce, 4 oz chicken breast (raw weight)) and a salad
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm having my homemade chicken taco salad and it's going to be interesting trying to put in my calories from it.........what do I do? Disect my recipe? I have never counted calories before and this is getting tricky because I make up my recipes most of the time.....even though I know they are low cal and low fat......just hard to pin point the calories.......

I'm also a "rarely measures" cook. The trick is to measure every once in a while... for instance: I always add mushrooms to my spaghetti sauce. Every few times I make it, I chop up my mushrooms and then measure a cup's worth. It's a visual reminder of "this is how much one cup looks like". The same can be done with spices. Before throwing oregano in, measure out one tablespoon, just to remind yourself what that volume looks like. If you're off a bit here and there, it doesn't matter; so much of this is estimating anyway. But those once in a while reminders help keep estimating on track.
  • terrilien21
    terrilien21 Posts: 18
    bump!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Tonight is an experiment in lasagna. I have some low fat bulk chicken Italian sausage, some organic marinara, and some whole wheat lasagna noodles. So I went and got fat free ricotta and low fat mozzarella to add to the mix. Oh, and some mushrooms and zucchini will be layered in there as well. Hope it turns out alright.

What's everyone else making now that the weather is warming up? I'm looking for ideas that don't have to go into the oven. (Even though I'll be using it tonight...)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Pork roast and brown rice in the crock pot. Black eyed peas, cream corn and a good ol' salad!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    homemade bison burger with grilled onions, wheat bread, lowfat chz and brussel sprouts...yum!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Frittata- ham, spinach, mushroom

mmmm I love frittata....
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I am having spaghetti with ground moose meat instead of beef...cuts the calories WAY down. And for once I don't have to cook because it's my fiance's specialty lol
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I've been thinking about dinner since yesterday when I picked up some mandarin oranges... been blogging my thoughts today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/baisleac/view/recipe-for-tonight-thinking-outloud-101943

Ends up, we're having Sauteed Bison with Mandarin Peanut sauce over lettuce with veggies.
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Boca burger with onion soup secrets gravy
    Dill mashed potatoes
    Sauteed asparagus with garlic.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar sausage (they were delicious-120 calories!) with onions & tomato on a lite bun & corn on the cob...maybe some watermelon too :)
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    home made black bean burger; no bun. =)
This discussion has been closed.