MFP Runners Club - July 14th

Options
124»

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I got in my 3.35 today. I also cut off 1minute 10 seconds off my overall time. Would it be bad if I tried to cut off a minute or 30 seconds everyday? I only have about 10 days of training before my race and I really want to be able to run it in less than 38 minutes. Today I ran it in 40 minutes 50 seconds. Am I even being realistic?

Yey for you!!! I like your goals too! Keep up the great work!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How much running is too much? I've been wanting to ask this question, but I didn't want to sound like sucha newbie haha. If my body isn't responding negatively then is it okay to go on another long run the next day? I'm sorry, but I have just become kinda obsessed haha and I looove how I feel after a long run. The millions of extra calories burned isn't too shabby either. :happy:

"Welcome to the nut house!" It is a great feeling. Isn't it? I wish I had discovered running earlier.

I think it depends on your total weekly mileage. Someone help us out here...

All the "experts" seem pretty consistent in recommending that you not increase your weekly totals by more than 10%.

Hi all,
    I have been wondering the same thing. I love the way I feel after a run. And I hate my rest days not to mention that the I only get to eat 1200 calories! My routine has run days and cross training days so I am trying to do different things that also feel good like pilates and biking and strength training.
    Tonight is a run though and I can't wait. Don't know how far we will go - will check back in!
    Bunny