25 To LIFE -- July

Options
Ok, thought we could use yet another string. Where is everyone?! Maybe it's time to check in and state new goals.

Today 166
Goal by August 1, 162
Goal by August 15 159
Goal by August 31 156

Clothes Size current 10 or 8 stretch
Goal by August 31 size 8

I am going to try and set realistic goals. I haven't been very successful in the weight loss area lately but I can't say that I have truly been trying either. I haven't gained though and I am still running/lifting on a regular basis so I feel good about where I am. I just want to feel better. I can't wait to get out of the 160's.

This weeks workout goals

Monday run 3.5 miles at 9.5 min pace & abs workout
Tuesday abdominals and weight lifting 45 min
Wednesday 4 miles at 9.5 - 10 min pace & abs workout
Thursday run 3.5 miles at 9.5 min pace & abs workout
Friday run 6 miles - no pace goal just want to finish
Saturday abdominals and weight lifting 45 min & ab workout
Sunday ---REST DAY

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok, thought we could use yet another string. Where is everyone?! Maybe it's time to check in and state new goals.

Today 166
    Goal by August 1, 162
    Goal by August 15 159
    Goal by August 31 156

Clothes Size current 10 or 8 stretch
    Goal by August 31 size 8

I am going to try and set realistic goals. I haven't been very successful in the weight loss area lately but I can't say that I have truly been trying either. I haven't gained though and I am still running/lifting on a regular basis so I feel good about where I am. I just want to feel better. I can't wait to get out of the 160's.

This weeks workout goals

Monday run 3.5 miles at 9.5 min pace & abs workout
    Tuesday abdominals and weight lifting 45 min
    Wednesday 4 miles at 9.5 - 10 min pace & abs workout
    Thursday run 3.5 miles at 9.5 min pace & abs workout
    Friday run 6 miles - no pace goal just want to finish
    Saturday abdominals and weight lifting 45 min & ab workout
    Sunday ---REST DAY

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Ok...so where has this group gone to? We are becoming extinct! Do we need a little accountability here? Let's hear some current weights and goals for the week/month. Where are you guys?!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Well I am here, more of me that I want to be but so be bit. Summer has been so hard!!! I work as an Administrative Assitant in a nursing home and today before lunch one of our "more with it" residents called me over and told me "your fat" "your belly is big and your legs are this big", she held up her hand about the size of a soccer ball. :noway: This didn't sit very well, I have been so depressed since. I thought I was doing ok, it has been about 2 weeks since I got on the scales, trying not to weight every time I pass one, hoping I would be "pleasantly suprised". Well, Margaret (resident) has definately kicked my motivation in to gear!! So I will check in again next week, WITH improvements!!
    Despressed but motivated!
    Rhonda

P.S. my goal by the end of summer is to go from 179 (2 weeks agao) to 170 by August 15 (saying a prayer!)
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I am here 3rd week and again the scale will not move. I upped my exercise and sticking with it. I think I am gaining muscle but no weight loss/gain. I would love to loose at least 8 pounds over the next month. We shall see.:grumble:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Well I am here, more of me that I want to be but so be bit. Summer has been so hard!!! I work as an Administrative Assitant in a nursing home and today before lunch one of our "more with it" residents called me over and told me "your fat" "your belly is big and your legs are this big", she held up her hand about the size of a soccer ball. :noway: This didn't sit very well, I have been so depressed since. I thought I was doing ok, it has been about 2 weeks since I got on the scales, trying not to weight every time I pass one, hoping I would be "pleasantly suprised". Well, Margaret (resident) has definately kicked my motivation in to gear!! So I will check in again next week, WITH improvements!!
    Despressed but motivated!
    Rhonda

P.S. my goal by the end of summer is to go from 179 (2 weeks agao) to 170 by August 15 (saying a prayer!)

I used to work as the Director of Social Services in a nursing home years ago. You're right...the residents can be brutal verbally. Many times they are just like children...they say the darnest things. Hang in there and use that as motivation, don't let it get you down. You can do it!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    woops, i didnt realize we had a new string going...

heres what i wrote last nite on the one for June

wwoooo hoooooooooo!

you guys im just so excited. i know i just wrote the other day about finally hitting 160. Well today, after zumba (where i burned 1200 calories for just one class OMG) i weighed again, since monday is supposed to be our weigh in day ladies!!! and i was at 158!!!!!!

HOORAHH!!!

i am so so excited! i havent seen in 150s in so long, and im just so thrilled

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day, the one who is getting married, on the phone. She was commenting about how we switched places, and she got heavier while I was getting slimmer. The thing about her is, that shes pretty much the definition of lazy when it comes to exercise, and tho she dosent eat a ton, she makes bad choices. i didnt say that to her of course, but i made sure to tell her that the only way that works is diet and exercise!!

Anyway, four people independently noticed my loss today...it must have been the shirt i chose to wear... either way, this has been a good day for me in the "new lifestyle' department....Makes it all worth it!!!

fran was back from California and we had a great class...she was appreciative to me for doing class, and i think she feels awesome that we were able to hold it together without her there to instruct us. Thank God this whole time i have been striving to do each zumba move exactly like her and in the highest energy that i could possibly exert. i think that helped me to learn the moves better...I also feel sexier during that class because latin dance is very hippy! (perfect for me bc im definitely a hippie!)

now that i have chit chatted yalls heads off... Let me know how yall are doin? Any losses in lbs or Inches?

I love you all.. you are my motivation and willpower, and i mean that!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    I am here 3rd week and again the scale will not move. I upped my exercise and sticking with it. I think I am gaining muscle but no weight loss/gain. I would love to loose at least 8 pounds over the next month. We shall see.:grumble:

8lbs. over the next month....that's a lofty goal! Good Luck with it, I hope you succeed!

It's that TOM for me and so the weight hasn't decreased for me this week at all. I will hopefully drop a pound or two by this time next week.....I hope.....I hope.....I hope! I have to start logging again though. That's my biggest problem, I'm not loggin at all. I am ok on the exercise, just not on the calorie count. I guess I should be grateful that I haven't gained anything!:tongue:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    you guys im just so excited. i know i just wrote the other day about finally hitting 160. Well today, after zumba (where i burned 1200 calories for just one class OMG) i weighed again, since monday is supposed to be our weigh in day ladies!!! and i was at 158!!!!!!

HOORAHH!!!

Good for you!! 158! That is awesome. I would love to be there but that's about 8 lbs. away from where I am! What is your ultimate goal? You are the workout queen!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    That is so awsome iluvsparkes. Congrats. Ok 8 pounds is wishful thinking I will be lucky if I drop 2 pounds. I cant figure why I keep going 5 to 6 weeks with out loosing a pound then all at once I drop 5. But this is the 3rd week so hoping loose something. I have been working so hard. doing exercise 7 days a week and eating most of my exercise calories. If anyone can give me some advice. :sad:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Soooo today, was interesting.
    Yall may know that I am a designer at a newspaper.

well today, one of the machines in the press room broke, and so we got backed up. So allll of us 'upstairs' had to go downstairs and work in the press room to make up for lost time. While down there, someone took my photo on their phone..and when i saw it, i was actually pleased!! so i thought yall might wanna seee

n1005819988_30090137_8940.jpg
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Looking Good :drinker: :drinker:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Sindy...maybe if you change your routine up a little and kinda 'trick' your body.... sometimes that helps to get a plateau moving. Also, another suggestion i have been given in the past is to move up to maintenance calories for a week or so, for some reason it works, cuz thats what i did, and i finally lost!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    I agree....bump up your calories, your body is probably holding on to all the calories because it's thinking you are starving it. I always find when I raise my calories by 200 or so for a day or two that I end up losing a couple of pounds. Call me crazy but it works and I am always open to eating more food!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm here.
    I haven't exercised in WEEKS! I knew this would happen when the kids got home. I'm sleeping late, don't want to leave the house, it's too hot to do things outside, want to keep the kids happy so we'll go sit on the beach for hours.
    The closest I've gotten to any exercise is walking the dog around the block.:noway: :noway: :noway:
    I went to the gym that 1 day on vacation.
    I gained 3 pounds over the weekend.
    I still haven't signed up at the Y.
    excuses, excuses.
    I've been trying to log in my calories, but am getting discouraged b/c i don't have any exercise calories to counteract what I've been eating. I haven't been eating bad, but maybe just a tad too much.
    I promise to do more of something this week!
    I have gotten to drinking my water again (after my vacation and wedding, where I didn't get enough) I'm back to drinking my box of water!
    As far as all of you, way to go! Keep it up!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    your doing fine jenn. I think its healthy to sometimes take a small break from logging foods. At least for me, as i was getting obsessed with it! At least you know that your have a new outlook on food so you don't have to concentrate quite as much on losing right now, but maintaining...

either way, you look awesome!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Jenn - don't get discouraged you know that can become a vicious downward trend. Just pick yourself up and start today. Even if you stand in front of the TV and jump rope for 15 minutes followed by some crunches, push ups and then tricep and bicep curls. Whatever you manage do is going to burn calories and make you stronger and feel better!!! You can do this....you already have done so well!!!

What are you doing still reading this post!?!?!?!? Get your butt on the floor lady and lets see 15 push ups!!! NOW!!!:laugh:
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh 135.4lbs at 5'2 and want to be down to 129 by Sep 1st. Then i want to be down to 124 by Oct 1st. Then 119 by Nov 1st.... I'm guessing it may be pretty hard for me since its the last 5 or so pounds that don't want to come off for anything... I'm currently a size 8-10 depending on clothing i would like to be a 5 or 6 maybe a 4 who knows not sure if my bone structure will support that. :)

I've been using my illiptical every day since this last sunday and did some stair climbing, squats and crunches yesterday. Today I'm going to do a yoga video and more illiptical and maybe the firm 15min abs...

My goal is to work out at least 5-6 days a week ( I think this will really help since i don't or haven't worked out much ever)

Thanks for the motivation
    Shari
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you iluvsparkles and buckeyebabe I will try that. You say eat a little more correct? Think I can handle that. :bigsmile: I guess my body may be changing because I have noticed I am thinner around my core. But let me loose a pound at least:grumble:

Welcome snowflowr82 you can do this. If your having a bad day, week or month we are here. :drinker:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey sindy - it's easy to forget that as you tone up, you might look like you're not loosing weight as you get some muscle (it weighs more than fat and looks better too!), sounds like you've got some positive changes going on!!! :D

Thanks sparkles (from other thread), luckily I'm pretty capable with both hands and was able to take notes left handed and whatnot.

My weight hasn't got down at all. I need to be able to work out more to make much progress. Found some pilates stuff I can do for my core without using my arm, so that's something.

I'm moving back to the city soon, and have a few programs I might try and see if I can do! Minnie and I hike for 2-5 hours at least 3 times a week, and walk minimum 30 minutes every day! I'm not sure what else to do. *shrug*
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Hmm I might have figured out my problem! IT's so obvious!

I tend to eat about the same, all the time. It's slightly over (very slightly) the daily recommended for losing a pound. Even when I try to eat extra, calculating what I did today, I'm 500 calories under.

I'm just going to have to be more careful!

It's always so obvious!!! I check most days but clearly I'm not being as careful as I should.

I've also reinstituted not eating 2 hours before bed. (: I'm mostly pretty good, but it only takes once, right?