25 To LIFE -- July

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks kerridwen. I hope you are doing better:flowerforyou: I took some measurements the other day and realized my leg muscles are getting bigger but core is loosing some inches. I changed my profile today to loose 1 pound instead of 2 pounds and see if that helps I might not be eating enough. it is very hard to judge exactly what I am burning I am also this week end going to do my walking but add a different exercise as well maybe beginers work out. Hopefully that gives my body a kick start.

Thank you everyone you guys are so helpful I did not have this kind of support the last time and gave up. Not this time. Just makes me more determined. :drinker: :drinker:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Sindy -> I totally agree. Just checking in and reading up on everyone is uplifting!

You guys are fabulous!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Get out there and exercise today!!! Everyone have a great day!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just checking in!
    Signed up at the gym the other day. Now to get myself there! I will, b/c my kids also have friends in the child watch and they like to get out of the house. So I have no excuses! Except for not wanting to leave the house right now b/c it's going to be 95 today. It's 9am and already 85 and muggy!
    Have a great weekend.
    Goals
    July 19 158 (TOM :devil: )
    Aug. 2 155
    Aug. 9 154
    Aug. 16 152
    Aug. 30 150 *crossing fingers*
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    welp, i just got done with my very first ever 5k!!

it went really well, and i cut ten minutes off of my time from when i tried it on Tuesday...yay! I finished toward the back of the runners, but before all of the walkers, in just 34 minutes, and i completed the first mile in 9 minutes!! i couldn't believe it!!

I am definitely not much of a runner, but it was great. My co-worker and good friends wife and i were at a similar pace, so we stuck with each other which made it so much easier, and she was a great encourager for me, telling me to keep it up!

Anyway, i may not have the internet this weekend, boohoo. I am definitely addicted to it! I guess i will just have to get crafty with my sewing machine, my second love next to zumba now!

i guess it would be a good idea to set some goals while i am here. (this time trying to be more realistic with what i have been losing up until now)

Today July 19th 158 at last weigh in (finally about half way to my loss goal)

August 4th - 156 but will be happy with 157

Aug 18th - 154 i hope - 155 is where my body has decided that it is happy in the past, so i feel a plateau coming on at that weight. This will also be about the time we will take in my size 16 brides maids dress (that better not fit!) it was ordered when i was at 172, and my mom put it on the other day and said it fit her, and shes a little bigger than me and wears a 36 bra where as i am 34 around the ribs...but i digress

Sept. 1st - 20 days til julies wedding. Id like to be somewhere between 150 and 155 - and MUCH More toned. Time to up the pilates workout.

Sept 15th - hopefully around 150 which is where i will be happy. My main goal is 145, but 150 will do! I know i am at the point of those last few pounds, and so it will come off slower. I just want to get stronger and more toned for that strapless dress! (and ive got to find a strapless bra that works!)
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I love to hear everyone is motivated. :heart: I upped my calories, set to loose one pound a week instead of two. Continued with 3 mile walks M-F and did 29 min aerobics (low impact) work out along with (now dont laugh it is a start.) :laugh: sorry could not help it 3 min. of jumping rope. :laugh: :laugh: did not realize how winded that gets you I will keep at it and get it up there. Wanted to change up exercise too to see if it helped. Well tomorrow is weigh in and we shall see. Got to go clean the house and do tons of laundry (17 year old boy). Have a great Day. :bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    It posted twice sorry :bigsmile:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    No laughing here Sindy! That's the way to do it! My jogging is pretty low still too, but we'll get there!!! :flowerforyou:

Hopefully you notice the difference quickly!

Spent the weekend hiking and swimming up around Georgian Bay, stunning! And not bad either.

I have a broken arm that I swam with and my knees are what are bothering me, eek! Time for new shoes and some physio exercises I think!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I was just glad no one was a wake it was quite funny. Tom is visiting so I will stay away from the scale last time it said I gained 5lbs. so I will just wait till next week to weigh myself. I am feeling it today in my knees. Have not done that kind of exercise for a long time but it felt good. Today I will stay will walking. :bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    wwwwohooo! check me out! I loooove this pic! makes me feel even more motivated!
    running.jpg
  • sindyb9
    Options
    You go girl. You are keeping me very motivated. Good for you. :drinker: :drinker:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Emily! I'm soooooo proud of you!!
    Way to go!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Me, I was on the treadmill yesterday and thought running 2 minutes was good! hahahaha! Just can't do it, so kudos to all the runners out there!
    you are my IDOL! hehe
    :heart: :heart:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Way to go Sparkles and Jenbar! Just getting out there is great!!

I have started a 5K running program, seems the best one I've found so far. I was doing research and going on my own but I found something I think will work so here's hoping! I can't take as much time off as it says I should (Puppy seems to need about a few k's a day to keep her happy! ha!).

I had put back on 5 lbs but off they went again, crazy! So I'm back where it says I am here! Wish me luck hitting the 170s in the near future!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Luck kerridwen :drinker: I so want a puppy lost my big dog last Nov. :brokenheart: and inherited the beagle who is 4 years. I want another big dog. Maybe next year after I move.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    alright yall

i havent been logging like i should

i decided to change my goal to 1 lb per week, seeing as how thats closer to the results ive bene getting anyway (IF 1 lb per week..its so sporadic) so in turn, it upped my daily calories to almost 1500.

and now i see why i have been avoiding logging!

i logged everything from yesterday, and i came up waaaayyyyyy under. (1,200 still to eat, even with chips and pizza!) why am i having such a problem with this! obviously i had no problem eating to get up to 175lbs over the last year.

so anyway, i am just writing this down, to better hold myself accountable. Today is another day, a pilates day, where i burn much fewer calories... anyway... thats it for now
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Thanks sindy! I lost a dog myself about a year before I was ready for Minnie. :( I hope you find a good friend, when you're ready! :D Petfinder.ca is fantastic, btw.

Wow sparkles! Impressive!!

Ok so day 2 of the new training schedule! I picked up new shoes today and now all I need is to find a little cheap watch that has a timer on it so I can keep track better! And new pants for trail running with an mp3 player pocket would be a huge plus! Ah well, one thing at a time. (:

Hope everyone's doing well!!! Snacks lots! So much fresh fruit it's hard to go wrong!
  • jenbar
    Options
    So, I went to the gym today, as like I said in the previous post, I AM NOT A RUNNER, so after the elliptical I jumped on the treadmill and decided to "RUN", well, I got past the 2 minute mark, and decided, "if I can just do a 1/2 mile". Well, 3, 4, 5 minutes pass, I see the end in sight 6 minutes, woo hoo, I ran (in complete sweat and out of breath) and made it to 1/2 mile. How pathetic, but I DID IT! Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Some day I might eventually get to 1 mile! (mind you, I'm a smoker! shhh, don't tell!:angry: )
    Feeling better about myself, since I'm back at the gym scene. AND, i have friends there that see me and say "so, I'll see you tomorrow, right?" ugh, YUP, I'll be here! Cause I don't want to hear it if I don't! AND, my boys are having a good time in the child watch. So I don't feel that guilty about leaving them there. They get to go in the basketball court too, so it's kind of like indoor camp for them, since I had no money to put them in camp this summer.
    p.s. My friend was over and saw some photos of me in the past, and she just stood there staring at them and said "it doesn't even LOOK like you???" Well, it was! Was being the KEY word!
    :heart: Jennifer
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i did a little better today, i logged everything...

it was a pilates day so i didnt have that many calories burned to eat back... i still have 200 left today...but we'll see.

i was frustrated to get on the scale and see 162 again, but i figure that can be waste and water weight, so i am trying not to get discouraged.

tomorrow is a big calorie day, so i need to pay attention early on.

so lemme work this out...
    i need 1450 with my new 1 lb per week deficit. Add my predicted exercise calories to that, and i have 2,300 calories for the whole day...wow. ok so my goal is to eat 1500 of them before zumba tomorrow.
    Crap!! i know yall are prolly getting tired of listening to me whine... im just catching myself being too hard headed about eating under calories every day! I need to seriously convince myself that it is OK to eat 2300 calories in one day, where my pre-programmed response is to freak out in fear of fat at the thought of a 500 calorie PB&J

thats all for now!
  • jenbar
    Options
    I wish I was burning that amount! Good Lord, the most I gotten to was 500! I couldn't imagine double or triple. But I DO love those calories I get to eat!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    iluvsparkles you probably were not exercising like you are now. So fuel your body you burned them and the prise is to eat them. Eat away those pounds :laugh: :drinker:

jenbar good job on a 1/2 mile I cant even run a couple of seconds you will be doing a mile before you know it.

Have a great day everyone.